lxsstorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:SS Hatchback

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:08 PM

Just a reminder to our forum members to remember Valentines Day on Wednesday 14th February 2007.

Perhaps buy a card and small present to keep the wife, girlfriend, better half, minister of finance, ball & chain, she who must be obeyed or whatever affectionate name you may have given her, happy.

A small investment should pay dividends and keep you in the good books. So next time you want to go out with the boys, buy a car part or take the torrie for a run, she could hardly say no.

Remember, if she's not happy you won't be happy.

Cheers Mick.

#2 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:35 PM

OMG,
My wife and I were married on Valentines, I think she did this to reduce the chance of me forgetting the anniversary.
So thanks for the reminder lxsstorana, I was 24 hours from a world of hurt, until I saw this thread. :spoton:

Regards
Duck05

#3 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:16 PM

Words of wisdom Mick!

Ive already bought simmo her "Present" Luckily she's not big into flowers, but she loves chocolate :P

Cheers :spoton:

#4 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:28 PM

pffft Valentines day is for old people :tease:

#5 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:32 PM

I'm sure you can find a girly friend by then Liam, get to work!

#6 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:41 PM

Is this just like forgetting Christmas or Easter? How can you possibly not be forced into knowing its valentines day?

Really want to impress the missus and get a year long "leave pass" ? The occassional box of choccies, bottle of nice red, day down the beach or dinner at her favourite restuartant done sponteneously will do the trick. Sure, valentines day is nice but it is expected and thats the bit that shits me. It just doesnt seem genuine when every other man and his dog is doing the same. Not that Hallmark and Interflora mind though.

And you cant forget the other girls in our lives. Y'know, the ones who dont mind the late night drinking sessions, rocking up pissed as mule at 4am in the morning and dont expect you to put out the rubbish. Do the real love of your life a favour on St V's day and treat her to a gallon or three of premium unleaded, a nice Meguires make over or perhaps an engine bay tidy up. After all, these are our girls who provide as much fun as one can have with his pants on and never nag. St Valentines Day begone, I'm celebrating St Valvolines Day !!

But of course the missus will get a card and some flowers on the 14th otherwise I'll never hear the end of it. $10 bucks is worth the peace.

The less I smoke, the more cynical I get. Gotta love quitting the cigs.

Big T

#7 shanegtr

shanegtr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Name:Shane
  • Car:LJ 2 door
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:17 PM

vala what day? I cant be bothered with it. I think I've only brought one valantines day present in my life, and now Im married to here so look where it got me :D

#8 Gump

Gump

Paisty White

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Name:Russell
  • Car:LX SL hatch

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:25 PM

i got a set of lj clear lense indicator kit hidden in a cupboard to keep me in the good books

#9 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,470 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:54 PM

http://www.meish.org/vd/

#10 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:09 PM

Velentines day is shit.did u ever notice that even tho its meant to be atwo way thing, the women never buy the men a tank of fuel or 5 litres of oil, or a case of piss. but we are expected to get them everything.... but not this year... i think i broke up with my ex at just the right time.

#11 dattoman

dattoman

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,470 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:22 PM

Single here too...... not expecting anything and not giving anything either

#12 arrimar

arrimar

"Have you still got that Torana!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts
  • Car:Salamanca L34, Absinth LH SLR/5000, Caribean Blue LH 5.0, C250 Merc,

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:26 PM

could always get her a nice car care pack and a vibrator.if she doesnt like the car care stuff she can go........

#13 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,075 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:28 PM

^ BAHAHAHA. Good shit.

RIM

#14 _postal_dood_

_postal_dood_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:32 PM

yep, valantines day is just another one of those days women make a big deal out of to recieve presents.

Being single means i can say these things... It also means i can put the money that i would have spent on the chocolates, flowers or whatever straight back into the one thing i truly value... The torana :D

#15 _Monkey_

_Monkey_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:33 PM

Kicked her arse to the kerb 2 weeks ago.

Single.

