[Torviki] Engine Mount Pictures

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#26 _the gts_

_the gts_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:28 PM

which engine mounts are the thinest ones? between LX, HQ, 6 & 8??

I have a chev sitting on LH 6cylinder mounts but want to lower the motor as much as i can. other option is to modify the adaptor brackets

thankyou

PHIL

#27 _the gts_

_the gts_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:31 PM

oh yea and does someone make urethane ones? if so have there been any bad experiences with them?

#28 arrimar

arrimar

"Have you still got that Torana!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • Car:Salamanca L34, Absinth LH SLR/5000, Caribean Blue LH 5.0, C250 Merc,

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:29 PM

M@ and i had a look at the gap between sump and steering rack using original torana brackets and came up with 22 mm.
Posted Image

the other car uses the HQ type bracket and the gap is only 13mm.
Posted Image

the top pic is torana with old original mounts 22 mm
the bottom pic is torana with new HQ mounts 13mm.

#29 _the gts_

_the gts_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:44 AM

thanks for those pics.

do you have a part number for the HQ engine mounts?

#30 arrimar

arrimar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:01 AM

i dont sorry,they are in the first picture on page one.

#31 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:18 AM

Don't let me hold you back, I'm sure both ways will give the answer we want - just goes to show there is more than 1 way to skin a cat.

Some food for thought though, where are you going to measure to and from on your test front end?

The torana front subframe is a bugger of a thing with almost no straight edges to measure from.

I am going to have to go and have a look at how the mounts bolt onto a holden V8 now - I am about 90% sure they are vertical when viewed side on.
(by side on- I mean if you were looking from next to the front wheel looking at the side of the engine. And when I say vertical I mean the top of the engine mount does not tilt toward the front or back of the car)

Standing at the front wheel..facing the left hand bank of cylinders...Yes M@ you are right..Mine are vertical..i.e. do not lean at the top of the mount to either the front or rear of the car.
R

#32 _the gts_

_the gts_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:06 PM

so where is the rubber in the pics? or is that a bracket that goes between the block and rubber?

#33 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:22 PM

so where is the rubber in the pics? or is that a bracket that goes between the block and rubber?

Correct.
R

#34 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:30 PM

The rubber is all the same with all mounts, aren't they?

#35 arrimar

arrimar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:07 PM

the rubber mount is mackay pt no a1157 torana front engine mount
factory pt no 9930472
the site i looked at listed same part no for HQ thru to VT

#36 _the gts_

_the gts_
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:39 AM

ok thanks a lot fellas. Those brackets wont help much with a chev so i guess i gotta make custom ones.
same old story CHEV = Custom made everything

#37 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:31 PM

hq mounts move the motor back....difference is about 5 ml from torana mounts..

So is this what has been found out , 5mm higher and around 5 to 6mm further forward with the torana mounts?

#38 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:30 PM

So is this what has been found out , 5mm higher and around 5 to 6mm further forward with the torana mounts?

Anyone for the above question?? Also who on here is selling the mounts? I remember seeing someone was making repo's

Edited by SS Hatchback, 23 April 2007 - 11:31 PM.

#39 _Toranamuk_

_Toranamuk_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:55 AM

I will complete this soon, things have been way too hectic to spare any time on it.

Next few weeks still chaos, but i have several Holden V8's lined up for assembly, so i will do all measurements required on one of these engines.

Craig.

#40 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:24 PM

Any progress yet on this? Like stated before i think it lifts the engine (not sure how much) but also does it move forward or backward? My guess would be no otherwise the transmission mounts would have to move as well and it seems to still line up with the Hq mounts

#41 _Toranamuk_

_Toranamuk_
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:02 AM

Yes there has been some progress, but other cars & racing have taken a priority.

I WILL post up some pics & measurements very soon.

I've had a very very busy month & July is almost as busy already.

I have customers breaking my balls for jobs to be completed, so whilst i am building one of the 308's i willl finish the measurements & take pictures.

Craig.

#42 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:57 PM

no worries and thanks

#43 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:23 PM

bump :rolleyes:

#44 _Toranamuk_

_Toranamuk_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:16 AM

I'd better do it soon for you, have done a few 308's in the last few months, always thought I must do pics & measurements, just haven't done it yet.

Feb is out due to a full racing month, so I'll do it in March for you.

Craig.

#45 _lx-304_

_lx-304_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:51 PM

Does it actually move it further forward with hq mounts or not?

when i changed from hq to lx,for some reason it moved centre of t700 10mm off centre,givig me more room for shifter and cables.if you put 2lx mounts back to back ie no block in the middle,they are symetrical.if you put 2 hq mounts back to back, you notice p-side mount is forward.this means when you put it on the front end and the mounts on sub frame are same distance from firewall,the rear of gearbox is moved across.has anyone else noticed this or am i going crazy

#46 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:31 AM

Sounds like one of the mounts is damaged.

#47 _lx-304_

_lx-304_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:27 PM

i had a look at mounts,both sets seem to be fine,no stress marks.i have lx ones in at the moment and front bottom mounting bolts(left and right) in the block are in line and run paralell withfront of steering rack . when i put hq brackets and ruuber mount on a bare front end there is almost 25mm offset between the front bottom bolt wholes.d-side is front of rack and p-side is in line with middle of steering rack and also tipped the back of motor down motor.the only thing i can think is that i may have the wrong rubber mount.the mount on the hq brackets are the ones of the vq statesman with the motor when i got it,the ones in the hatch were bought as torana ones,but appear to be the same the statesman ones.can you tell me if this is correct or are they different.

#48 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:23 PM

I only said that because of the following photo I took when I removed the engine from my third UC.

Posted Image

Something just didn't look right.

#49 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:58 PM

Has anyone had a chance to compare lx and hq engine mounts yet? Basically from what is on here it does lift the engine but i havent heard anything definate about whether it moves forward or backward with the hq mounts .

#50 _LXEFI-8_

_LXEFI-8_
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:35 PM

can anyone tell me what engine mounts to use when putting in a vn 5 litre manual into lx torana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users