Its Official - GMH-Torana.com.au\QTCC Drag Day at Willowbank

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#1 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

G'day to you all.

Well we are all ready to rock and roll. The track has been booked, I have been invoiced and now I am requesting payments to be made as soon as possible please.

Details are below.

Please feel free to copy the text below to other forums or clubs that you think may be interested.

Im looking forward to seeing you out there.

Cheers,

Tony

QTCC\GMH-Torana.com.au Drag Day at Willowbank Raceway
Saturday 28th March 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines !!

Well, at least get them ready for racing. That’s right, its time to start thinking about how you are going to extract a few extra horse power to propel your beast down the quarter mile in the quickest time possible.

The Queensland Torana Car Club is holding a joint drag day with GMH-Torana.com.au on the
28th March 2009. The event is to take place at Willowbank Raceway and is to loosely coincide with a similar event being run by the GMH-Torana.com.au gang in Victoria on the 1st March the NSW guys in April.

Cost is $50 per competitor and that will get a spectator in as well. This will also allow you to compete in the test and tune session afterwards. Spectator only is $19, once again giving access to the Test and Tune. Children under 13 are free of charge. The fee represents great value for money. The track will be available to us exclusively for 2 hours in which time you will get plenty of runs (at least 4-5, probably more). Plus you get to have a few goes in the Test and Tune if you wish.

The track has been booked for the 28th March. Gates open at 2pm and racing will kick off at 2:30pm. The track will fully prepared with a safety crew on hand and catering will be available.

Trophies will be awarded although the categories have not been finalised as yet. They will be something like; Fastest Car, Most Exciting Run, Best Reaction Time (Male and Female), Closest Finish, Most Embarrassing Loss, Make Us Wait (oil downs) etc

So, if you have ever wanted to experience the thrill of drag racing but have been a bit nervous about doing it in front of a big crowd, this is your perfect opportunity to have a go.

All types or Torana’s are encouraged to attend, stock, race, show, whatever. If numbers permit, we will also try and accommodate other types of Hot Holdens. Let me know what you’ve got and I’ll see what I can do.

For those interested in competing please make your $50 payment as soon as possible. I will need all payments to be made no later than Friday 6th March 2009. Once you have paid you are racing. If for whatever reason you pay and change your mind you will need to find someone else to take your place. I will assist in anyway possible to help find a replacement.

Please make cheque or money orders payable to “Anthony Standfield” and send to “11 Muir Court, Alexandra Hills QLD 4161”.

Please also include your name and or forum name so I can identify you. If you include a contact number or email address as well I will be in touch to gather details of your car etc for recording purposes.

Alternatively you can direct deposit\internet bank your payment to me. Details are:

Account Name – Anthony Standfield
Bank West
BSB: 303 092
Account Number: 0408128
Once again, please use your name or forum name in the reference field so I can keep a track of payments. If you can email me to advise you have paid that would be greatly appreciated.

IMPORTANT NOTE - The dopey organiser of this event (me) didnt realise that Bank West will NOT accpet a payment to my account at a Branch. Online payment is fine however you will not be able to pay in person at Bank West. If you wish to pay at a branch it will have to be Westpac and I will give you the details over the phone if you choose this option. My apologies for not knowing what sort of account I have

My details are :
[email protected] or [email protected]

Phone and SMS – 0410 032 727 or Home 07 3824 3967

Safety Equipment.
Willowbank Raceway has advised that all drivers will need an approved Helmet (AS1698), long sleeved shirt, long pants (no shorts) and covered shoes (no thongs).

You will also need a radiator overflow bottle if your car is not equipped with one (plastic coke bottle and zip ties will suffice).

QTCC Members – as this is a sanctioned club run those on SIV registration are welcome to attend.

If you have any questions what so ever, please don’t hesitate to call me on one of the numbers above.

Hope to see you out there !!

Stay Cool and Drive Safe,

Tony Standfield
President – Queensland Torana Car Club.

#2 _Torana308_

_Torana308_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:16 PM

I will make my payment this week. Will PM when it is done

#3 antelopeslr5000

antelopeslr5000

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Car:1977 LX SL/R 5000

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:26 AM

I'm assuming that spectators can just pay on the day, no need to pay in advance?

#4 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:17 AM

^ Thats right mate. Just pay at the gate. It is only the racers that need to pay in advance. Speaking of which, I have only recieved 4 definates so far. I really dont want to call on the boost-cruisers to make up numbers fellas..... time is running out and I will not be left out of pocket on this event. I will be PM'ing all those who expressed interest today.

Cheers,

Tony

#5 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

My details are :
Email – [email protected] or [email protected]

Ooops, I dont know how to spell my own name....

My email address is [email protected] or [email protected]

Mods - can you please amend in the opening post please?

Cheers,

Tony

#6 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:19 AM

Ooops, I dont know how to spell my own name....

My email address is [email protected] or [email protected]

Mods - can you please amend in the opening post please?

