Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

G'day All

My wife Lynn and I had a fantastic time once again on the Apple Isle and despite the rain, we still enjoyed it.

But some time during the last 2 days at Burnie, someone decided they needed my wife's front over-riders off her Hatch more than she did.

Probably worth some where around $100 a pair

I know it would not be anyone from Tassie that we've had the pleasure to meet and or those from this forum so if the Tassie Torana people hear of some one trying to flog off a pair of front over-riders then I would appreciate knowing some contact details.

Thanks ... Barry

#2 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,119 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

Thieving barstards

#3 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

Sorry to hear that Barry and Wife, and hope you can replace them well. Dave I

#4 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

Yeah surely someone here has some of those laying around ?

#5 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

I know that we will not get them back so I hope who took them has bad karma and I do believe in karma

Yes Geno, thieving bar stewards but I could use stronger language but then I would get banned off the forums for a spell

Barry

#6 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

:wtf:

Sorry for your loss Baz.

I can't believe the levels some people will stoop to.

#7 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

:wtf:

Sorry for your loss Baz.

I can't believe the levels some people will stoop to.

2 things I hate, liars and fur king thieves  :shoot:

Barry

#8 _WhiteKnight_

_WhiteKnight_
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

So what makes u think they were taken whilst in Tassie as they could have been taken whilst u were in Victoria

cheers Keith

#9 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

So what makes u think they were taken whilst in Tassie as they could have been taken whilst u were in Victoria

cheers Kei

Before and after pics

Now-you-see-them.jpg

AND

Now-you-dont.jpg

One might fall off but not two, they were stolen in Tassie around the time we were at Burnie

Barry

Edited by Pop's-SS, 22 December 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#10 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

Hi Barry,

Sorry to see that sour you trip & I agree that Karma should apply.

If it helps and you plan to replace them, I saw a NOS set on gumtree here in Adelaide, $100 for the 2. Cheaper than the set on evilbay starting at $150.

#11 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

Yeah surely someone here has some of those laying around ?

Yes the someone does and a pair of front over-riders should be turning up at my place some time next week  :spoton: 

Karma can be good but it also can be a bitch

To the thieving bar steward I put upon him the curse of a thousand leprechauns and to my mate  :spoton: 

Karma can also be good  :spoton: 

I won't name that person but he has helped others without wanting $$$ or any other acknowledgement except a thank you.

A grateful Pop's-SS

#12 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Name:Maz
  • Car:72 LJ SL SEDAN.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

well thats burnie for you,low life scums given tas a bad name,i doubt in future car enthusiasts will be willing to bring there pride and joys down here in future for a tour,its allways the go someone ruining a persons experience and enjoyment in another state,well people now know where not to stay ,in a way im glad it was only the over riders than the whole car,if you ever come back, go down south barry where the good people are,we have places where you can lock your car up for the night,

cheers Maz

#13 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

Down South mmmmmmmmmmmmm, I took my LJ V8 down there in 2002 and there were guys in a white HT Holden Panel Van with the bonnet up, lucky I was only gone for 5 minutes as I left something behind, one guy was under the hood, with the glass fuel pump open, pretending he was doing that and his mate right near my car with a set of, looked like some sourt of fealer gauge type of keys, my guess they were used to unlock car doors, and cause I came. back, his other two mates turned up liked they were keeping look out, they all jumped in the van and drove off, and in the same time frame a guy had a white SS Hatch ripped off down Hobart that had a big dollar 308 V8 Engine in it, they found the car less motor, with sorry scratched on top of the roof the low life's, and in 1990 me and some mates went to Hobart and stayed in the city at a big hotel with a underground garage, we went nightclubbing, we get back and the office desk guy says u better come with me, we go with him and there are the Police, someone tried to steal the SS Hatch, lucky they flooded it and security came along, the two guys ran off who were trying to steal it, wont take my car's to Hobart ever.

#14 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

jesus,doesnt matter where you go aye,so yous heard it fellas dont come to tas ever,

and they are having an L34 a9x day down south,

and launy is no different either,lowlifes everywhere

Maz

Edited by madtoranajzedded, 07 January 2014 - 04:24 PM.

#15 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

jesus,doesnt matter where you go aye,so yous heard it fellas dont come to tas ever,

Maz

Exactamondo, Maz, unfortunately the very few make it look bad for the many.

Tassie is a great place and I will continue to recommend a visit there to anyone  :spoton: 

Barry

#16 Steve TPF

Steve TPF

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Location:Adelaide... city of... anyone know something good about it?
  • Car:UC hatch

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

Exactamondo, Maz, unfortunately the very few make it look bad for the many.

Tassie is a great place and I will continue to recommend a visit there to anyone  :spoton: 

Barry

As someone who spent 15 years in Tasmania (family moved there when I was young) I really can't recommend it to anyone. You can find nice people anywhere if you look hard enough, but Tasmanians are, in general, the rudest and most offensive A-holes I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. And the cops are the least professional I have ever met (that's putting it very politely). Considering that I was raised as a christian and was habitually polite and well-behaved, I can find no excuse for the behaviour I had to put up with - although generations of inbreeding may well be the explanation.

