79 replies to this topic

#76 toryman76

toryman76

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:12 PM

Further update. I decided to proceed with the  new fork, ball and NOS bearing. Engines back in and I've done around 3-400km and so far so good. I haven't heard or felt anything nasty and the 'box shifts smooth as. One thing though, I left the spring at the pedal disconnected as some have mentioned in previous posts. Cable seems to be staying on, but then again I haven't knocked the cable yet! Anyway I think I have finally resolved this once and for all.  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:

#77 308 Sunbird

308 Sunbird

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Name:Stuart
  • Car:SS Hatch, 308 Sunbird sedan-Improved Prod racer (sold), HZ Kingy wagon

Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:47 PM

Hope so mate has been some saga.  :spoton:

#78 toryman76

toryman76

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 10:33 AM

yes you're not wrong Stuart!

#79 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,016 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:36 PM

Hey mate my sons torana project has a full clutch cable set up that was for the T5 gearbox which is no longer in it we have v8 Aussie 4 speed for it I have a cable bell housing just not sure on the fork or throw out bearing... here is a pic of the bell housing and 2 clutch forks I have I was told I needed to use the vn type throw out bearing so it sits in the two round bits on clutch fork... but the vn throw out bearing seems a little loose on the input shaft... what bearing did you use???

6e1dafa833d2e30dc4cd18968f9f5449.jpg9a78fd57d31f6044f956f9f48762e456.jpgdfbad17c98b737b67c779b0b80f9e3ae.jpg

#80 toryman76

toryman76

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 08:29 AM

Hey mate. Sorry for not seeing this. Forum keeps sending my notifications to junk email. Firstly one of those forks looks well bent! I ended up buying a brand new fork because I felt my original was bent and worn causing part of my adjustment issue. I wouldn't hesitate in buying a new fork. Much better construction. Better fit to the bearing but only downside is you can't get the fork out of the bellhousing without removing the bellhousing because over all it is bigger. I figured this wasn't a major issue. I ended up getting a nos bearing off eBay. This had a much better radiused face to mate with clutch fingers. If I were you I would hunt down a nos bearing as nothing I've seen new comes close to the right shape. If you do have to use a new bearing buy one from dellows as they machine up a steel carrier and press it on to new bearings. I personally wouldn't use a t5 plastic type. Too many articles on line about failures. Fyi the height of a t5 bearing and a steel carrier plus new bearing is the same. I didn't measure the diameter though when I compared them a while back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users