tilly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:42 PM

hey, i gave you all some teaser shots of tilly with torry in the other thread so thought i'd stick up a quick read about the "dj watson racing parts transportation vehicle"

she has been in the family for quiet a few years now, infact lost count. tilly isn't technicaly mine, i just go halves with dad in rego insurance and maintenance ect. before i got bored she looked like this:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

i just gave her a quick freshen up, and threw a few body ad ons for shits and giggles...all stuff i had laying around the back yard. the body work aint the greatest ihave ever done but it was a very rush job and when it's all said and done, she is a work ute. gets motors and gearboxes ect thrown in the back, gets taken to the dump, all that kinda shit.
i modded the rear tail light area to take toyota hilux items, these are very common and easy to get unlike the mazda ones. i also knocked up a snazzy guage pod to hold the extra guages we had in the cab, previously they were sitting in gay looking metal tab like things as youc an see in the top pick.:
light start:
Posted Image
light finish:
Posted Image
guage pod:
Posted Image
Posted Image

anyway, this is what she looks like now:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

not to bad for a quick build from a couple of dodgy old buggers in the back yard ey...

ps, re the sticker, people keep mistaking the damb thing for a datsun...

#2 _high_rpm_

_high_rpm_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:47 PM

the pic of the sticker dont work mate

anyway she looks prity good big improvement must go alot quicker now with the scoop :P

#3 _Pete_

_Pete_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:50 PM

Looks like a kool little parts chaser!!

Any pics of the tail light area in paint and complete?

#4 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

No Longer A Contributing Ninja/Member.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Name:Em

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:37 AM

Awww i had one of them! (paid $50-!), put a polished timber tray on him (called him wally) painted him yellow (must be a tonka truck thing) drove him for 6 months and sold him for $1000-
miss not having to hang my arm out the window to turn the wheel lol
there a fun lill work ute, i would rather have another lill mazda than another datto!

#5 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,299 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:02 PM

The "finished back end" that I am very keen to see will not work. The guage pods are very clean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users