#26 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:48 PM

Thanks Kaz...

But the whole idea was to all come together and raise funds to show our grattitude to you for making Torana owning smoother. Without this site it takes forever to find out basic info.

The true spirit of the forum rises...

I think it's about time the spirit was renewed!
As Torry owners, we should all be helping eachother.......

Group Hug!

#27 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:05 AM

Thankfully we do help each other out dick! That's why the forum lives on despite some of the dramas that occur.

it would be good to get together and have a good afternoon yacking in the name of a good cause though!

bring on the cruise! ( yep.. I'm keen! the monaro Runs!!!)

#28 _Simmo_

_Simmo_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:19 AM

I think the Sydney Siders should do something simialr to what the monaro club did last weekend....but maybe not so early

Meet somewhere at say 6:30am toward woolloongong....cruise towards Rubys cafe for breakfast...after breaky go for a swim or walk along the beach

Head off to Headlands Pub around 11am to sit and chat and have some lunch then head off home mid arvo

We did this last weekend but met at 5am and went towards Bulli for the sunrise
It was great and we had a pretty big turnout

#29 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:30 AM

Simmo is right... This is a cruise we did with the NSW Monaro Club and it was MOST excellent!!

We watched the sun rise over ottford ( bald hill - stanwell tops), and then cruised to bulli for brekky...

Was unbelievable.

Sydney people... Let's do it! Honestly it's worth getting up early for!!!

#30 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:14 AM

Im with Tiny & Simo, come on Sydney lets get some cruises going again!!!! Would be keen on a South Coast run again (should have a new engine by then hehe) but we really got to get the numbers up!!!!!! And maybe a later start time LOL.
Spewing i missed the Monaro Club going past my part of the world but i was in QLD last weekend...D'oh!

#31 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:16 PM

i would be keen for a cruise but the problem is, to be at a cruise starting in sydney at 4 in the morning i would need to leave home at like 230-300 and that would kill, me, especially driving, and by myself (although a new DVD head unit could get a workout......) i always wanted to go to the drive in theatre, there is one in newy (maitland) and one at blacktown.... and just an idea, with all the new magazines dedicated to holdens, lets contact some and see if we can get coverage of it, i mean its a fairly unusual event (multiple events in seperate states) and im sure they would be keen to cover donationms to brock foundation. Also the idea of magazine coverage might just bring more people out.

#32 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:00 PM

When it's a bit closer to the date and I know if I don't have anything else on, I'd be up for helping out with the Vic leg! Bit of a cruise, maybe one or two stop-off's for some happy snaps, then a bbq lunch? Final destination perhaps a nice park with lots of carparks and bbq's... if anyone wants to suggest some ideas, let em rip.

#33 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:55 AM

i would be keen for a cruise but the problem is, to be at a cruise starting in sydney at 4 in the morning i would need to leave home at like 230-300 and that would kill, me, especially driving, and by myself (although a new DVD head unit could get a workout......) i always wanted to go to the drive in theatre, there is one in newy (maitland) and one at blacktown.... and just an idea, with all the new magazines dedicated to holdens, lets contact some and see if we can get coverage of it, i mean its a fairly unusual event (multiple events in seperate states) and im sure they would be keen to cover donationms to brock foundation. Also the idea of magazine coverage might just bring more people out.

Yeah i agree we cant have a Syd cruise too early in the morning (especially on a sunday haha - drinking = hangover) cause that dont suit the central coast guys & gals too well, but i am just keen to cruise, i also like the idea of the drive-in movies (although the 18th march is a Sunday and not sure about anyone else but wouldnt be keen on a long drive after a movie on a sunday nite).

Would be keen for another siuth coast cruise - this time without the mass of bike riders destroying our plans and the weather also playing a part.

I didnt know NSW people were so shy when it came to trying to organise a massive Torana cruise!!!!! :rockon:

#34 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:04 AM

id be keen on a cruise ending at blacktown drive in but not sure if i can do the 18th march.

#35 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:06 AM

I am soooo glad I am organising ours. That 5am start would kill me. I would be nice to watch the sun rise, but I have seen enuf sunrises thru beer goggles to satisfy me. :rockon:

I will start sendin emails to car magazines and TV stations. Any suggestions of who I should sent info to.

Ta for getting this off the ground again. :clap:

#36 Gump

Gump

Paisty White

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Name:Russell
  • Car:LX SL hatch

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:37 AM

is a W.A one happening? or is anyone organising it?

#37 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:47 AM

The sunrise idea worked really well for the monaro club, It was a GREAT morning and then heading down to bulli beach for brekky and stuff worked out fantastic... But hey, if it doesnt suit us then no dramas!

We've done the drive ins once before and it was also fantastic, Heaps of people came out and up and down for it, (Pat came from canberra!) So i'm more than happy to do that again, especially as a finish point!

