Rare Spares Door Seals

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 _dags383_

_dags383_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:07 PM

I am told that Rare Spares are revamping the LC/LJ Door seals is this true? I am also told they will be out by mid year?

Anyone have an news on this.

Cheers,

Dags350

#2 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:37 PM

LH-LX 4 door and Hatch seal too I hope.

Yes, I have drowned them in Magic Rubber (black magic).

#3 _purpleLC_

_purpleLC_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:30 PM

Are these the same rubbers that they say are the same as genuine,
but in every application I have seen keep the doors from closing???

Unless you slam so hard you shatter you windows!!!

#4 _2ELCS_

_2ELCS_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:07 PM

i have just fitted a set [2 door lc ] bought through spectrum in sydney. they told me these are the new improved version from rare spares [came in rsp bags]. found them fairly easy to fit into the channel dry' doors and body still bare metal. doors require a fair effort to close but not enough to shatter a window. P S before you try to fit them hold both rubbers together at the moulded corners corners and check that the front pins are in the right position. i had to exchange the right hand one the first pin was positioned to far foward . i hope this answers some of your questions

#5 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:13 AM

Check this thread out -

http://www.gmh-toran...showtopic=25784

Cheers,
Mick

#6 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:47 PM

Have thay upgraded LH-UC as well??

#7 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 03:42 PM

Have thay upgraded LH-UC as well??

A new compound for other door seals is now in use and should be flowing through to all other door seals if it has not already done so

#8 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:33 AM

Good O.

As the hatch sits too high and the neighbours complain about noise when I try to close the front doors.

How can I tell if I have the newer stock?

#9 _3point3_

_3point3_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

See "LOWS2" thread above.
The "new" ones are 2-part rubber (hard into the channel, soft for the seal), even the clip holes line up!! Just ask if they are the "NEW" ones. If not do not buy!! :furious:

#10 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:58 PM

Cheers.

e-mail sent to you Les.

Cheers

#11 _Machine_

_Machine_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:34 PM

How much is a full set for an LJ 2 door?

#12 _NURVUS_

_NURVUS_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:52 AM

Can someone PLEASE tell rare spares in other states that there is a new rubber!!

#13 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:23 PM

Does anyone have a sample of an original GMH hatch rear door seal?

#14 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:29 AM

Does anyone have a sample of an original GMH hatch rear door seal?

Hatch seal that lays in the shell?
Maybe soon.

#15 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:30 PM

That sounds like it.

All I need is a sample from an original so please don't tear up a good one.

Let me know when you know more.

Cheers

#16 _BCR42Y_

_BCR42Y_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:23 AM

Instead of starting a new thread, thought I would bring this one up first, how has everyone that has purchased the upgraded seals found them?

Also, I need to replace the boot seal, was there a upgraded seal for the boot also, or were the original ones ok to use?

#17 _Chamois hatch_

_Chamois hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:55 PM

i purchased a hatch seal 6 months ago, panel shop said the hatch lid sits perfect without the seal...but the seal makes the hatch lid sit about an inch high, absolute rubbish.....

here's the problem....

Posted Image

im still am going to try to make adjustments but its not looking good.

Edited by Chamois hatch, 20 February 2009 - 02:57 PM.

#18 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:01 PM

i purchased a hatch seal 6 months ago, panel shop said the hatch lid sits perfect without the seal...but the seal makes the hatch lid sit about an inch high, absolute rubbish.....

here's the problem....

im still am going to try to make adjustments but its not looking good.

Chamois hatch
Give Lance Corby a ring at Rare Spares 03 93036400 on Monday or email him [email protected] he is our fitment guru I have already sent him the link to this topic
Les

#19 _ass308_

_ass308_
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:47 PM

hey chamois hatch,least u got the rubber to go around the top corner,and stay in the channel.i cant do that.my hatch however,shuts way better than that.theres something way wrong there :(.do u have a packer between the hinge and the hatch ?.im not suggesting a packer would lift it that high,unless it was a inch.but i am curious,as changing packer size,for me,by only a little bit,bought my hatch down nicely.
are u sure thats a hatch seal ?,it looks big after studing it for a while
i am currently hitting my door rubbers every day with rubber majic,and it seems to be working.they were,old stock bought years ago.been through several summers on the car,with the doors shut and they still wouldnt shut properly.

#20 _ass308_

_ass308_
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:31 PM

hey chamois hatch :)
theese arent the best shots but i just snapped them off.the hatch seal i got from rarespares
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
does your rubber look like that.
i dont want to insult u,by asking if its in the right way :<_<: .but are u sure it is ?.your rubber sits way to high,to be like mine

#21 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

I am told that Rare Spares are revamping the LC/LJ Door seals is this true? I am also told they will be out by mid year?

Anyone have an news on this.

Cheers,

Dags350

They have been a long time comming here is the approved sample sorry about the video quality http://www.youtube.c...h?v=uW52abJQsdI

#22 goxu1

goxu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:4/73 Cyan Metallic GTR XU-1

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:46 PM

OK , I've asked this before , but never got a reply , Can I take my old set back
to American Autos and get an exchange ?
2 years on and plenty of "rubber magic" and still the doors won't close properly.

#23 WhiteA9XS

WhiteA9XS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Name:Shaun
  • Car:LJ LX
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:20 AM

i purchased a set of LJ door rubbers a few months ago , was told they were the new ones and installed them last week used rubber magic 3 times , the doors are harder to shut than before , either the guy at rares in bayswater was lying or the rubbers are still crap .

#24 _hkbathurst_

_hkbathurst_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:55 PM

i purchased a set of LJ door rubbers a few months ago , was told they were the new ones and installed them last week used rubber magic 3 times , the doors are harder to shut than before , either the guy at rares in bayswater was lying or the rubbers are still crap .

Hi 830 I fitted a set of new rubbers recently to my lc and they fit nicely ,still a bit of a slam to shut but door sits nicely on the gaps but they do have sh*t plastic clips that keep braking but its not a bad product ,If you let them settle and contact adhesive when necessary they fit and suit the car ,just a liitle extra work. The earlier rubbers wont fit unless your name was David Copperfield so i totally agree but Id give the new rubbers thumbs up unless you can find original just need a little pacience. Cheers Dazza

#25 WhiteA9XS

WhiteA9XS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Name:Shaun
  • Car:LJ LX
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:21 AM

i,m sure i got the last old set ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users