Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:17 PM

^ Gawd I hope your right Datto.....
:D

Cheers Greg..

#52 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:26 AM

hi greg& datto yes im making the moves to get the car re logbooked but in what category? so im looking at the cars development and go with that .the C of D ,will certainly help with a time frame in the cars history. cheers daz :spoton:

Edited by LGN347/24C, 21 May 2007 - 08:31 AM.

#53 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:55 PM

Hi all ,just made contact with the second owner , and last in the link, he told of some wild times had in it,(illegal night drags at broadmeadows vic 1976/79 era),blowin the doors of gt's /chargers ect, and confirmed it had " freak"eng.cheers daz :D :D

#54 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:11 PM

This post has been a most enjoyable read. What a great story and a bit of luck that the car was not completly trashed having been a bit of a handful to drive for some of the owners.
I look forward to the day when it has the orgional war paint back on. I have no doubt we'll see it in Ast Muscle car mag with complete with the cars history in a couple page spread.
Well done Daz

#55 _Trewman_

_Trewman_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:55 PM

Hi Daz, i have just read bout ur car! yes i am one of the ex owners of this car, its good to c that it has survied and that you are going to return it to its original race colours. This was one mean SOB that i called "The Untouchable" i never got beaten in any drags! and it was so easy to have speedo and tacho off the clock! You drove it across from S.A to VIC and stayed a few days. It was great to get behind the wheel and feel that awsum power! again n yes i checked it out and it was my old car! which i got HF to check out some 28 yrs ago wen he used to go fishing at marlo! all i can say is congrats Daz take care of "The Untouchable" and it was great to own that car and to be apart of its history! G.T

#56 _lc Toranaman_

_lc Toranaman_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:10 PM

Good on you, not stiring you up at all (good luck with the restoration) however WHY not go to see Harry Firth. After all he was there from day one on all GTR XU-1 and GTR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. I would have gone and seen Harry down at Hasting's (he as seen my GTRXU-1 & my GTR) contact - mailto:[email protected]: Harry would have took one look at the car and yes or no. I am sure he would love to look at the old girl, or even cotact Colin Bond? Once again good luck on all front's. :tease:

#57 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:17 PM

There is a tidy bit of superannuation.
R

#58 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:13 PM

Good on you, not stiring you up at all (good luck with the restoration) however WHY not go to see Harry Firth. After all he was there from day one on all GTR XU-1 and GTR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. I would have gone and seen Harry down at Hasting's (he as seen my GTRXU-1 & my GTR) contact - mailto:[email protected]: Harry would have took one look at the car and yes or no. I am sure he would love to look at the old girl, or even cotact Colin Bond? Once again good luck on all front's. :tease:

lc Toranaman daz has allready had it verified by harry firth & colin bond :spoton:

#59 _lc Toranaman_

_lc Toranaman_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:14 PM

As I said good on him! :tease:

#60 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:49 PM

hi all, harry had a look at my car last sept in sydney at the xu1 nats,and confirmed it to be the 24c car as that was the only car they ever reshelled,as per his book "torana the great" ,also my mate frank has harry and i chatting on video about the car. have spoken to colin bond a couple of times, showed him the car at the devolpment series at mallalla last year,he remembered the houndstooth!.have done a scratch test (mini archilogical dig) on paint in areas not easily seen, most of the hdt paint scheme is still there.Have solved the mystery of the feb reg label on the brock /bond 72 cars bath cars,the only number plates ever reg in feb to the hdt were KZR 565/KZR545 in feb 71!. these plates appeared on both the 72 rally cars ,which were infact the ex 71 lc bathurst cars updated, to lj grill/tail light ect,the same reg no was used on both silver 72 lj race cars,and then on both the new 3/8/72 brock /bond cars. the plates allotted to the 72 bathurt cars are LGN347/LGL443,these plates were reg in early sept, this has been confirmed with infomation from the cams log book for both cars. the bath 73 cars were never regoed not a requiement for group c. there was only 11 rego numbers used in the entire lc/lj hdt history,but a lot more cars!!??.cheers :D :D

#61 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:25 AM

hi all, been out of action for a while due to full on family/personal matters.just a update on the cars progress,drove it over to last oct 's sandown historic meet for Frank Lowndes to have a look at,it was put up on a hoist at Craig Bowrings place for Franks inspection,after a few hours of poking around the car and the 3rd degree questioning from Frank about my research/proof , the result ,he is in no doubt about its hdt heritage.even Skip Parsons(interested bystander) was blown away by it all and is now relativly xu1 updated lol. then back to adelaide for David Amstrong the group c historic eligibility officer to have a look and set the paperwork in motion,so the c.o.d is almost done,and it goes of to the paint shop next week.will post pics in due course.cheers daz :D

Edited by LGN347/24C, 27 April 2008 - 10:28 AM.

#62 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:56 AM

What can you say?

Well done. Another one found.

Be great to see it when its finished.

#63 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:52 PM

Good on ya Daz, Will be great to see some piccies of it in full livery!

#64 WhiteA9XS

WhiteA9XS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Name:Shaun
  • Car:LJ LX
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:21 PM

daz , you will have to get the cams licence next so you can have a drive with the group c boys .

#65 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

a absolute must do i think shaun,im going to have at least a couple of races for a bit of fun,nothing serious.cheers daz

#66 2600s

2600s

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

Well done Daz, great car and really nice and tight to drive :spoton:

#67 _bender69_

_bender69_
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:30 AM

WOW,what a piece of history, well done mate .where do these cars hide?so does this mean all of the hdt lj series have been found? ben :spoton:

#68 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:46 AM

Well done Daz, great car and really nice and tight to drive :spoton:

im glad 2600s you were talking about the car thats nice n tight to drive :tease:

#69 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:59 AM

yea so am i^^lol,to ben the only hdt lj race car (not rally car) not accounted for so far is the 73 bond car that came 3rd at bathurst that year (73),it met with a mishap on the way to surfers paradise when a wine tanker slammed into the back of the car trailer carrying it and totaled the race car/trailer/one tonner and gave wayne negus(driver of the one tonner) a bit of a fright. later the car was stripped of its motor/ wheels ect and sold to wayne mahnken and ended up as a hemi engined speedway car,anyone's guess after that.cheers daz :spoton: :D

footnote;bond was then given brocks 28c to drive at surfers which he stacked badly near the end of the race.

Edited by LGN347/24C, 28 April 2008 - 08:08 AM.

#70 meanmachine72

meanmachine72

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Name:Jono

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:05 AM

seems that bond had a habit of crashing them

#71 WhiteA9XS

WhiteA9XS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Name:Shaun
  • Car:LJ LX
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:26 AM

bondy had a nick name of bendem

#72 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:49 AM

Hi Daz,it will be good to see it when its finished,John.

#73 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:44 PM

I don't want to see it, I want to borrow it , for a weekend !!

#74 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:00 PM

thats great daz, more good news. awesome car and in the right hands, well done

#75 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:25 AM

dickiep well said ,I totally agree .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users