BOND 24C AUTHENTICATED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#1 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:18 PM

hi guys , well after all the contaversy and doubters about my car ,i finally took the drive to melbourne to see Ian Tate to settle this once and for all time . i was not the least bit concerned about the outcome of the visit, but to my extreme pleasure, Ian confirmed that i am one lucky SOB, as its the real deal 24C Bond car, which Ian wants back for what i paid for it :tease: lol.will be putting car back to full race livery ect as i have been advised to do by those in the know.cheers all daz c :D

My Webpage
My Webpage
My Webpage
My Webpage

Edited by LGN347/24C, 18 May 2007 - 08:28 PM.

#2 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:31 PM

Good news. I didn't think ian owned the old workshop in Auburn anymore?

#3 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Congrats :spoton:

#4 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

holyshit dude. wow.

#5 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:40 PM

Good news. I didn't think ian owned the old workshop in Auburn anymore?

hi REDA9X ,your right Ian doesnt , but i stopped there for a look on my way to Ians just for a pic cheers daz :D

#6 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:41 PM

hi guys , well after all the contaversy and doubters about  my car ,i finally took the drive to melbourne to see Ian Tate to settle this once and for all time . i was not the least bit concerned about the outcome of the visit, but to my extreme pleasure, Ian confirmed that i am one lucky SOB, as its the real deal 24C Bond car, which Ian wants back for what i paid for it  :tease: lol.will be putting car back to full race livery ect as i have been advised to do by those in the know.cheers all daz c :D

AND I would be pissed off if you didnt!..Another one looking as it should!! :clap: :clap: ..Talk to Andrew at Milton Spares as he has done this and will point you in the right direction on some things to avoid! (Try and wipe that grin off your face willya?.. :spoton: :spoton:
R

Edited by enderwigginau, 19 May 2007 - 08:54 PM.

#7 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:50 PM

i will add that there was some serious ho humming a great deal off luck with some odd happenings b4 ending up with this car ,and i had no idea what i had bought ,other than a very tidy at worst a gtr with lots of xu1 goodies .I can remember having a bad case of "buyers remorse" after i got it home, many told me not to touch it ,as very few people had ever seen a "prime" plate b4.I am aware of how lucky i am and my resposibility in looking after ,quote"a very rare piece/part of australian motor racing history"by Ian Tate. Special thanks go to Ian for his valuable time and knowledge . cheers all daz c

#8 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:52 PM

Daz...I think I speak for everyone here...

Mongrel!!

Lol! Just kidding!
R

#9 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:00 PM

rory, i think the smile on my dial will last for a while, its my little white" happy pill" onya :spoton: :D :D :D

#10 _pipjones_

_pipjones_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:01 PM

Well done mate.. That is the score of the century..Looking forward to seeing it finished one day.. Cheers..Phil :spoton:

#11 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,470 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:06 PM

Oh I see
So while Ian was fluffing around with your car he wasn't building our engine

Good new mate
Glad it confirmed what you hoped
Will look great when its back to how it should look

#12 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:21 PM

rory, i think the smile on my dial will last for a while, its my little white" happy pill" onya :spoton: :D :D :D

Considering what the sister car sold for..I am sure you are sleeping with a large smile.
R

#13 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:22 PM

Oh I see
So while Ian was fluffing around with your car he wasn't building our engine

It is always.... me/welby..me/welby.... with you! :furious: ...You are so.....you know what! :gun: :gun:
R

#14 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:28 PM

Do you know much about the car ? Like what has it been doing since Bondy finished with it ?

#15 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:21 PM

Congratulations! :spoton:
Excuse my ignorance but is that Auburn Vic?
Should we call Rory Shrek or is he greener than that? :tease:

#16 _BCR42Y_

_BCR42Y_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:26 PM

Congratulations on the Great News! :spoton:

#17 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:40 AM

U gotta be happy with that !!

#18 lcgtr1970

lcgtr1970

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Name:Jordan

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:27 AM

Good on ya. I'd be a very happy bloke if i was you.
Now only if i could find something like that...please god help me find something like that?

#19 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:58 AM

Do you know much about the car ? Like what has it been doing since Bondy finished with it ?

A good and valid question,when i bought the car i got a heap of paper work reciepts /photos ect, and in that lot were some old vic rego papers going back to 1972 through till 1980. didnt think much of them until having a closer look, the early ones had gmh (S.P.L) salmon st ,pt melbourne, that started the search!.the car was put back to road trim(as they were worth much more as a road car than a ex racer)sold of in april 75 to gmh dealer in kyabram vic, it went to a local lad in albury/wodonga, then to his mate as i was told it( kicked the snot his mates new slr5000), so he had to have it.then to new owner in orbst after a few years, who painted it black and put a mural of the matches redhead under the bonnet, but his girlfriend kept putting it side ways and all over the place, so it was traded for a datsun sss,and the new owner (his mate)drove it to West Aus. it passed through three owners, got painted mustard along the way, before finding its first female owner who did a total resto on the car,back to glacier, (1988/1994). it was then sold to a chap in alice springs, who brought it to adelaide with him ,he had it stored for many years, and didnt do much with it,and it was in pretty bad shape mechanicly when i bought it in april 06. i did the mech side myself, its now done a trip to Sydney for the xu1 nats, and a trip to Orbost/Melb/adelaide. This is a very abridged history of the car ,i have spoken to all but 1 of the previous owners(the second owner, still looking) , hope this makes a good read. cheers daz c :D :D

#20 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:17 AM

well done... and what made him sure it was the car, did he scratch his initials in the underseal or something... he must have a good memory after all these years christ I cant remember what happened yesterday lol.... I say go the prime plates.... they have a dark and mysterious history and if they end up in something great even better. Just please dont sell it now...

#21 sadmannt

sadmannt

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Name:Shane

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:31 AM

is that the 72 car or not as i thought it was written off at bathurst

#22 _dave720gtr_

_dave720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:32 AM

yes but thay reshelled it

courtesy of boomarang towing lol :blink:
Posted Image

'

#23 _UFO XU1_

_UFO XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:52 AM

what can i say HAPPY DAYS!!!! thats one for the kids down the track.cheers mate.

#24 _dave720gtr_

_dave720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:59 AM

It will look unreal with war paint !

Posted Image

#25 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:53 AM

well done... and what made him sure it was the car, did he scratch his initials in the underseal or something... he must have a good memory after all these years christ I cant remember what happened yesterday lol.... I say go the prime plates.... they have a dark and mysterious history and if they end up in something great even better. Just please dont sell it now...

Ian found the packet of craven a he lost last time he worked on it in 74 in the engine bay,lol :tease: , the hdt cars have very distinctive modifications underneath,and other places, the "prime " plate is for new shells,the body no on the plate is a part no. nothing mysterious about that ,just not that common. and ther will be no selling , unless i croak it and the tinlids cash in!cheers :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users