[Torviki] Engine Mount Pictures

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:55 PM

Well i have a set of repo mounts coming hopefully next week so i will let you know how i go aswell. Hopefully like was mentioned it moves it slightly forward so my dizzy doesnt get closer to the firewall, and it should slightly change my front pinion angle as it will lift the motor and get closer to sorting out my pinion angle issue too.

#77 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:31 PM

Well i have a set of repo mounts coming hopefully next week so i will let you know how i go aswell. Hopefully like was mentioned it moves it slightly forward so my dizzy doesnt get closer to the firewall, and it should slightly change my front pinion angle as it will lift the motor and get closer to sorting out my pinion angle issue too.

Installed the mounts today and i can tell you all that the engine came up around 10 - 12 mm which could have a bit to do with new rubber mounts as well and the engine didnt seem to move back or forward at all.

Now my left rocker cover is rubbing on the heater fan shroud , nothing is ever easy . not to hard to fix though

#78 _1ARC_

_1ARC_
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:45 PM

I also have a set of Torana brackets from Miltons. My issue is that I can not fit the engine and can onlt get one bolt in as the other side can not come down any further.

What is required is the measurements from an original bracket.

If one was to weld a 5mm plate to the HQ brackets will this have the same results as using a Torana bracket.

#79 rexy

rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

In the middle of a few things so took some comparison measurements of the HQ and repro torana mounts.
The torana mounts increase height by two mechanisms. They are 5mm thicker (50mm vs 45 mm) but also have the bolt holes for the rubber component slightly differently positioned. The difference in bolt hole position is approx 8mm.
I found no difference in front to rear position between the two so it seems unlikely they will shift the engine forward or back.
The repros are of course the shiny ones.

Attached Files

#80 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

LHV82enginemounts.jpg

#81 TerrA LX

TerrA LX