Turbo and Trimatic patterns

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _holdon_

_holdon_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:06 PM

Can anyone here confirm the differences with turbo and trimatic bolt up patterns?

I am getting conflicting info about what holes line up and what holes dont :<_<:

anyway.....if anyone here has actually compared or measured the 2 id appreciate your input....

below is from a different site which someone redrilled their bloke to suit both....not i think what he has done it dodgy...but what im after is if the locations of where he had drilled are correct or not?.......my question is - if it is correct - where do you take the measurements from to ensure you have located the exact correct position if none of the hole line up?

http://www.aussiev8....ighlight=prefix

^^^ scroll down to the pics!

Edited by holdon, 10 August 2007 - 02:07 PM.

#2 _JBM_

_JBM_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

The 4 holes at the sides are the same its the top holes, the locating dowel position and size that are different.

The Aussie pattern uses 2 hole right up the top and the Chev holes are further down. The Chev locating doles are between the side holes and has a larger diameter.

If you have an early block there isnt enough metal on the mounting flange to insert the Chev dowels where they need to go.

If your planning on modding your block you should take it to a proper machine shop so that the holes are square to the block face and accurately located. If they dont have the dimensions for this conversion I would go to another shop.

Posted Image

The above pic shows the differences.

James

#3 _holdon_

_holdon_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:50 PM

thanks mate!

so your block was trimatic pattern?

well - its my bellhousing i want to change.....

so whats with the pics in the link i posted? none of the holes lined up....this is also what i have with my engine/housing......none line up - about 4mm out.

if that is the case - i think the bellhousing is drilled incorrectly...its a CRS jobby

redrilling my bellhousing isnt a problem - its just knowing where to drill thats the problem as i have no starting point.....

anyone have a celica to turbo pattern 308 bellhousing for sale!!

#4 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:51 PM

The next easiest way to tell is to measure the width of the locating dowels. Tri are 1/2", turbo are 5/8".

#5 _holdon_

_holdon_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:14 PM

are these in the same location for both? coz that would make it easier to align it all up before i drill...

#6 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:54 PM

No.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users