Holden 6

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 _sunburst_metalic_

_sunburst_metalic_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:44 PM

Hi All, I am building a 202 replacment motor for my LJ Torana, I have a Blue motor crank and rods, the crank is Knife Edge and the Rods are Shot Peened and balanced, Lighten ACL Race series 40" over pistons (Small Dish) 9 Port CC'd Small Chamber Head Flow to 250Hp, YT Rollers, Hot Cam power to 6900, Whole engine is blueprited and balanced at Engine shop. Tripples, H&M Headers Exhaust Wrapped, PB Balancer, YT Lightend Flywheel, RPM Heavy Duty Clutch, Regraphed Electronic Commy Dizzy, HE Sump. Should Rock and Roll I estimate 200 BHP in 1047Kg Car won't break the sound barrier but I would hope for Mid 14Sec qtr mile on 3.36 Diff 205 Yoko's in as new condition for the moment. Can't wait to put it in the car, BTW I have rebuilt all the brakes and the steering is sound, Suspension and bushings to be done in the near future. What do you think. Sunburst.
PS No V8 for this Baby, maybe another project one day.

#2 _StrayLH_

_StrayLH_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:37 PM

i think you wasted your money.

you could have bought a late model Lancer, dropped it on a set of 22's, and had a fully sick set of wheels for the same price as that. And the Chicks would cream theirselves as you drove past pumpin out the subs my friend...

only kidding... sounds good buddy ;)

and 200 is admirable for a six.

Good luck and have fun :D

#3 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:52 PM

stop it mate your makeing me drool and get excited

knife edged crank christ this is serious mate that thing will be one good rever

#4 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,307 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:00 PM

Fabo, who says I'm not gonna do the same thing ;)

You're making me drool mate. You're really making me drool!

#5 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:05 PM

Wow..I read a great list of specs there...and at the end you came up with a figure that I beleive is real...I'll bet it it cost you a packet..good luck with it :rockon:

#6 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:38 PM

You will love it.

I still miss my old heavily worked 202 which had triple webbers,solid cam that used to buzz to 7000rpm.I'm still not sure what sounded better an eigth or a triple webbered six.

#7 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:14 AM

That sounds good as. Should be a real rocket. :spoton: :rockon:

Steve

#8 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:09 PM

sunburst metalic, i see you are running tripples, what sort?,the old 208 we had before it cracked the block it ran 13.8 off the trailer we are now running in our first ever brand new engine as we have always had re ringers . what sort of compression are you running?is it a solid cam?sounds like you have the makings for a good engine with realistic power figure. :clap:

#9 _Aquarius - LC_

_Aquarius - LC_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:37 PM

G'day sunburst,
I love it when people have realistic expectations!! :clap: The engine combo u describe is very similar to my 202. Last run on the dyno mine made 158.2rwhp,so allowing ~20-25% power loss through the driveline, thats around the 200+ a bit at the fly. I've only ever hand timed mine over 400m(private rd),however mid- low 14's seem easy(3.08 diff & easy on driveline)

Your comb sounds tougher than mine though(extra crank work,larger cam) So i reckon you should easily go over 200bhp(i assume you meant at the flywheel)and maybe into the 13's over the 1/4. I wish u good luck anyway!!

As a matter of intrest, Street Machines 'grunt hunt' engine made similar power,and when fitted in a full drag LJ(1250kg ) it ran a 14.2 1/4mile. :spoton:

Grunt Hunt

Edited by Aquarius - LC, 08 January 2007 - 02:43 PM.

#10 _whipple-202_

_whipple-202_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:41 PM

Sounds like it will be right on the money 200fwhp :spoton:
45m side draft webers will pick up alot more hp then SUs or cds,

jeff...

#11 _sunburst_metalic_

_sunburst_metalic_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:31 AM

Hi All, Tipples are 1.75 CDs Sock filters, Solid Billet Cam with Dialled Straight Cut Gears(really wanted a Roller but the Funds V The Power didn't fit the Budget), Diff is 3.36 all XU1 running gear, Motor had 185BHP (rear wheels) when Dyno'd in a Commodore with a 2 Barrel 350 Holley(Motor has 80Klm on it plus Dyno Time). Hope the Tripples and H&Ms will free it up breath wise. Will Dyno when transplant is complete. the Crank is a work of Art will post some pic's before I put the new sump on (never thought I would be impressed looking a a dressed up 6). Cost is equvilant to the price of a good XU-1 in 1980 lol. Got to have the toys lots of bits purchased through Evil Bay at half retail price (Clutch, Finned Sand Cast Alloy 70's rocker cover Hand Polished it with the Scotch Brite Looks Ausome, Finned Alloy Side Plates and Oil Cover, LJ Sump for the Exchange HE Unit) bit from hear bit from there Max, you know how it is 12 Months of collecting. Sunburst

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users