New Event For Tassie???

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:06 PM

OK we are looking at bringing you guys a Springnats style event with all the trimmings but only if we get enough suport so whos up?
Cheers Les
www.springcarnationals.com

#2 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:20 PM

Hi les, what dates did you have in mind and what incentives are you offering for us to ferry our cars across? Accomodation?

Cheers
Herne

#3 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

We are looking at the March long weekend and yes of coarse there would be incentives for interstate entrants if this goes ahead
Cheers Les

#4 _noslx_

_noslx_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:59 PM

definitely got all the support i can give :spoton:

#5 _her308_

_her308_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:22 PM

yep, i,m in. and i,m sure there would be thousands of others up for it too.
Tassie seems to get left behind when it comes to big events , so i reckon everybody here would lapp it up...
SO PLEASE PLEASE BRING IT ON :rockon:

#6 _timbotorrie_

_timbotorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:03 PM

HELL YES!!!

that would be a bloody great idea, we need more events down here!!!!!

the only event we have is the tassienats and that is in march

please come down, there would be a great deal of support from every car nutter down here. :spoton: :spoton: :spoton: :rockon: :rockon:

#7 _postal_dood_

_postal_dood_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:25 PM

SHIT YEAH! yeah dood dont worry about suport from tha tassy torana guys... you have that in bucket loads...

so long as you give us a place to congrigate, and some "talent" to perve on by crickey theres not a hope in hell of me missing that :D. Dates and locations???

#8 _tassietorrie_

_tassietorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

Definitly interested in this,it would be a great idea.I could drum up plenty of local interest through my local watering hole(www.joesgarage.com.au),just let me know if theres anything i could do.We are very keen for these sorts of events to come to tassie.

#9 _postal_dood_

_postal_dood_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:21 PM

Definitly interested in this,it would be a great idea.I could drum up plenty of local interest through my local watering hole(www.joesgarage.com.au),just let me know if theres anything i could do.We are very keen for these sorts of events to come to tassie.

second that.

if theres anything i can do ill be sure to get the word out.
but there betta be some sort of babe contest or im not going. lol well i would but it'd be better if there was some tits. (no offence to the ladies in the audience but hey what guy dsnt like tits)

:spoton: thumbs up for this event.

#10 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:49 PM

As for support for the event i don't think thats a problem, all the Tassie Torana Guys are keen and i don't think it'd take much to get the word out as Tassie is a small place and packed with revheads....

Would definately be good for the tassie car scene as we need more events over this way. If you look at it this way we get one or two blokes come over as in victor bray or clint oglivie and people come from everywhere to see, tarmack is packed. Imagine if we get a few more big names come over.

Where would you look at holding the event?? Symons Plains, Tarmak Dragway....

Les

#11 _postal_dood_

_postal_dood_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:53 PM

^^^ if you can get victor bray here ill even make the effort to show up in the torana. (if not itll be the calais)

hell yeah, If some one was to organise an event such as this it would do wonders for me personally, id get off my ass and finish off my car just to show it off to the thousands of people that'd come through your gates... Imagine all that un tapped buisiness oportunity... people in tassy are screaming out for oportunities to present themselves without forking out big dollars to get noticed on the mainland.
the way i see it is that the mainland already has set criteria you must pass to get anywhere near close to being singled out. . . down here tho there are so many nice cars that could be featured in magazines and what not, all WE need is the right person/people to allow these nice cars to come out of the wood work and start making YOU the organisers money. If in fact thats what your here for... Which it would have to be, because tasmania is pretty much as i said, an untapped resource for young guys and girls that just want to get noticed, without having to move to the mainland.

#12 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:50 AM

That what im sayin postal dood, when Victor bray came over last time tarmak was packed to the max, just to see him. If we get say half a dozen big names our biggest problem will be standing room to watch....

les

#13 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:29 PM

We would in year one(if this goes ahead)put together a event for you people to enjoy and be able to participate in, if that proves to be sucessfull then in year two we would see to bringing some Big names over.

The old story,Crawl before you Walk.

Cheers Les

#14 _postal_dood_

_postal_dood_
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:37 PM

why crawl when you can walk already? Go for it... It'l be a succes anyway so why not? :D

#15 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:43 PM

From over 15 years of putting together events,beleive me we know.
Cheers Les

#16 _Rana Girl_

_Rana Girl_
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:49 PM

Great idea Tassie needs more events but as Timbotorrie said Tassienats is in march just checked the calendar for events http://www.dragwayta...mingEvents.html and it is 15th/16th of March next year so maybe a different time of year to hold it would need to be looked at so they don't compete with one another.

What about in Sept when the drag season is just starting back up use it like a big season opener??

#17 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

Theres a thought rana girl, Something to get the season kick started.

Lesadams - Not a bad idea, although a little extra incentive to come along and participate wouldn't go a stray as postal dood said. Where would you look at holding it?

#18 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:12 PM

Like i said,we are looking around the Hobart area at this stage as Tassienats is in the south so why not give the people up north ago.Where ever we may end up most will have to travell.
Cheers Les

#19 _Rana Girl_

_Rana Girl_
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:20 PM

Les you've got that a bit back to front.

Hobart is in the South and Tassienats is in the North (Motor's AC Delco dragway - Powranna). It's pretty much it for location for an event like your talking as it's the only drag track in Tassie. If you head to the web page http://www.dragwaytasmania.net/ it gives you all the details on it's location and the details of who to contact for info on hire of the track.

#20 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Car:1971 Lc Torana S 2 Door

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:03 PM

i'd be there definetly.
support shouldnt be a problem just finding a suitable location in the south. i think that the targa night stage and the thousands of people beyond capacity/predictions who turned up to this event in the south recently shows that support wouldnt be a problem.

#21 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:30 PM

OOPS :fool:

#22 _postal_dood_

_postal_dood_
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:06 PM

i'd be there definetly.
support shouldnt be a problem just finding a suitable location in the south. i think that the targa night stage and the thousands of people beyond capacity/predictions who turned up to this event in the south recently shows that support wouldnt be a problem.

i seen that on TV actually looked like awsome fun... where abouts was it?

#23 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:09 PM

Derwent entertainment centre

#24 _brocky_2006_

_brocky_2006_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:37 PM

hope to have a torana by then so ill be there were ever it is how many days 2?

#25 _postal_dood_

_postal_dood_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:20 PM

As far as im aware it is two days yes... and even if you dont have a torana by then im sure some1 will be willing to give you a ride, whomever is closest id guess.

Oh and les just for an added incentive, i will have my car specially ready for your show so long as you dont have the 1st in like 2 years... some time next year or even this year would be good. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users