34 replies to this topic

#26 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:18 AM

Don't forget both cars were raced again after Bathurst at Surfers Paradise, the extra battle scars could be from there, though the one on the front spoiler I'm sure wasn't there last time I looked at the car. I went over the car about 10 years ago when I first heard the other car was discovered in England, and back then you were allowed to go and sit in the car.
As for the mirror, if you look closely, Harveys car ran with a VH Commodore mirror, Brocks used a small mirror. When the car was sent to the museum, Holden requested the car have a factory mirror fitted to represent the car more as a Holden product. If the car in the museum was really the Harvey car, why bother changing the mirror to a VK one?
If you read AMC number 18 you'll note the story doesn't refer to the cars as 05 and 25, rather HDT Comm 6 and 7......

#27 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:00 PM

Don't forget both cars were raced again after Bathurst at Surfers Paradise,

As for the mirror, if you look closely, Harveys car ran with a VH Commodore mirror, Brocks used a small mirror.

I would love to see footage from Surfers Paradise..

Interesting how the Biante model has the VK mirror as well on the 25 car..

probably one of the only person that might know which is which would be larry Perkins.. Be interesting to hear what he has to say..

#28 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

nO ONE WILL COMMENT ON IT ANYMORE.

#29 _HRV74_

_HRV74_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

Don't know how you know all this stuff Red, but it makes for fascinating reading, so thanks for sharing. (Often wonder what sort of crazy money that '84 car would be worth!)

Also, was interesting to recently read that Graeme Bailey still owns the Chickadee VK.

Cheers
H

#30 lcgtr1970

lcgtr1970

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Name:Jordan

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:04 PM

yeah i love reading this sort of stuff. especially when the concerned parties are respectful and civil. makes it a real learning experience.
and thanks for putting the pics up. some real nice shots and cars there

#31 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:51 PM

Couple of pics from the museum, the 05 car has a vh label on the screen ?Maybe it was a pic of grices car, took so many pics.

Edited by rocket, 18 April 2009 - 04:53 PM.

#32 _torriechick_

_torriechick_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:10 AM

I suddenly feel like i need to go there! lol :huh: any1 know why? haha :spoton: nice pics

#33 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:22 AM

Take some old clothes, so you can lay on the floor under the cars and take pics.

#34 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:24 AM

Under 05 !

#35 clarky9999

clarky9999

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Name:Andrew

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:51 PM

Went to the museum in 97 after brocky's last race. have a few pics but can't find anymore so here's 2

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users