Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:28 AM

As has been mentioned in the other thread,
THe GMH-Torana.com.au crew and of course our trusted mates have been invited by the Monaro Owners Drivers and Enthusiasts Assosciation to attend their Annual "DAWN CRUISE".

This cruise will be leaving from Loftus Oval Car Park at 04:45 (Approx) travelling down the prices highway and entering the Royan National Park at Waterfall for a quick squirt through the park to Stanwell Tops.
From this point we are able to watch a magnificent sunrise with a great bunch of friends. (And fingers crossed for a fine and clear morning so we can actually see the sun rise from teh horizon rather than the cloud cover!)

We then adjourn down the cost to a lovely cafe names Sea Salt at Bulli, for a spot of Breakky and coffee.

From there people are free to head on to do their own thing, and some of the die-hards continue up the road to the Headlands pub for a refreshing ale or two and often a bucket of prawns or burger for lunch.

As can be seen in the previous thread, it is a wonderful morning out (even with the sparrow's start!!), and everyone who has come on previous runs has been more than friendly and inviting.

Please indicate your intention to come along here as we will need to book space at the Cafe, to ensure we get our breaksfasts! :dontknow:

Thanks again to Pete (ElPrezidente of MODE) for extending the invite to our members, and i look forward to the photos!

We will take a few photos from WA for you so that we can keep the spirit alive!
Wish we could be there!

Cheers
Tiny.

#2 _WhiteKnight_

_WhiteKnight_
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:03 PM

As has been mentioned in the other thread,
THe GMH-Torana.com.au crew and of course our trusted mates have been invited by the Monaro Owners Drivers and Enthusiasts Assosciation to attend their Annual "DAWN CRUISE".

This cruise will be leaving from Loftus Oval Car Park at 04:45 (Approx) travelling down the prices highway and entering the Royan National Park at Waterfall for a quick squirt through the park to Stanwell Tops.
From this point we are able to watch a magnificent sunrise with a great bunch of friends. (And fingers crossed for a fine and clear morning so we can actually see the sun rise from teh horizon rather than the cloud cover!)

We then adjourn down the cost to a lovely cafe names Sea Salt at Bulli, for a spot of Breakky and coffee.

From there people are free to head on to do their own thing, and some of the die-hards continue up the road to the Headlands pub for a refreshing ale or two and often a bucket of prawns or burger for lunch.

As can be seen in the previous thread, it is a wonderful morning out (even with the sparrow's start!!), and everyone who has come on previous runs has been more than friendly and inviting.

Please indicate your intention to come along here as we will need to book space at the Cafe, to ensure we get our breaksfasts!

Thanks again to Pete (ElPrezidente of MODE) for extending the invite to our members, and i look forward to the photos!

We will take a few photos from WA for you so that we can keep the spirit alive!
Wish we could be there!

Cheers
Tiny.

1. Whiteknight (Keith)

#3 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:16 AM

1.Whiteknight (Keith)
2.rob350hatch monaro (rob)
3.rob350hatch torana (donna and 4 kids)

#4 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

Wont be able to make this one unfortunately , some very nice cars turn up. Already book accomodation in canberra for the nats :(

#5 _Dirty Deeds_

_Dirty Deeds_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:54 PM

Is the 9/1 dawn cruise still happening?

#6 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:06 PM

It will be on deedsy!!

The mode people will go for sure!

All are still Welcome!

#7 _Dirty Deeds_

_Dirty Deeds_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:38 AM

It will be on deedsy!!

The mode people will go for sure!

All are still Welcome!

Cool, Thanks Tiny.
Im going to try and make this in the Mustang.
See you there ( hopefully )

DD

#8 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:22 AM

Is the 9/1 dawn cruise still happening?

weres the 9/1 dawn cruise at tiny cheers billywest

#9 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

Gday John,

I'm sure the MODE guys will love to have you along!
I wish i could be there, Simmo and i are still away in the wild west!

Enjoy the trip and dont forget the photos :)

Billy: Look up top in the thread here mate, It explains all! Daqwn run from loftus to stanwell tops, and then down to bulli for brekky.

Enjoy guys, we'll do our own run on the 9th.... take a photo of the same sun setting over the water! hehe! :)

#10 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:31 PM

Gday John,

I'm sure the MODE guys will love to have you along!
I wish i could be there, Simmo and i are still away in the wild west!

Enjoy the trip and dont forget the photos Posted Image

Billy: Look up top in the thread here mate, It explains all! Daqwn run from loftus to stanwell tops, and then down to bulli for brekky.

