M20 reverse question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _The Stig_

_The Stig_
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:32 AM

I'm in the process of prepping my new 2nd hand 202/m20 to go into my SL/R. Bought the engine/g/box off a bloke who'd had them both fully reco'd and hadn't used them. Bolting the gearshift on yesterday and I noticed reverse doesn't lock in. Been a long long time since I played with Aussie 4 speeds - how does the reverse gear detent work? Where does the reverse light switch go? There is a small threaded hole just behind the reverse gear link, I'm assuming the switch screws in there and also acts as a detent? i should know all this - too many murdered brain cells over the years! lol Can anyone throw me a lifeline here?

#2 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:15 AM

If that hole doesn't have the bolt in it the detent wont work. Same if it doesn't have the spring and ball.

#3 _The Stig_

_The Stig_
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:20 AM

If that hole doesn't have the bolt in it the detent wont work. Same if it doesn't have the spring and ball.

OK, so it is a spring and ball that goes in there? Where does the reverse light switch go in then? I'm gonna have to get a RWC on the car, so I guess thet will have to work as well! I'll have to look through the bags of goodies the bloke gave me with the motor and see what I can find in there...

#4 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:33 PM

Pic shows switch and bolt that secures the switch and retains the ball and spring. (Same bolt)

Posted Image

Edited by rodomo, 29 October 2007 - 05:34 PM.

#5 _The Stig_

_The Stig_
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:42 PM

Aaah, ok, it makes sense now! It's all coming back to me...thanks heaps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users