Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:57 PM

Laz

I have sent you a PM if you can confirm you recieved

Regards David.

#52 _LXXXIV_

_LXXXIV_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:27 PM

Drawn a blank this end -- trouble is finding the people who would know after 30 odd years
Good luck with the other leads -- we know the 4 door was there
D

thankyou for trying dave,

I'll keep trying through other leads.

If I come up with something I'll keep you posted.
:spoton:

#53 _L32M20_

_L32M20_
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:54 PM

wow!i remember when i was about 15 years old . in the main street of bowral nsw (bong bong st, yeah look it up if you dont believe me)and an old dude pulled up outside wheelers holden dealer in a hatch that looked identical to this one.the only difference was ,it had rollcage .he told us it was a real promotional car one of a couple that he had bought already painted like this. ive often wondered what became of that awesome looking car,it certainly left quite an impression on a young bloke!Posted Image

#54 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:25 AM

I have Pics of the A9X Hatch HDT Promo Car that was in Tassy,It was in the Launceston Car Museum on Display,it had Hotwire Mags on it and a Rear Roll Cage,im sure it came from South Australia and it was the one in the History of Torana mag.
A bloke name Rodney French from Devonport Tasmania owned it,but he Sold it to a guy in Melbourne,so its in Melbourne now not Tasmania,there are story that Rodney French got $200,000-$300,000 for it when he sold it,So a good price.

The pics of the one Fly Posted up i have a Unique Car Add of that Car and it was For Sale in N.S.W for $15,000-$25,000
It says it was the Wheels Test Car February 1978,and the Car was going to a Auction on 27 March at South Coast Auctions Wollongong
It List it HT Engine Number in Full in the Add.

And in Unique Car there was a Add for the Holden A9X Hatch,it was the Lightweight A9X for Bob Jane it was in South Australia for sale
It list its Chassis Number,the Car is painted in White all over,with Chrome Bumpers, Best Offer is the price on the add.

And i have a Add of the EX-HDT A9X Race Car for sale,its in Victoria for sale(Its the Negus HDT A9X,No.4)
The price is $45,000 So the Negus HDT A9X Hatch must of been in Vic at some stage.

#55 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:41 AM

The first car you refer to is back in Tasmania.
The second car is in Sydney.
The Bob Jane spare is not one of the 33 A9X rolling shells, it's a lightwieght special originally supplied for sports sedans along with the orange car.
The ex Negus hatch was in Vic at one stage, owned by the same guy who later had the 79 Brock hatch, and he now has the spare Bob Jane shell above. Paul Stubber now has the Negus hatch

#56 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

Thanks REDA9X
Never knew the HDT Promo A9X Hatch came back to Tassy,but good to hear.Where the Bob Jane Light Weight White A9X Hatch now,that still about.
Be very interesting how well they would have gone at Le-Mans had they went,shame it never happened,The two light weight one must be nearly the rarest of the A9X Hatches other than the 33 Race Shells.

#57 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:14 PM

Ok i Just re-read your reply,The Bob Jane Light Weight one is owned by the guy that used to own Negus No.4 HDT Hatch in Vic.
Thanks for the info REDA9X
I heard REDA9X the Black A9X Hatch from Hobart,the Ex WIN TV Cameraman Car(The Biante Model)is now in Qld,was in Awesome condition when i last seen it,it was at Dave Powell Super wheels Car yard in Hobart For Sale then it vanished,So im guessing thats when it went to Mainland.

#58 05Torana

05Torana

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:37 PM

The Bob Jane spare is not one of the 33 A9X rolling shells, it's a lightwieght special originally supplied for sports sedans along with the orange car.
The ex Negus hatch was in Vic at one stage, owned by the same guy who later had the 79 Brock hatch, and he now has the spare Bob Jane shell above. Paul Stubber now has the Negus hatch

I am lead to believe that Rodney French then purchased an orange (dont know if it was Papaya or Valencia Orange) four door A9X Prototype through Shannons Melbourne auction a couple of years ago.
Definetly had a Salisbury rear end with drum brakes.

Does anybody know anything about this car!

#59 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:34 PM

The Bob Jane cars were not designed to go to Le Mans, that was Bob Forbes. One car is Orange and in Canberra, the other is the Janson 79 hatch.
The car Rodney French bought is apparently a prototype. When the car was for sale I had a lot of people asking me about it, but the fact was I could not put my hand on my heart and say yes this is a genuine car, and I never saw it in the flesh. IT's still on the Shannons site. I'm sure it's red, not orange.

#60 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:20 PM

REDA9X
Who was going to take them to Le-mans,Was it Holden or HDT or some other team,wonder how they would of been painted up in war paint.
Hope it was HDT,would of looked awesome the A9X Hatches in HDT War paint at Le-Mans,Been interesting how they would of went,but Like the Should of been 1972 Bathurst Race with the LJ XU-1 V8 vs XA GTHO Phase 4,we will never know.

