• Guests

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

"The cheques in the mail"

#27 _waz355_

_waz355_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:23 PM

Can't wait for this day.

My car is set up ready to go. Not game to drive it untill then incase something breaks. Just going to let her rest till then, then wake her up and flog the arse out of it.

Are there many fast cars going. If so please give details?????

#28 _NURVUS_

_NURVUS_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:27 AM

I have a 383 LJ, I was hoping for low 11s at least but did some damage a couple of weeks ago. Block is at the machine shop, 1 piston sent from the states arrived in the country and is now missing, the seller of the wheels i bought on ebay is trying to send me a bill for double the sale price, and my slicks that came down on a truck from sydney are still on the same truck heading back to sydney.. so i had a thousand beers, threw up and gave myself a hernia.

Not sure if i'll make it.

#29 _waz355_

_waz355_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:29 PM

^^^^ You sound like your having some of my luck with ordering parts. Gave yourself a hernia, how do you do that?

#30 _casiered_

_casiered_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

Big T, Could you add another 2 cars to your list..

PM sent

#31 _NURVUS_

_NURVUS_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:23 PM

^^^^ You sound like your having some of my luck with ordering parts. Gave yourself a hernia, how do you do that?

Waz, they're caused by stomach strain, usually heavy lifting.

Was told today the engine should be ready late next week. :nudie:

#32 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:43 PM

Thats is good news NURVUS. If things dont look good closer to the day let me know.

Casiered - PM sent back.

Everyone else - We are getting closer to that 30 car figure I am chasing which is fantastic news. I have had another five from QTCC pay up, a couple from AussieV8's are keen and more are in the pipeline.

There are some rather quick cars coming along so expect to see some 11 and maybe 10 sec times run. Also got a heap of first timers attending so we will have a good mix on the day.

I will post up the updated list in next couple of days.

It is not too late to join us and once again, if you know of anyone not on this forum who may be interested please pass on my details.

Cheers,

Tony

#33 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:33 AM

Big T Your a legend mate!

I've fixed up your email address in the first post for ya too :)

Make sure you guys gets lots of great photos and video so we can all have a look-see!

:spoton: top job!

#34 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:00 PM

Thanks Tiny !! Much appreciated. And yep I will have plenty of photos and video for you all.

IMPORTANT NOTE - The dopey organiser of this event (me) didnt realise that Bank West will NOT accpet a payment to my account at a Branch. Online payment is fine however you will not be able to pay in person at Bank West. If you wish to pay at a branch it will have to be Westpac and I will give you the details over the phone if you choose this option. My apologies for not knowing what sort of account I have :huh:

Admin/Mods - can you add the above blurb to the bottom of my original post please. Sorry......

#35 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

I wanna know why Rory isnt on the list ???

Is that a chant I hear? Rory, ROOoooorrRRYYY, RRRROOOoooooOOORRRRRRRYYYYY ... Even if its only the SV8 - thats what I'm taking !!

#36 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:35 PM

Consider it updated T!

Cheers!

#37 antelopeslr5000

antelopeslr5000

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Car:1977 LX SL/R 5000

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

Make sure you guys gets lots of great photos and video so we can all have a look-see!

I'll be there with my SLR (camera, not the car) and plan to take a heap of photos. I gave my old SLR to my brother as a Christmas present and he is hounding me for lessons. This seems like a golden opportunity so hopefully I'll drag him out too to take photos. Might even take the Elinchrom Ranger RX system out also as I haven't used it in a long, long while.

My brother is pretty handy with Adobe Premier so we'll probably drag out the video cameras and get some footage.

Should be a fun day!

Edited by antelopeslr5000, 06 March 2009 - 06:34 PM.

#38 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:35 PM

Might even take out the who what RX system antelope!?

That sounds even more complex than my fan setup :tease:

Cheers!

#39 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

How many coming from Toowoomba way, should all cruise down together ... Has Mal, 308NUT responded ?

#40 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:44 PM

Antelope - Awesome man, the more cameras and video cameras out there the better. I have a mate who is a professional photographer who might be coming out as well.

