Rust Repair Sections

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:55 AM

I think Dangerous's point is while some of the areas may be simple for some people to make they are very common areas that 9 out of 10 toranas have rust in them. Therefore having rust repair sections that can be bought and welded in would be simpler for most owners wanting to tackle the repair themselves. The market would be there as well.
I for one work shift work so can attend night classes to learn how to do some of these things as much as I would like to. I used to be a ble to weld (it's been quite a few years thou) so it would be better for me to buy the repair sections and work from there. I'm sure I'm not alone.
I admir people like you, Yellow that can cut some sheet bend it to some shapes and than do the repairs. Some of us would just like to short cut the process abit and hopfully some possible problems as well.

#27 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:46 PM

Yella, I agree - I should do a car restoration course - I'm getting to be known locally as the RSPCA for Toranas, as I can't stand to see any Toranas (no matter how poor condition) go to waste, or not get repaired. I'm working on three at the moment, and have another three that are in storage, for some time in the future that I can get some spare time and cash together to work on them.

As Hatchy's pointed out, if Rares is able to make them reasonably well at a reasonable price, then it would help not only me, but a lot of other Torana owners and restorers.

I don't particularly need those parts, but I'm trying to let Les know what parts I think would be popular amongst the average Torana owner. I agree about the front lower door section, but if it's made including the trim line, and if it's folded to include the wrap around ends of the door skin, then it would result in a better repair wih less likelihood to 're-rust' around the seam and welded joins.

#28 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:26 PM

Got ya. Yeah, you did that shell for Herne didn't you.

RSPCA for Torana's, I could think of 100 things worse to be known as. I like it.

#29 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:38 PM

Got ya. Yeah, you did that shell for Herne didn't you.

RSPCA for Torana's, I could think of 100 things worse to be known as. I like it.

Na that wasn't Dangerous. It was some one else. I can't remember the name or his nic. It did have Chev in it thou. He did good work and loved fixing Toranas up.
RSPCA :clap: thats funny. That would make it RSPCT wouldn't it?

#30 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:20 PM

Yeah, Cheved, that's it.

RSPCT, bit rice, but I like it.

#31 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:35 PM

I can see it now, ten personalised number plates - RSPCT 1 to 10 :blink:

Gawd, I was just forced to count 'em all up, now the hatch has come back home today.

LC GTR XU-1 Bathurst
A9X hatch
SS 308 4 speed hatch (A9X replica, right down to the floorpan)
LH 173 3 speed grandpa sedan
LC 161 3 speed grandpa sedan
LC 1159cc 4 speed manual coupe
LJ 6 cyl coupe
LC 6 cyl coupe
6 cyl UC hatch
TA coupe

And that's not counting the Japanese XU-1 or the family car :huh:

Anyone have a spare shed or two that they're not using???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users