Photo

Some Photos of an Extremely Historical LC!

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:35 PM

This was sent to me by a new member, Hopefully he can add some information to these pictures!

Pictures from Sandown Nov 2007

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy!

#2 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:47 PM

saggy sarah?

Looks like a labour of love

#3 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

Saggy Sarah ? The name rings a bell, looks like the engine is set back and it has big holes in the inner guards so maybe a big V8 with the extractors exiting through there?

#4 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:31 PM

Hes a drug dealer....sold me a pound and it was 8 oz!! :furious: :gun: ..Dud root too I might add!..That is Saggy Sarah...we were old lovers..he stole her off me after she was sent broken hearted from one H Firth../P Janson/ P Brock and C bond.. :cry: :cry: ...Never recovered she didnt..went onto a lonely Sport Sedan life in the City of Churches/Fuel drums full of Acid........Lost for many years...then!!!!...DRAGGED back into a life of shame and crime by previous said DG...Prick of a MAN!!! :gun: :gun: ...All will be reveiled IF he choses to show his shameful face in public!!!.....(Well...he has actually done that....and seeing it in previous photo...you can understand why he spends most of his time driving lonely long trips in the Sth Australian outback....)...GOD has CAST him to the neather regions!!!

Away with you Chalatain!! :gun: :furious: :gun: :furious:

R

Edited by rorym, 01 January 2008 - 11:34 PM.

#5 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:40 PM

I will give you a hint. Thought the numberplate would have given it away anyway?..Boy you guys are slow....
R
Posted Image

Edited by rorym, 01 January 2008 - 11:42 PM.

#6 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:52 PM

Some times there aren't enough rocks
-Forrest Gump

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,998 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:59 PM

Are you sure Rory?
I mean really sure?
It's had a few coats of paint. :huh:

#8 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:04 AM

I have had 40 phone conversations with the new owner whom chose not to reveil until Sandown...I still respect his wishes.....He will wake up tomorrow and comment then I would suspect..1st Place Snowy Mountains Rally C Bond. The winning list is as long as your arm. Saggy Sarah is now found. The first HDT XU1 race car...originally Linamint from the factory then painted yellow for Bathurst 1970. Outbraked Moffat into Murrays on the first lap. History.
R
Middle of the page. BJD-440
Posted Image

Edited by rorym, 02 January 2008 - 12:11 AM.

#9 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:17 AM

You must know people in high places rory thats classified info or should i say was. :D

#10 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:17 AM

My closeup pics of the layers of paint....under the Yellow Dolly is the Linamint original.
R
Posted Image

#11 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:19 AM

Gino,
If the owner wishes to comment..he will...until then...it would make a great AMC History Found Feature! :clap:
R

#12 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:20 AM

Posted Image

#13 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:28 AM

Like I said...If the owner wishes to comment he will.
R

#14 _oz772_

_oz772_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:29 AM

I have had 40 phone conversations with the new owner whom chose not to reveil until Sandown...I still respect his wishes.....He will wake up tomorrow and comment then I would suspect..1st Place Snowy Mountains Rally C Bond. The winning list is as long as your arm. Saggy Sarah is now found. The first HDT XU1 race car...originally Linamint from the factory then painted yellow for Bathurst 1970. Outbraked Moffat into Murrays on the first lap. History.
R
Middle of the page. BJD-440

In the article just posted, it mentions that the first lina mint race car became the 'girls' (Cole/Bennett) car at Bathurst in 1970. Bond's yellow car, KSN-116, was the one that out braked Moffat at the end of lap 1 I think?? Or is what Harry says in that article incorrect?

Edited by oz772, 02 January 2008 - 12:35 AM.

#15 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:42 AM

Geez Oz dont throw a spanner into the works..as GTR-XU1 has pointed out above...Harry says the car was BOI-812...only problem with that is every picture of the day clearly shows the car as KRK-720.....someone is wrong. Check AMC article and autopics...great pic of Bond in front of Janes Monaro...
R

Edited by rorym, 02 January 2008 - 12:43 AM.

#16 _oz772_

_oz772_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:45 AM

Geez Oz dont throw a spanner into the works..as GTR-XU1 has pointed out above...Harry says the car was BOI-812...only problem with that is every picture of the day clearly shows the car as KRK-720.....someone is wrong. Check AMC article and autopics...great pic of Bond in front of Janes Monaro...
R

Yeah. I wasn't being a smart a. I was really wondering, because that was what I thought as well. However, what was the rego on the girls' lina mint car at Bathurst? I can't find a photo of the back of it in the race.

#17 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:47 AM

Mmmmmmm

Posted Image

#18 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:56 AM

theres also info on the car when janson had it in one of the giant killer mags. are there any numbers left on this car to trace it back through cams? im sure Daz and his mate have been very busy exhausting there efforts tracing this cars foot steps. does anyone have a photo of the car when watto had it?

#19 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:56 AM

Yeah. I wasn't being a smart a. I was really wondering, because that was what I thought as well. However, what was the rego on the girls' lina mint car at Bathurst? I can't find a photo of the back of it in the race.

Lol..Mate wasnt having a go at you...I have no idea on the girls car...there is a good thread here somewhere documenting all the HDT rego numbers but I cant find it.
R

#20 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:05 AM

Jamie i have got a photo of that car in an touring car year book from 70 to73 where that book is that another story see if i can dig it up tomorrow

#21 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:56 AM

giant killers 74. page 73-74. Janson used the car in 72-73. so gino hopefully you have a 74 onwards pic

#22 _oz772_

_oz772_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:16 AM

Lol..Mate wasnt having a go at you...I have no idea on the girls car...there is a good thread here somewhere documenting all the HDT rego numbers but I cant find it.
R

I find this stuff interesting. I remember going to Warwick Farm as a 6 year old and watching Bond in the yellow car at the start of '71. My dad took me there heaps between '71 and '73, and even managed to scam my way into the HDT tent, as it was, in the pits on occasion.

Edited by oz772, 02 January 2008 - 10:17 AM.

#23 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:21 AM

theres also info on the car when janson had it in one of the giant killer mags. are there any numbers left on this car to trace it back through cams? im sure Daz and his mate have been very busy exhausting there efforts tracing this cars foot steps. does anyone have a photo of the car when watto had it?

Would a CAMS log book do Jamie?
R

#24 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:18 AM

No pics of that car in my year books jamie only have 74 75 76 editions mainly. as for watto you are talking about 1970 australian rally champion bob watson is that correct. jeez my memory is starting to fade.

#25 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:53 AM

gino
acording to Harry, Bruce Watt had the car after Janson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users