Photo

No more Boronia Rod Runs/Cruise Nights

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 _WYLDLC 6_

_WYLDLC 6_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:44 PM

Thanks mate I might have to go for a look next month.

#27 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:40 PM

Thats too bad about the boronia run, oh well dickheads will always fuk things for everyone..

There used to be a Meeting at Bundoora Hotel on Plenty Rd years ago, all sorts of cars would show up once a month.. Does anyone remember this or know anything about who used to organize it?

Maybe its time we got organized and arange a GMH-TORANA meet, just so we can all chatch up and talk cars for a few hours...

John

#28 _RTS Guy_

_RTS Guy_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:50 PM

John i remember the cruise nights at Bundoora Pub. i went a couple of times for a look. it was very different to the ones i was used to at Croydon.

the last time i went, i remember a guy doing doughnuts in the middle of an intersection which was a fairly busy intersection. enough to have traffic lights. there was so much smoke that no one could go through the intersection even though the lights were green.

maybe thats why that night no longer happens, who knows!

#29 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:01 PM

Far out darren i missed that one, thats definetly why its probly no more, I went on a few meets and it was good, heaps of old chevys and dodgs, and old fords.. It even got a few rods but never did i see any action like that, maybe the odd goon doing a u turn wheely but thats about it..

I used to go in my Mates Atlantis Blue HZ statesman Caprice with SS cragers on it, neet looking HZ it was..It was just good to see all the different cars.. It also used to get a few Old chopper style bikes...Long time ago tho..

John

#30 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:03 PM

Shattered I was. The first time I had managed to make it over there and I sat there and watched so many nice cars being turned away one after the other. I was there at about 5:45 and pulled in and parked. There were a couple of members at the front gates who spoke to all the nice cars that pulled up and I watched, Mussies, monaro's, XY's, rods etc all pulling U's and driving off. After they pulled one of the gates closed I upped and left, catching LXCHEV at Macca's for a bit.

A bit of a Torana turn would be fun, but one of the main attractions of the Boronia event was so many different cars to look at and it would be missing something I reckon. Still, maybe a few of us could get together and head over and crash the Cranbourne event, boost the Torrie numbers on display once in a while.

Peace,

#31 _WYLDLC 6_

_WYLDLC 6_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:32 PM

Liam mate I agree. The Cranbourne night has been going a long time now and it would definately make it a better night with a heap of torries from the forum turning up. I would definately be there. There is more than enough torries around to make a good turn out.
Cheers Chris.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users