#1 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Car:1971 Lc Torana S 2 Door

Posted 15 January 2006 - 07:28 PM

I have Commodore blue motor electronic distributor which i want to fit to my 186 in an Lc. I have new rotor button, distributor cap and will be buying the ignition module shortly. What wiring do i need to do to get this set up working using the stock wiring loom where possible? can i still use my bosch gt40r coil with the electronic distributor?

#2 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 15 January 2006 - 08:10 PM

Can't use that coil, can use GT40 (R stands for to be used with resistor) and you will need a 12v constant supply from before your resisted wire in the loom. Quickest way maybe straight from back of ignition switch to coil + that way you can leave original wiring there if thats what you want.
RACV MAN

#3 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:26 PM

have put a post in tech articles on how to do the above.

#4 _ChiaLX_

_ChiaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:09 PM

Not sure if this applies to all ignition modules but I had to remove the module from the electronic dizzy when i fitted the msd because the car was running about 30 deg out of timing by the sound of it. Rang my mechanic and he said to remeve the module from the dizzy because the msd basically doesnt need this.
so you have to take the module off ,disconnect the pink and green wires and hook up the two black wires to the + and - of the msd( or whatever ignition module you have).
hope that made sense. :huh:
that was for a msd 6al with a commodore small cap electronic distributor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users