#26 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:04 AM

Hey Red, was G&S motor bodies the original supplier?

I have always liked their stuff.......it fits!

#27 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:54 PM

Hey Red, was G&S motor bodies the original supplier?

I have always liked their stuff.......it fits!

I am not red, but Macarthers were the original suppliers of fiberglass

#28 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:16 PM

IF they ever used fibreglass ones they would have simply gone to an outside supplier to get them, GS motor bodies would have been the supplier as they did the flares and all the glass for most race teams. Race teams were supplied with the same gear as road cars got, so they got plastic front spoilers, but that doesn't mean the teams all used them, I know the HDT cars had plastic originally though. I know many dealerships sold fibreglass front spoilers around the time of the A9X as we had a GPAK fitted with on at the time and as supplied over the counter (Mum worked in spares) was a fibreglass spoiler. I wouldn't consider these to be original/factory as such though as they were not a Holden part numbered item.

#29 _Hotwire_

_Hotwire_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:57 PM

We need some help we want to remake most of our spoilers, flairs, brake scoops in plastic we are having to many problems with the supply of fibreglass. What we need is good original samples , we find it very difficult to get original sample as most people believe they have the correct sample only to find out it is an after market one . Please comment we need some feedback
Les

Hi Les,
I notice the Rare Spares online shop has currently listed Torana flares (hatch and sedan)for sale, no photos available.
Can you give us a status update as to who is making the flares for Rare Spares, how supply is these days, and are they excellent quality based on good originals?

Cheers

#30 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:35 AM

We need some help we want to remake most of our spoilers, flairs, brake scoops in plastic we are having to many problems with the supply of fibreglass. What we need is good original samples , we find it very difficult to get original sample as most people believe they have the correct sample only to find out it is an after market one . Please comment we need some feedback
Les

Hi Les,
I notice the Rare Spares online shop has currently listed Torana flares (hatch and sedan)for sale, no photos available.
Can you give us a status update as to who is making the flares for Rare Spares, how supply is these days, and are they excellent quality based on good originals?

Cheers

You ask questions that I am not prepared to answer fully and I doubt any company would divulge their supplier, suffice to say they are Australian made, at this point in time we have stock of the 4 door kits, hatch kits are due for delivery in November. They were made using what we believe to be genuine flares and we have had no quality problems, although I would like to eventually make them in plastic.
Les

#31 Oysterhead

Oysterhead

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Name:Marcus
  • Car:LX Torana

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

Just got a front spoiler and rear from the spoiler shop in perth.top quality product and my panel beater is raving how good they are.slightley more expensive but minimal work needed to fit them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users