lower shifter boot/seal.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

Les,

I have a NOS seal for the shifter (9930616).

This seal protects the shifter from contamination from water/dust/crap.

It mounts under the shifter like a bucket and comes up through the floor pan and is clamped into place by the metal ring that holds the upper boot in place. The levers poke through the bottom of the boot.

I have looked for years and finally got this one off Ebay for big $ for what it is(rubber boot).

I was going to install it last night but due to it's age it probably will have a short life.

Instead I thought that this was an opportunity to offer it to you as a sample for reproduction. If it was used for a pattern and then manufactured from a modern more durable material we could all benefit.

Interested??

#2 slr5640

slr5640

XA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Name:Brian

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:24 PM

Just to add I have a nos upper boot to match p/n 9944863 if you can use this as well. Come to think of it you may already do this boot.

#3 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,329 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:52 PM

In this thread http://www.gmh-toran...showtopic=24065 Les asked to me emailed as well as posting in the forum to ensure he gets the message.

[email protected]

#4 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:28 AM

Hi Les,Do you make the centre gear stick boots for LJ toranas,to suit,4 and 6 cylinder models,many thanks,John.

#5 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:51 AM

And gear shift boot and insert for hatch 6&8?

#6 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:43 PM

Les,

I have a NOS seal for the shifter (9930616).

This seal protects the shifter from contamination from water/dust/crap.

It mounts under the shifter like a bucket and comes up through the floor pan and is clamped into place by the metal ring that holds the upper boot in place. The levers poke through the bottom of the boot.

I have looked for years and finally got this one off Ebay for big $ for what it is(rubber boot).

I was going to install it last night but due to it's age it probably will have a short life.

Instead I thought that this was an opportunity to offer it to you as a sample for reproduction. If it was used for a pattern and then manufactured from a modern more durable material we could all benefit.

Interested??

Yes I am Interested how doy ou want to handle this do you want to sell me the boot or do you want me to replace it with a new repro one
Les

#7 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:44 PM

Just to add I have a nos upper boot to match p/n 9944863 if you can use this as well. Come to think of it you may already do this boot.

Yes we do make them thanks anyway

#8 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

Hi Les,Do you make the centre gear stick boots for LJ toranas,to suit,4 and 6 cylinder models,many thanks,John.

I think this is what you need GSB1007 check it out http://www.rarespare...ccessories.aspx

#9 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:53 PM

And gear shift boot and insert for hatch 6&8?

Try GSB1003A or GSB1004A

#10 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:09 PM

Hi Les not the shiffter boot on the consul,The rubber boot has three steps in it,that screws on top of floor tunnel,thanks.

#11 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:23 PM

Hi Les not the shiffter boot on the consul,The rubber boot has three steps in it,that screws on top of floor tunnel,thanks.

John
We do not make that part I will add it to the list
Les

#12 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:37 PM

Les,

I would be happy to recieve a couple of your repo boot/seals when you have them available as a trade. Just send me the address to post it off to. I hope everyone can benefit from this. If you remember, I sent you the original SS sticker to colour match.

As to the hatch shifter boot and insert for 6/8. I am of the understanding there are early and later styles as well as 4 cylinder and then 6/8 (6 and V8 are the same).
RSP does not have anything for the later 6/8 Hatch console. Except the arm rest.

REDA9X may wish to chip in here.

Even the local RSP rep has said the hatch is different to what is on offer.

So can we please have some made for SS (grey insert with black long grain boot)?

Cheers

#13 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:25 PM

I sent one of these to Spectrum in St Mary's years ago, last time I was there it was still sitting on the shelf not moved. Spectrum and Rares work together right LES? If so, grab the one I gave them, I'm not willing to part with another one.
The shifter surround and boot for a hatch is the same as the LH and early LX sifter surround, rares already make those. There were however 2 types, the early one is thicker at the rear than the later type, rares make both, GSB1006 and GSB1004a.

