Vic Cruise January - forum or VTC???

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 _EvilGTR_

_EvilGTR_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:27 AM

Okay boys n' girls, as the title suggests am tentatively suggesting a cruise for Sunday 22nd January. This places it clear of any major swapmeets and the All-Holden Day at Sandown which takes place the following w'end. After going on the Rene's VTC Xmas cruise I am dead keen to go out again with a torrie convoy.... what do people think?

Some suggestions for the run:
* Greensborough to Geelong
* Knox to Sorrento via coast road
* Healesville/Emerald to Ferntree Gully (maybe with Puffing Billy photo-opportunity next to the bridge - that would look CrAzY!)

Am wondering if the VTC would also like to make it an offical combined run with the forum, to allow permit plate people to attend as well as an official run - as there are no designated runs for Jan other than the All-Holden Day. I will organise the run in conjunction with whoever in order to make this work :D

Cheers, EvilGTR

#2 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:51 AM

I'd be happy with any of those routes EvilGTR - just hope the weather is good!

#3 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,307 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:20 PM

Lookin good Andrew, the last one sounds fantastic!

Keep in mind (especially for the first two) that fuel prices can have a lot to do with people wanting to come or not... Can't wait to hear some more input

#4 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:31 PM

Id be up for either of the last too! sorrento one or puffing billy! great time of the year to do it, and ill get the day off baseball to go on one too!

#5 _WYLDLC 6_

_WYLDLC 6_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:04 PM

I'd be up up for either of the last 2, but definately think Sorrento would be a great cruise if numbers support it.

Cheers Chris.

#6 _V8racerchic_

_V8racerchic_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:52 PM

The Sorrento cruise sounds awesome!!!! Pity my Tory isn't road registered!! :cry: Can I bring my daily driver along??? :huh: ( VX SS Commodore) Julz..

#7 _micksgtr_

_micksgtr_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:11 PM

hey andrew i'll let you pick me up if you go that greensborough run!!!!
cheers

#8 _EvilGTR_

_EvilGTR_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:19 PM

Of course daily drivers are welcome :D Had to take mine on runs till the torrie was back on the road. Will keep an eye on the response and make a decision as to the destination in a few days. Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming!

#9 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:54 AM

Good stuff EvilGTR, I'm in. Sorrento sounds good, but Healsville run would have some great roads to choose from...

#10 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 06:14 PM

Im keen for sorrento or any cruise... Im not sure if im busy thou! :|But if not i should be there!

#11 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:28 PM

Hey Evil, You organise it and I'll be there

See ya

#12 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:51 AM

Yeah evil, what's the go? Is it on?

#13 _ToranaGuy_

_ToranaGuy_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:45 AM

Sounds like fun, i'll see what my g/f's brother is upto on the day and maybe we can get down to sandown, i have not been to an all holden day since about 2000 or 2001 iirc.

G/f's bro has a Lh Torana, Hx sedan, and a few commys.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

#14 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:53 AM

The VTC generly has the one 'official' run a month. This decision was made from feedback from our members and to maintain good numbers for each run. However that does not mean I opose the run. Geez I sound too serious, the run sounds great I reckon down to Sorrento, would love to go, of course if I have time.

#15 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,307 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:24 PM

On the 7th we have an official Holden Day at Sandown which obviously allows club permits. I'm guessing that means we can't have club permit vehicles on this run. I think all of the forum members here are on full rego, maybe we can organize something more official for another time, but this time will be fine. Andrew, wanna start organizing dates?

EDIT: If you want me to stick it on the club website etc then tell me; it doesn't have to be identical to the newsletter if something comes up after it's printed.

Edited by Heath, 07 January 2006 - 01:25 PM.

#16 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:56 PM

The 7th? It's the 29th for the Sandown All Holden Day. I suppose I could be put on the website but making sure the run is listed as a forum run. However I don't know if a printed page from the website would be good enough for mr plod.

#17 _EvilGTR_

_EvilGTR_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:59 PM

Hey all....

After tallying the numbers I think the coast road option wins hands down. If everyone is keen, I was thinking about meeting at the Knox Club, say at 10am, 10:30 departure. Will post more details soon, and do a pre-run. If anyone else has suggestions, please don't hesitate to forward them on.

Heath that would be great if you could put it on the website. Not sure if that would be enough to sneak it through for the permit people, but it couldn't hurt. It's gunna be a sweet cruise - love Torries & Summer cruising! :D

EvilGTR

#18 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,307 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2006 - 05:15 PM

Sorry Peter, it's the 29th I misread it because it's the 7th one. Forgot it was the 7th today, don't listen to anything I say atm, I'm an idiot. lol

Andrew, that sounds like a pretty good plan, tell me a date and I'll put it on the website because this month looks pretty boring otherwise. Would we have to talk to Dave to make it an official Club Permit run? I honestly don't think it will be very necessary at least this time, but if you want me to make some moves towards it I can see what I can do.

#19 YiriSS

YiriSS

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:16 PM

highly recommend the sorrento cruise

on sat we drove to rosebud to catch up with some friends,then cruised to portsea.

we had a table booked at the portsea pub , the food was pretty good,and there were people everywhere,very packed on a sat night!

we ended up cruising home at 2am, and funnily enough ,not a cop in sight!

the hatch got VIP parking right out the front of the pub :clap:

unfotunately the 22nd i wont be in the state,so i will have to wait for the next cruise

cheers

mick

#20 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:57 AM

Yeh sounds great! Me and a Mate is his Purple SS Went down to St Kilda Beach yesterday and it was fantastic! Our Cars had the attention of everybody around! The Stood Out like Dogs Balls! Even had a ricer give us a thumbs up! FULLY BRO haha

#21 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:34 AM

Has anyone thought of anywhere to pull over and wait for peeps stuck at lights etc.?
As with all cruises, there's never a solid procession of cars, there will be gaps created, and the more we have in a line the better it looks.
So for those who know the route to be taken, can you think of a couple of off-road stop offs to bunch up the field. (Car parks, service roads)
We don't need to stop every 5 mins, but if everyone can ensure they stay mostly together and not all try to lead, then we'll be right.

My 2 bob's worth. :D

#22 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:51 AM

I am interested in doing this as well. Not to fused where we go, but since its been ages i been on a run with other Toranas i am really hanging out to cruise.

Steve

#23 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:12 AM

Would anyone prefer a twilight cruise rather than a day cruise? I say this because of the weather at the moment there is a high possiblity that it is hot and it's uncomfortable in a torry with no aircon plus overheating issues.

#24 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:15 AM

yeah, twilight would be great on a hot day! seeing the days go well into the night atm, but know our beautiful melbourne, they will put on a shit day and it will be cold! haha like the last couple of days here! cold at night, and dark suprisingly early.

Anyway hows planning going for this? Sorrento?

#25 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,307 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:14 PM

Well for now I'll put it on the club website with the time yet to be confirmed, but tell me as soon as you decide because some people are relying on the website (not members of GMH-Torana)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users