Bare metal rust proofing LX undercarriage

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:37 PM

It would've been nice if you mentioned the other name this stuff goes by, especially if it's cheaper.

#27 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:35 PM

I am trying but cannot recall it as yet. I know it comes in a white tin with red and blue on it, but cannot recall it for the life of me....

Cheers

#28 _dave720gtr_

_dave720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:13 PM

:banghead: :banghead: THINK think :huh:

#29 _the gts_

_the gts_
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:30 AM

how does this stuff go in the heat? for example close to exhausts? is it any good for reducing inside car temps and sound deadening?

#30 _kenno_

_kenno_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:52 PM

Do you guys reckon putting POR15 underneath the car will give similarly the same effect as putting it underneath the carpet??

I am putting new carpet in in a couple of days but cant really afford the stuff atm.. I was thinking if it pretty much does the same job, thats its prolly better to put it under the car, that way it can be done at any time and you can actually see it!

#31 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Name:Ray
  • Car:SS Hatch

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

So how important is the undercarriage ?. When buying a Torrie today what extra value would you think it would add ? . Still more work with the fish oil as we think more about the long term benefits to preventing the grim reaper from eating my mate.

Attached Files

#32 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Car:lj xu1

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:30 PM

I don't care about the extra value, as i certainly do not intend to sell, but you would be crazy not to paint underneath the car for protection, match the original finish if that's what you want & strip, epoxy etch prime, light high build & then colour, I'd do inside too, if the trims out & you should get many years trouble free from it.

#33 tuxedoss

tuxedoss

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:ss

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

So how important is the undercarriage ?. When buying a Torrie today what extra value would you think it would add ? . Still more work with the fish oil as we think more about the long term benefits to preventing the grim reaper from eating my mate.

So what did you use?

Edited by tuxedoss, 04 November 2017 - 04:25 PM.

#34 Rainman

Rainman

Pain in the ar$e

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Name:Ray
  • Car:SS Hatch

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:00 PM

Hey Brett, Well don't have the skills to work on my car. I am the guys the gets $50.00 and a scraper and asked to go home when finished lol. Cars at mechanics / one stop shop. Not sure what they used but when I collect it they also supply a full documentation and photos. I can ask if you like ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users