LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:16 PM

I thought I better put something up about this in case people hadn't heard yet...

After the last cruise night in January, a lot of bikes and cars went a bit wild, with lots of burnouts etc (which is unusual for this night which has never had trouble like this for as long as I can remember). One bike went up the wrong way and nearly hit a girl, plus there were other things - such as a lot of the general public coming through the gates were giving the organiser's sh*t and grief over stupid little things like having to pay $2 etc. Bloody hell I reckon, if you're such a tight-ass you can't hand-over 2 bucks, don't come!

This is all straight from one of my mates in the club itself, and yes, the entire night is officially cancelled for good. I can't remember exactly what he was saying about trying to get the police on board again to control the night, but due to it being in a different area, or zone or something, this isn't possible.

So anyway, thanks to whoever all the people were who ran amuk (I wasn't there at the end, so didn't see what went on), this night is no longer...... what a waste....

Not happy :(

PS. Next Tuesday will be really interesting. Even though the night is cancelled, not many people will have this knowledge yet (unless they are involved in the club scene), so if the carpark is still open, I bet there's gonna be a tonne of cars there! I'm gonna try to head down for sure to have a look!

Cheers.

#2 _RTS Guy_

_RTS Guy_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:29 PM

i heard the same thing Brett. from two different sources.

i will probably still go just for a look.

#3 _ultrabluea9x_

_ultrabluea9x_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:45 PM

Brett are you sure?.........ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuck,
i cant believe ther are so many dickheads ,who would spoil a good get together,and bguck it up for everybody else(very dissapointed).
i will head out anyway gives me a chance to see how the webbers(x4)will take to
traffic ............that really suxxxxxxs.....................

#4 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,299 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:54 PM

I was trying to find some published information so that I could post it on the forums after Darren told me his story. I found no reliable sources so thanks Brett for posting that. They'll probably block the carpark off and someone will organize a cruise or something *wishful thinkful*. I'll head up there and see if anything else is happening I'll go to that, worst situation i'll jump back on the train and go home, lol.

#5 _RTS Guy_

_RTS Guy_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:46 PM

heres some more info i found.

http://www.ozrodders...?t=5420&start=0

Edited by RTS Guy, 16 February 2006 - 03:46 PM.

#6 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:47 PM

Spewin! One of our good mates is in the club n he hasn't mentioned anything :| Might have to ask bout it! Might jus go n park anyway MWHAHA, yea ive seen some stupid stuff not goin to mention names but im sure theres a few that know it ;, that sucks it was always an awesome night too!!
Cheers
Stedz

#7 LhMusL

LhMusL

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:48 PM

THIS REALLY SUCKS!!
I really enjoyed these night, getting around looking at all the sweet rides. Sure something somewhere will take its place but as to whether it will have the same great atmosphere and organisation will be something else.
Gave us all a good reason to catch up regulary, guess we will have to wait and see what hapens from now on.... :cry:

#8 _J&S Racing_

_J&S Racing_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:51 PM

This is the first i have heard about this, ABSOLUTELY SPEWIN.

What a BIG disapointment.....for all of us.....it was great to catch up and have a look at some very interesting cars and now no more.................. :cry:

#9 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,299 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:32 PM

*coughletshaveanofficialcruiseinasimilaroralternatingareaeachmonthtomakeupforitc
ough*

EDIT: For those who don't take subtle hints, "Let's have an official cruise in a similar or alternating area each month to make up for it" :P

Edited by Heath, 16 February 2006 - 08:34 PM.

#10 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:40 AM

That absolutely SUX.

I was lucky enough to be invited to only one of these when they were in Croydon ( Thanks Brett and Deb!!), and it was the most awesome "show" ive ever been to!

I cant belive that the dickhead factor has killed yet another great event. That SUCKS.

Ferk.. dont know what else to say.. that sux.

#11 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:26 PM

Thats Bullshit! bguck! this was a great place to go and meet up with everyone! i use to love going there... bguckin dickheads! Thanks for letting us know brett.... If u hear of something else being organised let us know.... Maybe we start our own regular get togethers....

#12 _J&S Racing_

_J&S Racing_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:11 PM

Thats a good idea 253ToranaSS, there is no reason why we can't do a monthly meet up somewhere ourselves.

Isn't there a lookout with a good car park just off Springvale rd near Glen Waverley?

Just an idea of a location thats a bit more central to most people, it's also above Springvale rd high enough to be out of site.

