Mate i will keep you to that.cheers les

#27 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:13 AM

So Les, how are we looking support wise?? Need much more convincing.

#28 _PROXT_

_PROXT_
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

No we need to bring someone different over. Dont get it wrong we all love Victor Bray and Brett Stevens but we have seen them too many times. We need to get some new blood. For what it takes to get those big names over we could get 10 other well know cars over for a less price. I reckon everyone should get behind this event and make it happen. If Tasmania dont hurry up and get something going we are just going to make Tassie a Holiday State. We need people like Les Adams to get events like this happening. Theres not many people here that know how to organize a event over here. He is the experienced one. Let him do his stuff. Lets all get behind this.

This is what les adams had to say on his Sprignats forum.

People have been asking if we would ever consider Tasmania for a Autofest/Springnats style event so we have decided to do some work and over the last four months and many meetings this could be happening.So far we have had a positive response from the ones that count so hopefully Tasmania your wishes may just come true.

This would be great for Tasmania if this goes ahead. Its just what we need. And there would be some awsome cars brought over from the mainland for the event. I reckon everyone should go onto Les Adams forum and support it. Put a post on there and show him that we are keen. If anyone dont know who Les Adams is he is the guy that runs Springnats.
http://www.springcar...sp?TOPIC_ID=303

#29 _postal_dood_

_postal_dood_
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:39 PM

Well absolutley every one that ive talked to about this is willing to jump behind it. Without a problem at all.
Not only would a mainland cars presents help but also the suport of the local rides aswell.

Im sure any one in the state that has a passion for cars will jump behind it and no doubt want to showcase there own cars aswell, and from what ive seen, there is a LOT of nice cars worth showcasing over every field of the car genre. tuners, muscle, european's, ricers :P every one is catered for and that would make a great event anywhere in australia, makes it better that its here in tas tho :D

end rant :P

cheers, mik.

#30 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:54 PM

PROXT - Agree totally with what your saying, was just using victor as an example of how everyone comes out towatch when a big name comes over. Tassie definately needs something like this and I know someone like Les Adams could make it work.

Les

#31 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:51 PM

Tasmanian Tourism has got back to us with Positive responses,We gave them our requirements and they have so far looking at 4 possible sites in and around Hobart that would be suitable for our style of event.
We will keep you all informed as we try to move forward on bringing you guys and girls a event that you all can call your own.
Regards Les Adams
www.springcarnationals.com

#32 _timbotorrie_

_timbotorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:37 PM

im getting pumped already!

i have been dreaming of this for ages, keep trying les!
we so need some events down here

:rockon: :rockon:

#33 _Rana Girl_

_Rana Girl_
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:11 PM

Les did you check out this thread http://www.gmh-toran...opic=18826&st=0 there's a sample of the Torana talent available down here in there. I am pretty sure a couple of the ones I put up are still owned by the same people (the hatch definately is) so if there is plenty of notice as to when this is going ahead I may be able to convince them to drag them out of the semi retired state they are in.

Glad to see Tourism Tas is looking supportive. So was I wrong to assume this event would need to be held at a drag track if you are looking at sites in Hobart?

#34 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:26 PM

Some Quality there,hope if we get the green light these come out to PLAY.
Cheers Les

#35 _PROXT_

_PROXT_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:12 AM

Just had anonther report from Les Adams. Please everyone get on his site and voice your opinion. We really need this event to happen.

Tasmanian Tourism has got back to us with Positive responses,We gave them our requirements and they have so far looking at 4 possible sites in and around Hobart that would be suitable for our style of event.
We will keep you all informed as we try to move forward on bringing you guys and girls a event that you all can call your own.
Regards Les Adams
www.springcarnationals.com

#36 _postal_dood_

_postal_dood_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:23 AM

Les did you check out this thread http://www.gmh-toran...opic=18826&st=0 there's a sample of the Torana talent available down here in there. I am pretty sure a couple of the ones I put up are still owned by the same people (the hatch definately is) so if there is plenty of notice as to when this is going ahead I may be able to convince them to drag them out of the semi retired state they are in.

Glad to see Tourism Tas is looking supportive. So was I wrong to assume this event would need to be held at a drag track if you are looking at sites in Hobart?

daaaaam there some sexy cars. :( i want a 2 door :cry:

ill get onto that site now. :spoton:

#37 _Rana Girl_

_Rana Girl_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:33 PM

daaaaam there some sexy cars. :( i want a 2 door :cry:

My dream is to one day own a hatch but the prices and not wanting to part with the LH means it doesn't look like happening.

The hatch in the black and white pic I posted was super street winner in Tassie in 2000/2001 and for those here in Tassie you might have seen a glimpse of it on the dragway add doing a burnout. Haven't seen it about in a few years but it was a way nice car.

#38 _timbotorrie_

_timbotorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:13 PM

any more news at all Les?
im itching to know!

#39 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:49 PM

me too, would love another excuse to come to tassie.

:rockon:

Welby

#40 _PROXT_

_PROXT_
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:42 PM

Havent heard anymore new on this event for a while. I hope Les gets in quick as there is talk Gary Myers would like to bring Gazzanats to tasmania.

#41 _XUI202_

_XUI202_
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

hi guys,
just wanted to let you know the street rod nationals are here in hobart between march 21/25 2008. i have entered 3 of my cars(57 chev, 37 chev 5 window coupe and a 51 two door hudson) there has been 550 entrants so far! they are coming on the boat on the 19th march. that would be one hell of a party. just thought i would let you know it will be busy here in hobart that weekend but sat 22nd is the day of the show and shine.maybe we could have the torana day on the sunday? better day for families i think :rolleyes: . thanks robert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users