#61 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:43 PM

In a Street Machine Mag i have here,there a story on the light weight A9X Hatch,its not the Janson one its the other one,have to dig it up.
And i have a Custom Rodder Magazine there is a A9X Hatch owned by Geoff Paton of Super-Plus Dandenong,its a A9X Race Shell built for Circuit Racing (HDT,Grice etc.) So magazine says.
The pics are in Black&white so Hatch might be a white Colour,it has the Huge Ass HDT Wheels on it(Phase 4 Looking Wheels,HDT Used)the Car Running a 350 Chev,Trans is a Turbo 400,Diff Ration is 3.90 and Front Seats are Schiel Seats.
It Runs 12.78 over the Q/Mile,it has a letter Box type scoop on bonnet,Its Vic Rego this car.
Super Plus in Dandenong was a High Performance place in Vic,the Custom Rodder Magazine is Dated Aug-Sept 1980

#62 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

Thanks REDA9X
Never knew the HDT Promo A9X Hatch came back to Tassy,but good to hear.Where the Bob Jane Light Weight White A9X Hatch now,that still about.
Be very interesting how well they would have gone at Le-Mans had they went,shame it never happened,The two light weight one must be nearly the rarest of the A9X Hatches other than the 33 Race Shells.

There are 2 promo hatches in tassie now the ex hdt assigned car and the adelaide car.The adelaide car is as it left holdens ownership[40,000 original kms] complete with paperwork on engine modifications done by HDT and roll cage. Now sports yongbloods and been cleaned up and detailed superbly.Somewhere in the last couple owners the new original aircleaner and its original wheels and radiator overflow cap were pilffered.The adelaide car has the same roll cage and holley carby and hotwires as promo car in WA.They are both K coded cars and are consecutive cars off the production line.

#63 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:27 PM

Thats Awesome that Tassy has both the HDT Promo cars here,i hope one Day the Black A9X Hatch with the white Interior comes back to Tassy and the Black A9X 4-Door with the Speced up Group C Race Engine,most of the Tassy Motors Hobart Sold A9X's are over the Mainland these Days.

#64 _promo hatch_

_promo hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

Just some recent photos of my promo hatch that is the woodsvill garage car that now lives in tas.
information is correct Outer control cheers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#65 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:15 PM

Great Pics of the HDT Promo car,be awsome to get the Two Tassy HDT Promo car's together in some pics

#66 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:37 PM

REDA9X
Who was going to take them to Le-mans,Was it Holden or HDT or some other team,wonder how they would of been painted up in war paint.
Hope it was HDT,would of looked awesome the A9X Hatches in HDT War paint at Le-Mans,Been interesting how they would of went,but Like the Should of been 1972 Bathurst Race with the LJ XU-1 V8 vs XA GTHO Phase 4,we will never know.

As I said, Bob Forbes had the shells to go to Le Mans. They were green and gold as in the Aussie colours.

#67 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

REDA9X

As I said, Bob Forbes had the shells to go to Le Mans. They were green and gold as in the Aussie colours.

Im guessing this would be one of them. http://www.finecars....0606/index.html

#68 _Rana Girl_

_Rana Girl_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:29 AM

Just a couple of the pics I've got of the Tassie hatch being discussed. One's above must be more recent the as it no longer wears the hotwire's

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Rana Girl, 06 September 2009 - 09:31 AM.

#69 _warriorcowboy_

_warriorcowboy_
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

Not Sure if this is of any interest to anyone but the pictures posted by slr5640Posted11 December 2008 -10:02 PM were taken in a park in Adelaidewhen my dad had the car. It would have been around 1986. I�ll find out where hesold it on to. Brought back some brilliant memories, we lived in the centre of Adelaide and during thegrand prix fortnight we had a residents pass so used drive around parts of thegrand prix circuit a bit fast. Absolutely loved the car, spent many a journeyrattling around in between the cage trying to keep time on the stop watch tosee how fast we could get to 60. We only sold it because we moved back to the UKafter living over there for 9 years and couldn�t justify the cost to bring itover with us. Used to spend every Sunday morning cleaning and polishing it.

Cheers

#70 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:18 PM

Llandudno....

That's Wales if i'm not mistaken, on the beach from memory.

You are posting a long way.

Welcome.

Cymru am byth

#71 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

What are the centres on these mags ?

Posted Image

#72 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:45 PM

I am lead to believe that Rodney French then purchased an orange (dont know if it was Papaya or Valencia Orange) four door A9X Prototype through Shannons Melbourne auction a couple of years ago.
Definetly had a Salisbury rear end with drum brakes.

Does anybody know anything about this car!

Manderin red

#73 _Rana Girl_

_Rana Girl_
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:42 PM

What are the centres on these mags ?

taken through a fingerprint smudged window but here's a better look at them....

Attached Files

Edited by Rana Girl, 23 December 2009 - 01:43 PM.

#74 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:45 PM

Thanks Rana Girl

#75 05Torana

05Torana

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:41 AM

There may have been an extra sedan and four hatches, however, the only ones used specifically by HDT and Marlboro were the ones I described. The aditional sedan may have been used in the same fashion as the third hatch I described and been used by Holden rather than HDT and Marlboro. I have seen the paperwork from both tasmanian cars and all the codes etc are the same, the paintwork was also completed by the same person. I know the two HDT hatches were Vic rego IXT-374 and IXT 375 and I think the sedan was IXT 373 from memory but I'd have to double check that. The thrird hatch from memory was used in SA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users