I think that we should organise a nice cruise for the day time, and then end up back at the drive ins for the evening, doesnt have to be the sunday either.
Can we have some suggestions on where we could do a nice cruise for th day time? I dont know alot of cruise places around greater sydney like that, But i'm thinking how about waragamba dam? i havent been there since i was a kid, but do they have a nice road in/out and then a parking lot and benches like some other dams ive been to ?? THen we're close enough after having some lunch there, to cruise across to blacktown for the drive ins as per last time? Saturday the 17th instead of the sunday? Better day???

#38 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,470 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 02 February 2007 - 10:14 AM

No-ones put their hand up yet to organise

I don't know if Combined Torana Club are doing anything

#39 Gump

Gump

Paisty White

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Name:Russell
  • Car:LX SL hatch

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:21 AM

yeah doing a quick look at my roster i finish night shift sunday mourning (might beable to knock off early or get sick). since the monaro's going good after the tune up i think ill bring that and some garbage bags for the trimatic

#40 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:25 AM

Well.. the 17th and 18th will be a no-go for me.... We;ve just organised our engagement party for that date!! And No.... Cant cruise here :tease:

Cheers!

#41 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:16 PM

Why not Tiny LOL...just kidding - wouldnt do that to ya!

BUT i do like the idea of a saturday Warragamba Dam cruise (although might not be much water to look at hehehe) then onto the Drive-In movies. Late march would suit me better too (see Steering/Suspension Dramas haha)

cheers,
Mick

Edited by LOWS2, 02 February 2007 - 12:17 PM.

#42 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:17 PM

I'm with ya mick! another weekend would suit us better, Simmo's next saturday off work would be the 31st march ( after the 17th).

Would love a cruise to the damn dam, we'll bring our own water! HAHAH!

Cheers

#43 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:23 PM

FYI

Sunday 18th March is also the Melbourne Formula1 Grand Prix. May have some effect on numbers... I'm sure some people will be staying home watching the race on tv, if not going to the GP (Melbourne folk anyway).

#44 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:33 PM

yeah good spot brett, that means the motor show etc will probably be on that weekend as well.

Maybe we organise it for the week after the grand prix, as we will still have the petrol pumping through our viens!

#45 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:47 PM

but only one person has mentioned my idea about media coverage... i thought it was descent..... obviously not every one thinks so.... But any weekend would be good, as i start uni on the 20th of this month and my weekdays go out the window once more...

#46 _BCR42Y_

_BCR42Y_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:16 PM

What ever day you all choose and what ever destination, we will do our best to be there.

Haven't touched the Torrie for a couple of weeks, and i am really missing driving it.

All i ask however is that, we try not to find outselves stuck in traffic between say 12pm - 2:30pm, this really being the part of the day where it is usually hot and no matter what i have done so far, the Torana wont stay cool :cry:

I am keen on an early day light style cruise, as Tiny has mentioned, i can at least write that one off with the wife as being "Romantic", you know watching the sun come up :spoton:

Regards Halil.

ps. Keep me posted!

#47 _LH SL/R 5000_

_LH SL/R 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:48 PM

No-ones put their hand up yet to organise

I don't know if Combined Torana Club are doing anything

I don't know either, next meeting is next week, may find out something then. When do we want something to happen in the West? I'll be away working until the end of March so I may have to miss out.

Edited by LH SL/R 5000, 02 February 2007 - 09:49 PM.

#48 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:54 AM

but only one person has mentioned my idea about media coverage... i thought it was descent..... obviously not every one thinks so.... But any weekend would be good, as i start uni on the 20th of this month and my weekdays go out the window once more...

I supose the media coverage is a good idea but if all states aren't running the cruise on the same day or even having a cruise then we look like tools for saying we gonna have this that & the other and then we dont produce in the given timeframe.
Also not trying to shoot you down but, if the Street Commodore guys cant even get a TV or newspaper spot for their Cruise For Charity with 100 odd cars (maybe more) what hope have [I]maybe 12 Torana's cruising (if we are lucky) in Sydney got???

#49 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 12:54 PM

I didnt mean TV coverage, simple a magazine such as "just holdens" or "GXM" or even extreme street, i mean they cover various events and the first two are only new, smaller magazines which would be willing to feature or atleast give recognition to smaller events (eg, they both featured toranafest, something i havent sen featured in any mag before)
And the reason the SC cruise doesnt get coverage in other mags is that it is a magazines own event!! thy wouldnt want it wdiely publisiced (unless it boosts mag sales) and who wants to see a bunch of shopping trolleys on the telly. ..... but toranas on the other hand.....
Coverage of or atleast some sort of promotion, could bring more people out for an event, i know of numerous toranas on the coast that dont know about these forums, but i would be willing to leave notes on windows or knock on doors to get people to turn up, but there needs to be incentives, eg magazine features. its ind of a catch 22, you need numbers to get coverage, but you need coverage to get numbers...

#50 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:56 PM

yeah i hear what ur saying, i didnt really mean TV either but moving on - id reckon promotion is the go rather than coverage - that way if turnout is crap we dont look too silly. i suppose the worst they say is 'no'

Is everyone keen for the 31st March????? Warragamba Dam & Drive In???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users