tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:52 PM

Just in case those wondering who the hell is "Daf" and what does she have to do with this ..... She is my daughter.

#77 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:24 AM

I remember speaking to Andrew way back while living in Sydney, and finally meeting him while helping to put up his shade canopy at the 04 Nationals. Introduced by Kelly.....
Continued to call him about Torana bits while in Perth, then when we finally came home one of the last big discussions I had with him (quite a while ago now) was sourcing a ratty coupe shell to turn into a GMH-Torana.com/QTCC Torailer. How many ppl would offer to give someone a coupe shell these days!
But that is the sort of person he was.
If you had trouble catching up with him, you only needed to go to the next swap-meet and wait near the biggest pile of Red heads you could find.

Disappointed now that i never had the time to get that shell and do the trailer, as it would have been a great lasting memory.

Andrew McLean Memorial Run

Lets all get this done.
Sometime in the next month lets organise runs everywhere to remember Andrew and what he has given us, the forums and achieved in his life.

Lets decide on one date and each state/area can organise and execute their own run.

Lets make sure the Clubs are involved so all on Club Rego can get out for it.

I'll start a thread in the Runs section.

Grant..

#78 _LoneOranger_

_LoneOranger_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:46 PM

I was fortunate enough to have dealt with Andrew as well.
He was very nice indeed.
My condolences to all his Family, Loved ones and Friends.
John.

#79 _mitch74_

_mitch74_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:58 PM

R.I.P his work will live on

#80 _David Paterson_

_David Paterson_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

I'm like many people here. I first met Andrew as a customer, but he was the sort of bloke who many of his customers became friends. A real gentlemen who lived and breathed Toranas and was always keen to help anybody with what ever they needed to get their own Torana going. Most of all, he was totally straight up and bullshit free.

I offer my deepest condolences to Deb & the girls. Remember the good times and he'll live in your heart & mind forever.

#81 _v8slrtorana_

_v8slrtorana_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:53 PM

Rest In Peace

I never did get to meet Andrew as im in the NT, but i have brought many items from him and can say his customer service was perfect.

#82 _smiley_

_smiley_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:37 PM

The first funeral I`ve ever been to that played AC/DC but what else would you expect from Andrew.LOL
A sad but also enlightening day to see how many lives he touched and also the respect that he has earned over the years, such a great loss of all that Torana knowledge at a relatively young age.
Our thoughts are with you Champ!!!!

#83 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:52 PM

Darren, didn't get a chance to say g'day cos the missus snagged me with a cuppa.

Spoke to Deb and passed on all our thoughts from the forums.
She let me know how much it meant to her when Leigh gave her the printouts of all the messages, and that whenever she sees a torana she will remember how many ppl thought so well of Andrew and all the good times they've had.

Andrew would have been extremely happy with the turn out of magnificent toranas. It was great to hear so many happy stories and see how much of a friend he had been to so many.

Drive on mate. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Grant..

#84 _Torana308_

_Torana308_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:24 PM

Sorry im so late on this but i offer my sincere condolences to the family. I had been buying parts off Andrew for years (would be 8 or 9 now) and he was always happy to help out. A huge loss to everyone as the world needs more people like him. If theres anything i can do to help his family please let me know asap. If there is a cruise for him let me know and ill try and help out any way possible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users