LX TORANA SEAT COVERS ON EBAY

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 _plumcrazy_

_plumcrazy_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:29 PM

On ebay a pair of LX Torana Seat Covers in Genuine "Australian" (not malaysian) Nylex Slate Seat Covers . Sewn with calico back foam and correct guage thread like Holden used. You wont get better anywhere , this guy has trimmed more award winning Toranas and Monaros than anyone over the years . He is not in the spotlight these days so many dont know him and go to the "big" places that advertise plenty . But if you want the best money can buy , these are the covers are for you . I am told he will not make more as he is too busy these days . So anyone who wants them i would not muck around .
HOLDEN TORANA LX Seatcovers suit SLR 5000-A9X
Item number: 180246512998

#2 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,006 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:33 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com....?Vi...y0=&fvi=1

#3 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:13 AM

So these are really to replace your whole seat as such and not a cover as in a sheepskin seat cover ??? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question ...

#4 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:42 AM

any covers will only fit as well as the person fitting them. torana seats are 30 odd years old,and i have not seen one yet that was the same shape as it left the factory.so for a spot on finish you are best to get a trimmer to do it.

#5 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:39 AM

no offence to the guy but last week he was selling them for $1400, they didnt sell so a great way to sell them was jack the price up $200

#6 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:38 AM

They look fanastic though...wonder if there are plans for 19V?

#7 _plumcrazy_

_plumcrazy_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:46 AM

I give up with you guys , i think some "restoration" seminars need to be in order to bring many people up to speed to help understand how to undertake a restoration . This guy does not publicly trim Monaros and Toranas any more due to this mentality , the GT Ford people appreciate the quality and hence only the upper crust of the Torana, Monaro and Ford GT people benefit from his work now when he gets a free moment .
I am only trying to help , with with all the "experts" on here who can do better i am sure you will sort your own trim needs out .

#8 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:02 AM

I'm not sure if that post was justified... Has anyone here bagged this product? Kev made a pretty valid point about the price, moot is a motor trimmer by trade, so I'm sure his input is fairly relevant, and he didn't comment on the covers directly anyway... FastEH only said how good they look, Paul asked a valid question and Rob just posted the link...

What has made you give up on us?

EDIT: I'm interested in these Resto Seminars :spoton:

Tim

Edited by RIM-010, 30 May 2008 - 10:16 AM.

#9 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:09 AM

"restoration seminars" sounds cool, do i get free timeshare and steak knives !?

#10 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:11 AM

I am with Tim on this one, i think all questions or input was valid. So a Torana owner doesnt want to spend $1400 on new trim for his SLR (or whatever) as long as they are happy with how it looks who cares. i think most Torana owners get put their and drive their cars. If the 'uppercrust' want to spend it go for it, id say a GTR/XU1/L34/A9X owner would be happy to spend it as it would no doubt increase the value of their car.
As for the GT owners good on them if they want to piss their money away on a concourse resto so it becomes a trailer queen, no wonder I hardly ever see a genuine GT on the road.

#11 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:53 AM

I don't think this reaction was justified myself. I happen to know the trimmer in question here and his work is very good. I won't say too much else however. The only real question that was raised that I wondered about myself was why the increase in price if they didn't sell the first time. I think Moots point relates to the fact that once you buy these, you will need a professional to instal them on your seats.

#12 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:44 PM

I give up with you guys , i think some "restoration" seminars need to be in order to bring many people up to speed to help understand how to undertake a restoration .  This guy does not publicly trim Monaros and Toranas any more due to this mentality , the GT Ford people appreciate the quality and hence only the upper crust of the Torana, Monaro and Ford GT people benefit from his work now when he gets a free moment .
I am only trying to help , with with all the "experts" on here who can do better i am sure you will sort your own trim needs out .

i love it how people get there nose out of joint with some basic observations. :tease:

my comments are from a fitting point of view,and have nothing to do with the quality of the covers. it doesnt matter how good the covers are if there fitted by blind harry.

as for 'expert' opinion, well, i'm 2nd generation trimmer who owns a business established in 1975. so i'm guessing that doesnt meet you standards as 'expert' :clap:

as for the quality, looks very good,and the price reflects this.

Edited by moot, 30 May 2008 - 12:45 PM.

#13 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:44 PM

No Pallbag, not a silly question at all.

They are meant to replace the entire current vinyl/cloth seats, not just a cover as in a sheep skin cover to keep your tiny little, but extremely cute @rse from getting burnt by the red hot sun that's been beating down like a demon on your car all day ... Might add tho, you may need a qualified fitter or help from someone with a fair amount experience to fit them if you are planning to do it yourself for that perfect fit.

I do hear tho that a seminar in upholstery restoration is coming up soon !!! :rockon:

#14 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:49 PM

Thanks Pallbag !!!!!

#15 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,006 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

Thanks Pallbag !!!!!

You're welcome :blink:

#16 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:42 AM

From memory there were 3 sets available in the original listing for buy it now. I assume this is perhaps the last set so the price is higher. No doubt good work but would hestitate to claim best when there are comparable quality. Just a matter of doing you homework when considering buying anything.

Edited by Toranavista, 31 May 2008 - 09:42 AM.

#17 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:29 PM

This is the last time these will be listed, if they don't sell I will make them available to other companies that retail other items I already supply them. Thier retail price will be greater than this and they always sell everything I supply them, nothing lasts too long.

#18 _plumcrazy_

_plumcrazy_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:09 AM

Thanks for giving me an understanding of the Torana marketplace . Much appreciated.

#19 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:05 AM

boomfunk,can you pm me your phone number? i have a genuine xu1 i have to trim and need to pick ya brain on vinyls etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users