Photo

MS OIL Sticker

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 _LC870_

_LC870_
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

LC870 just wanted to clarify what you are saying, did you mean that the writing is screen printed onto the oil cap or its a decal that is screen printed then applied to the cap?

ck1971.

Hi  ck1971.

Sorry  was  not  real  clear  in  my  last  post .

The  writing  was  screen  printed  directly  on  to  the  cap .

Regards  LC870

#27 _Waldorf_

_Waldorf_
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

Yes,screen printed and I base my statement on..................doing screen printing for 30yrs and would put my money on it being an ink called Cericol

#28 _ck1971_

_ck1971_
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:37 PM

Thanks LC870 & Waldorf I too though it was printed onto the cap but I'm no expert in the field of screen printing so it's good to get some input from someone who has experience. I was basing my assumption on the fact that the printing is pretty rough, no sharp edges to the letters (surely a decal would be sharper than that)' there is no evidence of weathering/ageing of the decal, you'd think you would see some sort of deterioration in 40 odd years and maybe it would be quicker to print them rather than put a decal on.

ck1971.

#29 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,582 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

gees, I could answer that,

in the Drink Industry, we print date codes on each bottle at 1.000 bottles a Minute, and is clear,

on the other hand, bottles 20 years ago were at a fraction of the speed with less technology to do a perfect job. Dave I

#30 _ck1971_

_ck1971_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

How was it done 20 years ago?

ck1971.

#31 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,582 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

just slow old technology inkjet printers, now is laser and inkjet better quality printing.

the ink fires between two High Frequency plates in the Printing Head, and the Frequency is what directs the ink to form all the letters and numbers on to each bottle in a blink of an eye,

the Laser one burns all the letters and numbers onto each bottle, have a look at a Drink bottle next time to see if it is Ink or Laser done. Dave I

#32 Indy Orange

Indy Orange

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,840 posts
  • Name:Paul

Posted 15 August 2021 - 12:11 AM

Hi Craig,The gold oii caps were only fitted on HT monaro's 186'S and they had also a gold air cleaner and a gold fan also,and i do think the hk 186'S were the same too.The return spring mounted on that bracket was fitted on early 1969 gtr's and also on ht monaro's 186'S too,It was changed that return spring bracket it used to bend up from the intense heat,and then moved the the corner,of the battery tray on the gtr's in 1970.The oil caps on the 1970 gtr's were silver and so was the fan too.The rocker cover stickers weren't fitted on lc gtr's,only one air filter with the 2600 S sticker.The stickers on the rocker cover in the photo's were only promotional only.The lj gtr's had the silver oil cap and the fan too,but the air filter was chrome as the same on lc gtr's.The lc xu-1 only had the silver oil cap,a black fan and no stickers on the cover too.The 71 lc gtr's had the return spring mounted behind the carby.Cheers John.

Going back through an old thread I noticed mention of the carburettor return spring being mounted behind the carby, for a 71 GTR ,can someone confirm this ,mine is connected to the battery tray.Ta! Paul.

#33 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 15 August 2021 - 11:32 AM

I wouldn't lose sleep over it Paul. I've seen at least 4 different ways of mounting the carby return spring on LC GTRs.The only one that I know is 100% definitive is hooking the return spring into the hole in the battery tray.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users