• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:22 AM

l am interested in looking at this car in Brisbane next week;

http://www.australia...au/muscle/74338

Problem is l dont want to waste my time nor the sellers. AMC have told me how wonderful it is as they do but l want to speak with the owner myself and get some better pics before arrange an inspection. The clowns at AMC want 5% deposit from me before l view the car which l just detest. :finger:

Does anybody know the owner, if so could you PM me and pass along my contact details?

Cheers Simon

Edited by Mondie, 09 February 2006 - 08:24 AM.

#2 HSVGTS

HSVGTS

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Name:HSVGTS

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:57 AM

The owner has signed it up with them for 3 Months I believe.........regards

#3 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:02 AM

Simon, looks like you may have trouble getting the guys name :) Just get the word out as you are doing now and he will most likely get back to you. I wouldn't care where enquiries came from if I were selling my car :)

Cheers
Herne

#4 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:41 AM

Simon, looks like you may have trouble getting the guys name :)

l dont even want his contact details, if soneone could pass mine onto him we could take it from there. AMC want 5% so they are assured of their commision, pathetic. Cant even give me enough info or better/larger photos of the car so that l can determine if l would be wasting my and the sellers time. Not much of a sellers service IMO.

#5 HSVGTS

HSVGTS

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Name:HSVGTS

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:56 AM

He lives in SE Queensland and is a member of the A9X Car Club.

Your not a very good detective, I found out and spoke with him however it wouldn't be right me giving you those details without his permission.

I have given you enough info to find him though.............regards

#6 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:09 PM

I know the car, and I have met the owner once. I just don't know what exactly the story is with AMC though, and since both Harry and Mike are good mates of mine, I wouldn't want to upset their sale. I could speak to the owner for you though and see what the story is and chase it from there. The fact that you saw the car on AMC though leads me to believe they are intitled to the commision. They ask for that 5% to weed out the tyre kikers and odgys, as you can imagine considering the value of the vehicles now.

#7 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:56 PM

I know the car, and I have met the owner once. I just don't know what exactly the story is with AMC though, and since both Harry and Mike are good mates of mine, I wouldn't want to upset their sale. I could speak to the owner for you though and see what the story is and chase it from there. The fact that you saw the car on AMC though leads me to believe they are intitled to the commision. They ask for that 5% to weed out the tyre kikers and odgys, as you can imagine considering the value of the vehicles now.

Dont have a problem with them taking 5% on the sale Red, but they could at least have some decent info and pics to show potential purchasers who are considering travellling 2000km for a look. The pics on the site are too small, too few and low quality to make much of a judgement on the cars condition.Taking 5% IMO is a way of ensuring they get their commision should the car sell and is a lazy way of vetting buyers.

l am happy to give them my name, address, contact numbers, drivers licence number etc so why 5%?

Edited by Mondie, 09 February 2006 - 12:57 PM.

#8 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:46 PM

I saw it last at the all holden day will email the pic i have of it.

Edited by GML-31, 09 February 2006 - 01:46 PM.

#9 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:47 PM

I'll see if I can get him to send some decent pics.

#10 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:47 PM

will email larger file but here it is small
Posted Image

#11 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,307 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 February 2006 - 02:35 PM

Posted Image

I only have that and the photo GML-31 just posted, sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck Mondie

#12 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:29 PM

Thanks guys, l am liking what l am seeing :D

#13 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 05:09 PM

Only a very minor thing, but it appears to be missing the radiator overflow bottle and brackets. Looks like a pretty tidy example though.

#14 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:02 PM

Only a very minor thing, but it appears to be missing the radiator overflow bottle and brackets. Looks like a pretty tidy example though.

Yes it is, only minor but probably very difficult to replace with the correct bottle and brackets. Thats why l want to talk with the owner, what else may it be missing..........

#15 LXM21

LXM21

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:27 PM

I think you will find the radiator is incorrect as well. Also bonnett has high gloss finish when should be a matt black finish. Only little things but !!

#16 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:58 PM

I think you will find the radiator is incorrect as well. Also bonnett has high gloss finish when should be a matt black finish. Only little things but !!

Were they matt or satin?

Cheers
Herne

Edited by Herne, 09 February 2006 - 06:58 PM.

#17 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:00 PM

The bonnet should be gloss, not sure about the radiator but chances are its not on the original by now.

#18 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:07 PM

The bonnets are not gloss.

#19 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:35 PM

Theyr'e not :huh:

Cant be many around that have not been changed over the years then. l thought all the black was gloss?

#20 LXM21

LXM21

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:36 PM

Satin is the correct colour which should flow onto window surrounds, they were defintely not gloss !!. For $70k you would expect the correct radiator (and most other things correct), as they can be reconditioned if faulty

#21 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:50 PM

I think you will find some are originally gloss and some originally satin. Happy to be proved wrong.

#22 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:58 PM

ahh, I knew I recalled satin from somewhere :)

Thanks guys.

If I were ever to repaint mine which it doesn't need right now I think I would go for a genuine A9X colour and satin black.. I am already looking for black door handles (4 of them)
I am liking Ultra Blue and Supermint right now.

Cheers
Herne

#23 LXM21

LXM21

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:04 PM

Defintley all satin.

#24 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:12 PM

Theyr'e not :huh:

Cant be many around that have not been changed over the years then. l thought all the black was gloss?

Dont jump the gun when people are helping you out buddy.
Heres something for you, your looking at spending $63k on a car and you dont know how the bonnet should be painted? Do some research.

Anyway as RED would know if you get a run in Satin paint you cant chop it out and buff it as it will shine, this is the main reason why people paint them gloss as it takes lots of experience and time to paint satin and get it right as you cant cut it back or ever buff the satin paint. So people repaint them in gloss as it does look better, you get the wet paint look, not the dry faded look. But I assure you they were not gloss black.

#25 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:19 PM

Definately SATIN, not gloss, not flat. I think considering the price rises of the cars, this isn't a bad buy at all. Spend a few bucks bringing it up to speed and it will be right on the money. A REALLY good sedan will pull $100,000 now, hatches even more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users