Enjoy guys, we'll do our own run on the 9th.... take a photo of the same sun setting over the water! hehe! Posted Image

looking at last years date lolPosted Image i give up lol see youse all there in jo

#11 _WhiteKnight_

_WhiteKnight_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

Imay not make it as i have a night at the drive in the night before, so if i don't make it please enjoy yourselves

cheers Keith

#12 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

Sorry for the late notice but just got the car registered so I will be able to come along. :)

#13 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

Sorry for the late notice but just got the car registered so I will be able to come along. :)

not long now nearly ready for dawn cruise , just gotta make sure i get up lol, see youse all tommorow

#14 _Dirty Deeds_

_Dirty Deeds_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:14 AM

Fricken rain !!

I got up at 3.45am and went back to bed, it was pissing down.
:furious: :angry: :fool: :lol:

#15 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:04 AM

What a spew :(

The weather over east has been abysmal of late!

Hopefully we can organise another one and not have to wait until next year!!

#16 _Dirty Deeds_

_Dirty Deeds_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

Its all good Tiny, maybe next time.

#17 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

oh well guys we had a pretty good run besides seeing no sunrise and raining all the way to austimer beach then stopped when we got to breaky at sea salt at bulli , but there was a guy down called fletch classic bloke told us that many stories and his humour just isn,t for the screen he,s TOTALY the same off the screen with his humour top bloke to meet , I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY THANKYOU TO ALL THE MODE BOYS FOR COMING UP AND SAYING G,DAY AND ALSO SAYING A BIG THANKYOU FROM ME SEE YOUSE GUYS NEXT YEAR FOR SURE REGARDLESS OF RAIN CHEERS THANKS AGAIN FOR THE RUN
cheers for the invite

#18 _Dirty Deeds_

_Dirty Deeds_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:00 AM

oh well guys we had a pretty good run besides seeing no sunrise and raining all the way to austimer beach then stopped when we got to breaky at sea salt at bulli , but there was a guy down called fletch classic bloke told us that many stories and his humour just isn,t for the screen he,s TOTALY the same off the screen with his humour top bloke to meet , I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY THANKYOU TO ALL THE MODE BOYS FOR COMING UP AND SAYING G,DAY AND ALSO SAYING A BIG THANKYOU FROM ME SEE YOUSE GUYS NEXT YEAR FOR SURE REGARDLESS OF RAIN CHEERS THANKS AGAIN FOR THE RUN
cheers for the invite

Its good to hear that some still went along.
I thought about it, but my car doesn't behave very friendly in the wet.

#19 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:41 AM

I left the car park about 4.30 thinking no one would turn up, weather was shit so went back to bed.

#20 _mnrolvr_

_mnrolvr_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

Thanks for the nice comments there Billy, dont forget to check in with our forum from time to time, you might want to drag yourself along to another run if it takes your fancy mate, always welcome :)

I must admit I got there just before take-off around 4:50am and was extremely glad to see cars there. Sorry no one was there to meet up with you Terry and I dont blame anyone for canning the idea at all, it was great weather for ducks.

The "MODE" mob love this run and most of us attend rain or shine, its a 6 year old tradition that started when we had nothing to do in January and thought it was something different to do. I check in here from time to time and will always keep in touch through Tiny and Simmo, hope you're not getting too sunburnt over there....see you both next month....

#21 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

Hey no problem, we all know it was not the best day for a cruise, atlease billy held our end up.
Thanx for the invite and I hope we all get a decent cruise in soon... or maybe wait for winter for better weather lol.

#22 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

Hey no problem, we all know it was not the best day for a cruise, atlease billy held our end up.
Thanx for the invite and I hope we all get a decent cruise in soon... or maybe wait for winter for better weather lol.

cheers it,s ok i flew the flag :surrenderwave: found out the torana fogs up standing still but as soon as you take off about 500 hundred metres down the road , then BOOM and the foggy windscreen is gone cheers all

#23 _mnrolvr_

_mnrolvr_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

Hi folks,

It's on again Sunday 8 January 2012. A new meeting place, Heathcote Rail Stn carpark, same time, around 4:30am. I hope to see Billy again, take care and we at "MODE" wish you all the very best for the upcoming festive season, safe and happy Christmas to all and your families and a safe and prosperous new year.
Last year was torrential, hopefully this time the weather will be better.....
Pete

Edited by mnrolvr, 23 November 2011 - 05:24 PM.

#24 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

Hi Pete!

Thanks for giving the guys the update! :)

I was thinking about this today :)

Cheers!

#25 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:04 AM

Every year Im extremely tempted by this, but always put off by the distance.

Might get around to organising some accomodation down that way for it eventually!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users