Tony

Cheers,i am a def i will be bringing two cars give u the money at munchies is that ok

#7 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:34 AM

Rollo - PM sent

#8 _Torana308_

_Torana308_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:16 PM

If were short on Toranas for the day and open it up to other cars let me know, I have a mate who will bring his Commodore along

#9 _NSS308_

_NSS308_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:10 PM

Sweet as, im always up for a skid. count me in will send a cheque tomorrow

#10 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:56 AM

If were short on Toranas for the day and open it up to other cars let me know, I have a mate who will bring his Commodore along

No worries with the Commodore attending mate. Pass on the details and get him to come along :D

Cheers,

T

#11 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:04 AM

Lets see who has the Faster toranas!!!

VICTORIA OR QLD!!!

Ours dragday is on this Sunday! With everything thats been happening down here lately, it will be a good fun weekend!

Lets see who has the fastest car, and who has the slowest cars!!!!

Big T, I reckon my orange torana will be faster than your orange torana! :tease:

Fingers crossed you guys get some good conditions for racing! It looks like its going to be mid 20's down here for us! Which is spot on!!

#12 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:08 AM

Okay, we are halfway there Ladies and Gentleman. Only need another 15 participants for me to breathe easy !!

The list so far:

1 Big T
2 NURVUS
3 Mums Taxi
4 Skapinad
5 boblhslr
6 Rollo
7 Rollo
8 mra9x
9 Juicey
10 Tim
11 Posesssed Hatch
12 Brian
13 Torana308
14 waz355
15 NSS308

If you know of anyone else that may be keen to race (doesnt have to be a Torana) let them know and pass on the payment details etc. I need at least 30 cars but can take up to 60, although I will probably cap it at around 40 to ensure we all get a decent run.

A big thanks to those who have made payment already, your quick response is appreciated.

Cheers,

Tony

#13 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:18 AM

Big T, I reckon my orange torana will be faster than your orange torana! :tease:

Oh, I see, so a challenge has been thrown down hey !! You're on Matt. How about the loser has a degrading signature for a month. Something like "Big T is just pure awesome, and when I get some class, I will have a Fast Orange Torana just like his". :tease:

*runs away to check previous posts for Matts times last year.....*

Edited by Big T, 24 February 2009 - 11:27 AM.

#14 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:21 AM

Deal! LOL Sounds like fun! And if i win, i get to choose what yours will say! LOL.... Already got a few ideas! HAHA

Edited by MRLXSS, 24 February 2009 - 11:21 AM.

#15 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:37 AM

"MRLXSS - 290 LX Hatch - 14.70 @ 94.5mph"

Should I even bother running the Torana? I reckon the Echo could run a faster time :P

#16 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

No Longer A Contributing Ninja/Member.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Name:Em

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:56 AM

^ :spit: BWAAHAHAHAAA it's on now!

#17 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:18 PM

HAHA! You should have a look at the details of the day that it was run on Tony! LOL and also the mods made since! LOL!!!!

You aiming for 13's?

#18 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:33 PM

Mate, I am aiming to make it down the 1/4 in one piece and actually cross the finishing line. Any time posted is a bonus :D

I am under strict (and sensible) instructions to take it easy until I get used to the car and the whole drag racing thing. I would love to run a 13 but Im not confident of doing so just yet. Maybe a mid to low 14 is closer to reality. Whatever the case, the deal is still on and I dont think a 308 will have a problem smoking a 253..... hehehehe

#19 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:45 PM

Sweet then! Should be a close contest i reckon! I'm hoping for a low 14, maybe fluke a high 13

May the best torana win!

psst.... Its a 290 not a 253! LOL

#20 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:54 AM

Tony, your time to beat is 14.49 @ 94.22mph! I'll post a timeslip up soon as evidence! LOL

HAHA! I also expect to see a heap of big smokey burnouts!

In the case of a Tie, we will take into account the Reaction times, off the top of my head i can't recall what mine was for this run.

*goes off to think about a really funny signature for Big T*

Edited by MRLXSS, 02 March 2009 - 11:04 AM.

#21 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

14.49 hey. Hmmm, considering my car cant go 100 metres (let alone 400 metres) with out dying in the arse at the moment you may have that one in the bag !! I am determined to have it all good by the 28th though.

* goes off to Toymods to see how to tweak a Corolla just in case*

#22 _Yellow Gal_

_Yellow Gal_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

Mr T.
You have done it again... good on ya. Hope to see you on the 28th looking forwrd to it. You should talk to Howard he has a race car sitting in his shed, but has not played wiyh it for a long time.
Lakeside was awesome, and so was Aggro. I have some great photo's of him on the track , but you know me , can not get them on the GMH -Torana site.
Cheers Yellow Gal :D

#23 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

Hey Jeanette, what are Howards contact details, I will give him a buzz and get to come out and play. Are you going to race on the 28th?

If you want me to post the photos up, send them to me at [email protected] or, have a look at this thread and see if you can get them to work. How to post pics directly to GMH-Torana

Look forward to seeing you on the 28th.

Stay Cool,

Tony

Edited by Big T, 02 March 2009 - 02:43 PM.

#24 _OLC383_

_OLC383_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:49 PM

Big T not sure if you got my PM, but theres also a 2 day meeting on at warick that weekend, & the owner/ driver of my LC ( the missus) hasnt made up her mind yet, if we come out to the GMH-Torana day we'll properly turn up at the normal start time for the test'n'tune.
Cheers Wayne

#25 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:57 PM

No worries Wayne, will be good to see you there if you make it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users