#13 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:41 PM

Good idea about having a regular catchup! Will have to think more about that one, but in the mean-time, I know a lot of people are still planning to go to Boronia on Tues night, even though it's not an official club event anymore.

I am predicting the gates will be shut to this carpark, so maybe we should have a backup plan... where else in this local area could we cruise to and park the cars and have a chat? Somewhere with plenty of carparks, near food/drinks is always handy. Over on Canterbury Rd there are several places with big carparks that should be empty by 6pm. (Eg. outside Repco, or down further is good old Macca's, also Anaconda).

Or back in Boronia there is always the Macca's there too. Matty - how busy is the carpark there on a Tuesday 5:30pm onwards???

Damn theses bastards who killed this night, friggin pain in the ass :furious:

Edited by LXCHEV, 19 February 2006 - 11:42 PM.

#14 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:40 AM

Well i reguraly go past that top car park on the way to work each night and i must say i dont really see the gates shut... So that may still be a possability, although the club may put signs up or saying the meet is off...

In regards to the Maccas car park, it isnt too busy at 5.30 (as we know when we rock up there b4 we head over) but it wouldnt fit too many cars in there! haha i start work at 9 though so it would be perfect for me! Another Spot could be the Train Station Carpark... There is a shitload of space out there (depending on when people are all leaving, i know from about 7 onwards those carparks are dead empty!

And Also as long as we are not doing anything illegal (ie dickheads doing burnouts we shouldnt have problems with police.... unless they want to get us for loitering! haha

I need a carby to get my beast going again! if i get it running by tues ill be there! anyone got a carby they could lend me for the stroker (DONT GET ME STARTED ON oldn!)

#15 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,299 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:06 AM

Go to Maccas, or underneath the KMart carpark... so I can get there :P

#16 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:20 PM

There is nothing stopping us organising our own cruise night. The main fear of all organisers is the hoon element. I organise my own down here in Morwell. Regular contact with the local TMU is wise, let them know what you are up to. They will cruise past every now and then, and when it gets bigger they will task someone to sit nearby like they did at croydon.

You blokes in the eastern suburbs have the advantage of having stacks of cool cars around, word of mouth goes around quick. A couple of smaller nights will quickly grow intos something special. Just keep the wankers out somehow. You will never stop the knuckle heads doing singlewheelers out the front, but thats when you liase with the local police to patrol past.
Self regulation can work too. Some tool does something silly, record his rego, and deny entry next time. Or if he does something really stupid, record his rego, get a good description of the driver, and be prepared to make a statement to the police. Then the police can go and interview the driver and charge him.

#17 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,299 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:47 PM

If it's stays strictly Toranas, everyone will be known by someone else, so if someone does something stupid, they can just talk to them. If they continue to be an idiot, then you see if the cops can intervene.

#18 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,299 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:44 PM

Okay it's not on in a few hours ;)

Who's coming? who ain't? I better leave pretty soon if I am

#19 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:42 PM

:furious: :furious:

Very uncool. Everyone seemed to be getting turned away at the gate tonight. We sat in the hatchback at Macca's and watched cool cars driving past everywhere with no-where to go :cry:

Oh well, at least we caught up with J&S Racing, 253ToranaSS, and Liam. And the cheeseburger meal was good too.

Maybe it's about time we all start cruising over to one of the other cruise nights? Cranbourne is meant to be pretty cool. Will have to find out the details. Not sure if the Narre Warren one is still kicking around???

#20 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,299 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:56 AM

Well now I regret not coming, lol at least I got some gear off the LX and did some... homework = \

I don't even know where Cranbourne is, but if we go to that it may be a positive thing for local members of that area.... pretty much everything we do is in the Eastern Suburbs.

#21 _RTS Guy_

_RTS Guy_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:36 AM

Cranbourne is still a regualr cruise night, i think it is the 4th Wednesday of the month.

Narre Warren has only had 2 cruise nights so far, both very good nights.
but they are organised through the TV show Rodders Life. not sure when they will have another one.

#22 _WYLDLC 6_

_WYLDLC 6_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:50 AM

What time do the Cranbourne nights start if anyone knows. Close to home might have to have a look.

#23 _RTS Guy_

_RTS Guy_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:48 AM

Chris they start anywhere from 6pm onwards.

#24 _WYLDLC 6_

_WYLDLC 6_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:20 PM

Darren are they still at autobarn or have they moved.

#25 _RTS Guy_

_RTS Guy_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:30 PM

still at Autobarn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users