#14 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:48 PM

OK,

I will take a trip with the original and see.

Cheers

#15 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:34 PM

If the material is not correct Tony, I have some boots at home new, just the vinyl boot part

#16 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:06 AM

I sent one of these to Spectrum in St Mary's years ago, last time I was there it was still sitting on the shelf not moved. Spectrum and Rares work together right LES? If so, grab the one I gave them, I'm not willing to part with another one.
The shifter surround and boot for a hatch is the same as the LH and early LX sifter surround, rares already make those. There were however 2 types, the early one is thicker at the rear than the later type, rares make both, GSB1006 and GSB1004a.

I am confused what is at Spectrum and what do we have to make? I know we have to make the lower boot but do we need to make another upper boot and insert
Les

#17 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

Spectrum is in St Mary's here in Sydney, they deal in rubber products. I was told they make a lot of stuff for Rares, and they are certainly a dealer for rares, they sell a heap of Rares gear. As for the upper boot, you already have the upper rubber boot and the metal surround. From what I have seen in the Homebush outlet and online, you already do the vinyl gearshift boot and plastic surround that fits in the console for all the various LH-LX Torana models. The only boot I have not seen anywhere is the lower boot, it's rubber and slots over the base of the shifter and up against the floor, the shifter linkages go through slots in the sides. Maybe you could contact Spectrum, or when I get back I could see if I can get it back since they haven't used it.

#18 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:20 PM

Spectrum is in St Mary's here in Sydney, they deal in rubber products. I was told they make a lot of stuff for Rares, and they are certainly a dealer for rares, they sell a heap of Rares gear. As for the upper boot, you already have the upper rubber boot and the metal surround. From what I have seen in the Homebush outlet and online, you already do the vinyl gearshift boot and plastic surround that fits in the console for all the various LH-LX Torana models. The only boot I have not seen anywhere is the lower boot, it's rubber and slots over the base of the shifter and up against the floor, the shifter linkages go through slots in the sides. Maybe you could contact Spectrum, or when I get back I could see if I can get it back since they haven't used it.

I know Spectrum very well they are a good customer of ours, it is the other way around we make a lot of parts that they sell anyway that�s beside the point. What I was confused about is what the Baron said about the hatch boot and insert and us not having them I thought there must have been one that we did not make. I will certainly look at making the lower boot, I was told today that we may have a sample at Rares if not I will take the Baron up on his offer or ask Spectrum.
Les

#19 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:02 PM

I will get back to you this week end about th console insert.

Cheers

#20 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:02 PM

I will get back to you this week end about th console insert.

Cheers

THE BOOT IS HAPPENING

#21 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:30 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: I think the effort Les has been putting into reproducing hard to get parts is quiet remarkable. I never cease to be amazed by what turns up on a regular basis. Im sure not all of these parts provide an imediate return.

#22 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:17 PM

Hi Les,

Just been to Rares in Adelaide and got the following for the hatch console.

Surround part # 2817277
Boot Part # GSB1004

Thanks to Ian who chased up the correct bits.

PS It would be nice to have the grey inserts for the top and bottom of the surround, any chance? (Portland grey)

Cheers

#23 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:41 PM

Hi Les,

Just been to Rares in Adelaide and got the following for the hatch console.

Surround part # 2817277
Boot Part # GSB1004

Thanks to Ian who chased up the correct bits.

PS It would be nice to have the grey inserts for the top and bottom of the surround, any chance? (Portland grey)

Cheers

Leave it with me, no promises

#24 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:17 PM

Hi Les,

How are things going? Any news?

Cheers

#25 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:52 PM

Hi Les,

How are things going? Any news?

Cheers

Not good even though the sample was NOS it was to badly distraught from been folded for so long, we are having it sent back to us so we can make a wooded pattern which will add a couple month to the project . Your posting prompted me to chase it up as a sample should have been almost due about now It was then I was told of the problem , had you not asked the question we would have still been waiting for a sample
Les

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users