#17 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

As someone who spent 15 years in Tasmania (family moved there when I was young) I really can't recommend it to anyone. You can find nice people anywhere if you look hard enough, but Tasmanians are, in general, the rudest and most offensive A-holes I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. And the cops are the least professional I have ever met (that's putting it very politely). Considering that I was raised as a christian and was habitually polite and well-behaved, I can find no excuse for the behaviour I had to put up with - although generations of inbreeding may well be the explanation.

inbreeding pfft,seems you are christian didnt man and women start as two people and eve was made of adams rib ,and god blew into adams nostrils and gave him life,baaaahahahaha,,there a good people down here mate,so keep your whingeing sooky comments to yourself,

#18 Steve TPF

Steve TPF

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Location:Adelaide... city of... anyone know something good about it?
  • Car:UC hatch

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

inbreeding pfft,seems you are christian didnt man and women start as two people and eve was made of adams rib ,and god blew into adams nostrils and gave him life,baaaahahahaha,,there a good people down here mate,so keep your whingeing sooky comments to yourself,

I was RAISED christian - I'm now an atheist. Point is, I was always polite and well behaved - something that Tasmanian hillbillies don't seem to take kindly to.

I spent 15 years getting treated like crap by Tasmanian scum. That's not a whinge - that's a fact.

#19 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

I was RAISED christian - I'm now an atheist. Point is, I was always polite and well behaved - something that Tasmanian hillbillies don't seem to take kindly to.

I spent 15 years getting treated like crap by Tasmanian scum. That's not a whinge - that's a fact.

so why would you want to bring this up on a car enthusiasts forum sounds like you need to see someone to deal with your problems,mate this is a forum about cars not about hearing your problems about how you grew up ,there are other forums out there if u wanna talk about how you were treated, scum is everywhere mate its not an isolated incident,all schools have bullies ,if you were picked on i feel sorry for you but this is not the place to talk about your stories

#20 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

so why would you want to bring this up on a car enthusiasts forum sounds like you need to see someone to deal with your problems,mate this is a forum about cars not about hearing your problems about how you grew up ,there are other forums out there if u wanna talk about how you were treated, scum is everywhere mate its not an isolated incident,all schools have bullies ,if you were picked on i feel sorry for you but this is not the place to talk about your stories

:threadjacked:  Two sides to every story but as said, this is not the forum air your history of life and grievances.

I'm 64 and have had some hard times in my life but the good will always outweigh the bad, look forward and not back.

Barry

#21 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Maz

Yes it Dose not matter where you go, they have all ready had the A9X Nationals in Hobart all ready Maz, in 2002 ish mark, Hobart was the Car Theft Capitol of Australia, in some months of that year, I believe there was a car theft gang in work that the Police in Hobart finally busted up, Maz u live down that way, its was in the Hobart Mercury Newspaper about it at the time, and the two incidents that I have had from taking muscle cars to Hobart is a bit scary, I wont take my Muscle cars to Hobart, that's just me.

AL

Edited by xu2308, 09 January 2014 - 03:00 PM.

#22 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

hi al ,i do understand where you are coming from, up here in new norfolk cars get pinched for parts ,then torched,and its on a regular basis,mostly just for joy rides though,yes i do remember faintly about that gang being busted,that hatchback was from the eastern shore,and as you said minus motor,its an all too common occurence ,just two doors down this old fella had his 6cyl lh lx in original form brown with the black stripe near windows pinched couple yrs back never to be seen again,even when my brother had his white slr here my shed was still gravelled and near caught these lowlifes digging under the roller door ,im a pretty good runner but couldnt catch them,they must of been on drugs,i am well prepared for the nxt visit as i have a few 12 guage AA s here,no rabbit ammo lol

cheers Maz

Edited by madtoranajzedded, 09 January 2014 - 04:14 PM.

#23 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hey Barry, back on topic - I take it you rode the Spirit of Tassie over?  How did they handle the old cars? Any special treatment, parking spot etc?  I've riden the spirit with a modern car and was a bit worried about how close some cars were parked etc...

I'm considering riding over for a bit of a cruise around...

#24 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

barry is all happy now :D

#25 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

Hey Barry, back on topic - I take it you rode the Spirit of Tassie over?  How did they handle the old cars? Any special treatment, parking spot etc?  I've riden the spirit with a modern car and was a bit worried about how close some cars were parked etc...

I'm considering riding over for a bit of a cruise around...

No probs Daz, even on the trip over which was rougher than the trip back, the cars didn't move at all.

Most have their cars in Park/in gear and the hand brake on.

Probably the only tip I can give is not to line up early as you may end up near the bilge pumps LOL and then be last off the ship.

I did take time to get out of the car, get our carry on luggage out and check that the people in the car alongside did not do the car park door slam on the missus's Hatch.

The other tip is to take a sea-sick tablet just as the boat is leaving Port Phillip as it takes over an hour to get to open sea and same on the way back.

Night trip is obviously the best as the day trip is ocean views and ocean views and ocean views and you have wasted a day of driving in Tassie.

On board you settle in and have tea then maybe take in a movie or 2 or sit around having a few drinks but you have already been there done that,

barry is all happy now :D

:spoton: AND you certainly find out who your mates are, eh mate  :spoton: 

Barry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users