Top Of The Town FTMFW. :rockon: :party: :D

Edited by tuf73, 13 February 2007 - 09:34 PM.

#16 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:37 PM

You guys are killing me, please, go on!

#17 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:42 PM

Traditionally ladies are allowed to ask gentlemen to marry them on St Valentines day........................................................

Posted Image

#18 dattoman

dattoman

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,470 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:49 PM

Thats a scary thought in itself

#19 LX2DR

LX2DR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:51 PM

I'm off the hook this year, just booked us a trip to Thailand.

At least i'll get something out of that, sitting on Patong beach, Singa beer in hand :spit: and no greif. :rockon:

#20 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:53 AM

As early as the fourth century B.C., the Romans engaged in an annual young man's rite to passage to the God Lupercus. The names of the teenage women were placed in a box and drawn at random by adolescent men; thus, a man was assigned a woman companion for the duration of the year, after which another lottery was staged. After eight hundred years of this cruel practice, the early church fathers sought to end this practice... They found an answer in Valentine, a bishop who had been martyred some two hundred years earlier.

According to church tradition St. Valentine was a priest near Rome in about the year 270 A.D. At that time the Roman Emperor Claudius-II who had issued an edict forbidding marriage.
This was around when the heyday of Roman empire had almost come to an end. Lack of quality administrators led to frequent civil strife. Learning declined, taxation increased, and trade slumped to a low, precarious level. And the Gauls, Slavs, Huns, Turks and Mongolians from Northern Europe and Asian increased their pressure on the empire's boundaries. The empire was grown too large to be shielded from external aggression and internal chaos with existing forces. Thus more of capable men were required to be recruited as soldiers and officers. When Claudius became the emperor, he felt that married men were more emotionally attached to their families, and thus, will not make good soldiers. So to assure quality soldiers, he banned marriage.
Valentine, a bishop , seeing the trauma of young lovers, met them in a secret place, and joined them in the sacrament of matrimony. Claudius learned of this "friend of lovers," and had him arrested. The emperor, impressed with the young priest's dignity and conviction, attempted to convert him to the roman gods, to save him from certain execution. Valentine refused to recognize Roman Gods and even attempted to convert the emperor, knowing the consequences fully.
On February 24, 270, Valentine was executed.

"From your Valentine"
While Valentine was in prison awaiting his fate, he came in contact with his jailor, Asterius. The jailor had a blind daughter. Asterius requested him to heal his daughter. Through his faith he miraculously restored the sight of Asterius' daughter. Just before his execution, he asked for a pen and paper from his jailor, and signed a farewell message to her "From Your Valentine," a phrase that lived ever after.

Valentine thus become a Patron Saint, and spiritual overseer of an annual festival. The festival involved young Romans offering women they admired, and wished to court, handwritten greetings of affection on February 14. The greeting cards acquired St.Valentine's name.

The Valentine's Day card spread with Christianity, and is now celebrated all over the world. One of the earliest card was sent in 1415 by Charles, duke of Orleans, to his wife while he was a prisoner in the Tower of London. The card is now preserved in the British Museum.

#21 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:56 AM

After all that ^^^^^ i agree today it has become a hallmark day.

#22 _torriegirl_

_torriegirl_
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:58 AM

nice to know WHY we have valentines day..................

Well i got the traditional............. :rolleyes:

#23 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:42 PM

*makes note*

#24 lxsstorana

lxsstorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:SS Hatchback

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:13 PM

Well I'm impressed Kaz, beauty and brains.

Speaking of hallmark moments, this is what I got from my wife today,

Posted Image

Can't show you the inside of the car as there are people under 18 on this site and I don't want to incur a warning from the Admin,

Cheers Mick.

#25 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:29 PM

I'm suprised by the number of single people posting in here... one of the reasons i wasn't gonna post. For me if i am feeling flat I like to look at anti-Valentine day websites. All i can say is there are some really bitter people out there. :blink:

I might go for a nice long drive in the Torana tonite. :spoton: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users