Best way to kill wasps

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 _SLR Goat_

_SLR Goat_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:40 PM

Whats the best way to kill wasps got a big nest of them in my driveway i let them slide for a while but now one of them stung me and they are all gunna die now

#2 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

at night, lighter and can of deodorant or similiar...

#3 _jake_

_jake_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:04 PM

we had one out the back under the veranda thing... what happened was, i got the mortein stuff, and dad held the door open to the laundry, and i snuck up and sprayed right into the nest and then piss bolted and like jumped over the chair and into the laundry and dad shut the door behind me... then only one wasp survived and it dared return... so dad sprayed it and voila. All gone.

of course dont do this if you think they will catch you and beat you down! lol

#4 _urkss_

_urkss_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

get the pest man in, these are one mean mother f**ker when stirred up, had then at the house next door. the pest man sprayed them on dusk, then tapped up the hole, after stuffing cotton wool in there. he told me to come over and listen at the wall, as they were stuck in there, shit they were going off. they were trying to eat there way out through the timber boards. it took about 3 visits to kill em. you have to get the queen...urkss

#5 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:15 PM

My first thoughts were ,if I could get them in a box ,who would I send it to !

#6 _SLR Goat_

_SLR Goat_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

These are the paper wasp variety that make those kinda cool nests got a can of supercheap degreaser and sprayed them just then they dropped pretty quickly found another 2 nests around the house so sprayed them aswell might have to keep them in check from now on

#7 _clinto_

_clinto_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

Ive found that the degreaser works pretty well on ants too heh

Though i think it may be the propellant or something else in the can because wheel/tyre shine works too

Dont ask me why i know :spoton:

#8 _SableMet7/73_

_SableMet7/73_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:29 PM

As Skapinad said,
something flamable in a can & cig lighter & bolt!!!
Your avatar cracks me up Goat, my crap PC has
me doing this regularly. :D

Jono

#9 _SLR Goat_

_SLR Goat_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

My first thoughts were ,if I could get them in a box ,who would I send it to !

Maybe i should have tried to talk the wasps into moving on to the bogan neighbours next door

#10 _JBM_

_JBM_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:17 PM

they are all gunna die now

LMAO

Surface spray with a long nozzle then piss bolt inside.

James

#11 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:38 PM

with small ones i get a old catalog roll it up light the end and burn the nest at night... bigger ones you better hope they can't fly faster than you can run..

#12 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

I had the same problem years ago,i used a can of wd-40 and a lighter,i cooked the lot of them,i stayed there with them,i was wearing a full crash helmet,2 thick scafs,thick pair of overalls and leather gloves,used duct tape sleeves to gloves.and the bottoms too boots.and no stings,cheers.

#13 _SLR Goat_

_SLR Goat_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

I took a hit on the knee while spraying them didnt hurt as bad as the bee stings i got the other day made my leg swell up where i took the hit

#14 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:40 PM

Best thing ive found to use is spray adhesive (spray glue) it sticks wings together instantly (even in mid flight, they just drop to the ground) and you just spray/seal all over the nest like a sticky cocoon.

Then you can remove the nest and of course the glue is flamable so you can light it in a safe place and it burns like a charm !

MT

#15 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

That sounds the way to do it with spray glue,cheers.

#16 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:41 AM

I would suggest mortein surface spray...that stuff is instantly lethal on cockroaches...and you know how long they can hang on for.....It is so good I killed a cocky in the bathroom and chucked him in the bin...the next night there was another dead one there..the next night another...good stuff

#17 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:52 AM

I used the mortein wasp spray with good results after I found out they dont like petrol lol.
I like the spray glue method.

#18 _torana06_

_torana06_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:26 PM

Roundhouse Kick!

#19 _Courage_

_Courage_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:47 PM

Just to add, wasp colonies are really smart. If you aproach the nest and start spraying there is a chance they will mess you up.

Also, there will be a reason you have wasps either you have heaps of spiders or lots of bees in your area. If you take out the wasps then you are going to get more the others ... i'm presuming these are paper wasps?

As mentioned night is the best time as it is cooler and then slow down an aweful lot, most of them will be in the nest. Depending on its location i would use either a spray can with enamal paint in it or degreaser/petrol

This will kill the wasps and wreck the nest.

- Check my thread on killing the spider i used degreaser and set it on fire... sooo should have recorded it

#20 _soss_

_soss_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

get yourself some cislin or coopex insectiside ,from your local chemical distributor ,,here in adelaide its sold by jade chemicals ,,used by all hotels and food chains including food prosessing plants so is safe as ,, i use cislin and on my property you wont see any! flys wasps bees ants roaches spiders or any insect at all,,no effect an anything warm blooded so no harm to cats dogs birds / wildlife in genral,,if you want to pm an email adress i can shoot you the mds on this product,, i wood post 4 all to see but not that clever ,,once sprayed lasts about 3 months,,takes a while to get used to the silence of no flys though

#21 _The Stig_

_The Stig_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:29 PM

Back when I was working as a mechanic we used to get European wasps in the workshop all the time, I used to put the red plastic tube into a can of carby cleaner and spray them with that - their wings seemed to dissolve in thin air and they fell to the ground instantly. If you left them there long enough they'd fly away (Dunno how) but it was easy to step on them and kill them. I wouldn't try this with a nest though, borax powder around the outside will kill them (European wasps make their nests in holes in the ground). Paper wasps I have no experience with, and the yellow wasps you get in Perth are absolute whimps, you can spray them quite safely with mortein and they seem to just die instantly. I had plenty of nests under the capping on my fence when I lived there, and I wasn't game to do it at first (They look a lot like Euro wasps, which are vicious bas###ds!), but my wife was braver than me. No probs killing them off at all!

#22 _SLR Goat_

_SLR Goat_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:45 PM

The supercheap export degreaser i used did a good i dont want to get rid of all the pests i dont mind bees the geckos eat the mozzies and huntsman spiders seem to keep the nasty spiders in check

#23 mr5000

mr5000

chief break-everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Car:77 lx 4door

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

arsenic powder thats what the pest guy used on wasps in the wall at ours next day all dead if u cant get ur hands on that crc carbie cleaner we use it at work for flyspray kils redbacks in seconds

#24 _The Stig_

_The Stig_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

arsenic powder thats what the pest guy used on wasps in the wall at ours next day all dead if u cant get ur hands on that crc carbie cleaner we use it at work for flyspray kils redbacks in seconds

Probably works out cheaper than flyspray, in the long run - 1 drop does more than a 10 second burst of flyspray!

#25 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

Must be wasp breeding season...I killed a nest with a few tonight....Mortein Lure and kill cocky surface spray....I sprayed them, they took flight...fell out of the air dead..that quick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users