LX2DR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:03 PM

Can anyone help with a wiring diagram, for the WB statesman column cruise control switch.
Or have a switch that you can check the code for me.
I have dismantled the switch to paint it and have lost the piece of paper that i wrote down the code on.
The switch has 3 terminals, 1,2&3.
Wire colors are purple,green & blue.

I am intending to put the system in my Hatch.

Edited by SPJ, 15 January 2006 - 04:05 PM.

#2 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:22 PM

Got this at home....

is the same for the commdores. From memory they go gren purple blue, but will have to check. These are a two stage switch so unless you are using the factory cruise you may run into a few intermittent faults.

Cheers

#3 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:02 PM

Gregory's manual says yellow wire from fusebox to brake switch, don't know what colour from brake switch to cruise switch, blue to cruise control transducer, and green to a resistor and then to transducer.

Hope that helps.

Realistically, I wouldn't use the WB cruise control - it's a really primitive system that is prone to failure. I'd recommend an Auto Command AP series cruise control instead - very good units at less than $200.

#4 _gm3300_

_gm3300_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 02:08 PM

i fitted the AP60 kit to my daily driver (nissan camira..sorry, holden pulsar :D ), very comprehensive kit, excellent instructions, it even has a diagnostic mode to check its connected correctly, it was $169 from Supercheap before Xmas. It copes well with hills to a point, the Family II engine isn't really a fireball (especially an auto with air), but it's great on freeways, you have 3 settings for sensitivity, a good unit. Here's some pics of the set switch and the hook up to the throttle, if you have any questions just ask. (you can stop laughing about my car now :D )
grant
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 LX2DR

LX2DR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:15 PM

Hey, not my form to laugh at other peoples daily drive, why wear out your pride and joy Torrie just to go too work!!!!!!!!!!! :tease:.

Any way the reason i was heading for the WB setup, is the car has an after market setup in it, as i bought it.

This setup makes the car hunt, it over and under accelerates, gives me the absolute s#@ts, i have played with the settings and doesn't help.

I have the WB setup and it didn't cost me anything, no halm in trying it.

Just my stupidity for loosing the wire code for the control switch, i'll keep looking.

Thanks for your ideas, if it doesnt work i'll go that way.

#6 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:23 PM

Just my stupidity for loosing the wire code for the control switch, i'll keep looking.

Thanks for your ideas, if it doesnt work i'll go that way.

Umm, the wiring colours I gave you were for the VK Calais, which uses the same system as the WB Statesman, so you should be able to work it out with that info. :spoton:

You do know that the WB system has no accel, decel, or resume functions, don't you? You just press the button when you've reached the desired speed, and if you want to accelerate you need to speed up to the right speed and press the button again. If you want to decelerate, you have to hit the brake to cancel teh set speed, slow down to the desired speed, then press the button again.

The later systems, including the AP50, 60 etc have all the accel, decel, resume functions, in 1.6 kph increments - much more user friendly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users