Paul - Mal has responded and indicated that he will be coming down as well. I asked him to pass the word around TRICK as I know there are few tough Toranas up on the range. I reckon you should throw out a challenge to Rory. SV8 v SV8. Wadda ya reckon Rory?

Tiny - thanks mate, I got caught out today when casiered made payment..... oops :D

So far we have a field of mostly Toranas. It is gonna look awesome out there in the staging lanes. Also have have a couple of Old Skool Monaros, and maybe a Trans Am to join us.

#41 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:16 AM

Yer c'mon Rory, lotto ticket in it for ya if you can do me (on the track).

#42 antelopeslr5000

antelopeslr5000

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Car:1977 LX SL/R 5000

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:38 AM

Might even take out the who what RX system antelope!?

That sounds even more complex than my fan setup :tease:

Cheers!

Nothing is as complex as your fan setup Tiny!

The RX is a portable battery flash system. I guess the best way to describe it is would be as professional strobe studio lighting outdoors.

#43 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:17 AM

Oh Riiiiiiight! Now i geddit! :spoton:

Good on ya Big T!

#44 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:48 PM

Updated list:

1 Big T
2 NURVUS
3 Mums Taxi
4 Skapinad
5 boblhslr
6 Rollo
7 Rollo
8 mra9x
9 Juicey
10 Tim
11 Posesssed Hatch
12 Brian
13 Torana308
14 waz355
15 NSS308
16 Brett
17 Stains
18 Glynn
19 David
20 Pallbag
21 Rod
22 Cactus
23 casiered
23 casiered
24 Stacey
25 Murray

Plus I have 3 from the QLD Monaro Club and few who have indicated they are coming but have not yet paid. From the list above only 3 cars are not Torana's, a fantastic result I must say !! A big thanks to all who have paid or arranged payment and secured their place. To those who have not yet paid or made arrangements with me it is not too late. I will be writing the cheque for Willowbank at the end of this week and would appreciate all payments to be made to me by then please.

The trophy classes will be:

Quickest Torana (Male)
Quickest Torana (Female)
Quickest Non Torana
Best Reaction Time (Male)
Best Reaction Time (Female)
Best Burn Out - Big T's Choice
Most Entertaining Run
Slowest Run Under Full Power

Depending on final entrant numbers and excess funds there may be more trophy classes and prizes. If anyone has a business and would like to sponsor a trophy i.e you buy the trophy and naming rights, please let me know. I am not going over board on the trophies, just something modest to stick behind the bar.

I am starting to get excited about this !! It is going to be an awesome day :spoton:

Edit - So far as I know there is only one female entered. C'mon girls, we need a challenge for Stacey !! Amanda, Sarsha, Jeanette, Rory ?? Anyone keen to make a this a challenge?

Edited by Big T, 09 March 2009 - 01:01 PM.

#45 Joshua

Joshua

Lotsa Posts!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
  • Name:Joshua

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:10 PM

Slowest Run Under Full Power

awe, i could have won a trophy :/

dam my torana and it's myriad of problems

#46 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

Edit - So far as I know there is only one female entered. C'mon girls, we need a challenge for Stacey !! Amanda, Sarsha, Jeanette, Rory?? Anyone keen to make a this a challenge?

:clap: Hmmmm, has he even seen this thread ?

BigT, I got a mate with a doof doof car gave me some money today, add him to the list, DAMO. I will wack it in ya bank over next day or so ...

#47 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:48 PM

^ Done mate. What sort of car is the doofster?

#48 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:01 PM

Jobs right, deposited today via electronic funds transfer ...

Not sure, its black and tiny and has a turbo, handles (or is that it rides) like a go-kart and has big wheels, if that helps LOL.

This is it in the piccie ...

Posted Image

Attached Files

#49 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

Looks like of them Neesan things.

Ladies and Gentleman..... WE HAVE RICE !!

#50 benno81

benno81

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:08 PM

hey big t sorry first time seen this thread wish my rana was ready for this maybe next yr
whens the date love to cum along n watch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users