Has anyone used Lovells Suspension and Whiteline Automotive Sway Bars?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 _markbeath_

_markbeath_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:54 AM

Hi there,

As above, im wondering if anyone has used/uses Lovells Suspension and Whiteline Automotive Sway Bars?

They will be for a 1976 LX Flared Sedan with 6cyl running gear, V6 Commodore Motor, Simmons B45 15x8's and 15x10's.

If anyone has any comments about these company's, parts they use, photos of there car with these suspension or sway bars, etc etc would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark Beath

#2 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:08 AM

Ive used lovells in commodores and they ride/handle pretty well.

We have lovells front springs in the Torana racecar (gettin painted so hasnt ran anywhere yet) and the old man runs lovells in the front of his XU-1.

For the money they are a great product.

Whiteline swaybars are pretty much one of the best around (IMO) and are an all aussie product from memory.

#3 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:14 AM

Lovells make a very good product that suits the Torana very well indeed.
For what its worth I use Lovells and I have heard some Torry people swear by them.

Herne

#4 _memorylane-spare-parts_

_memorylane-spare-parts_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:22 AM

Hi i found lovells are the beats around the feed back i get on is all good i will sell 5 set to 1 to the yellow one's
I have guy ring me for the yellow one's i tell them about lovells and good shocks.

Whiteline swaybars are pretty much one of the best around and are all aussie product.

Edited by memorylane-spare-parts, 18 March 2009 - 08:26 AM.

#5 _markbeath_

_markbeath_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:24 AM

Lovells make a very good product that suits the Torana very well indeed.
For what its worth I use Lovells and I have heard some Torry people swear by them.

Herne

Could you post a pic up of your Tori with Lovells?

#6 _markbeath_

_markbeath_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:25 AM

Hi i found lovells are the beats around the feed back i get on is all good i will sell 5 set to 1 to the yellow one's
I have guy ring me for the yellow one's i tell them about lovells and good shocks.

Cant beat good feedback from other Torana drivers. Better to ask than not know i say.

#7 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:29 AM

back in the day when we raced a L34 all we had was lovells... they were a top spring then and it seems nothing has changed

#8 _memorylane-spare-parts_

_memorylane-spare-parts_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:32 AM

You need to work out wath hight you want or you drop me a line i will help you with the right one's
i sell them for $130.00 apair plus frieght

Edited by memorylane-spare-parts, 18 March 2009 - 08:34 AM.

#9 _markbeath_

_markbeath_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:41 AM

You need to work out wath hight you want or you drop me a line i will help you with the right one's
i sell them for $130.00 apair plus frieght

Im thinking sport low. Ill be running a drop tank later on as well. Do you do shock absorbers as well?

#10 _markbeath_

_markbeath_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:41 AM

back in the day when we raced a L34 all we had was lovells... they were a top spring then and it seems nothing has changed

Hmmm that pushes me alot towards Lovells haha

#11 _memorylane-spare-parts_

_memorylane-spare-parts_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:48 AM

Im thinking sport low. Ill be running a drop tank later on as well. Do you do shock absorbers as well?

Yes i do KYB,BOGE,KONI AND ULTIMA I do them all we need to talk when you are ready just ring or email.

#12 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:54 AM

Could you post a pic up of your Tori with Lovells?

Are you looking for a shot of the stance or from under the car? Cant see much under so I presume you want the stance?

Cheers
Herne

#13 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:02 AM

This is an older shot but shows the cars stance very well. The car has the same suspension today.

[attachment=1386:Pictures_114.jpg]

Lovells lowered springs and Koni adjustable shocks.

The car has an aggressive look but still handled extremely well even though slightly lowered.

Photo taken by Phil Black at a Canberra Torana Club photo day.

Cheers
Herne

#14 _markbeath_

_markbeath_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:09 AM

This is an older shot but shows the cars stance very well. The car has the same suspension today.

[attachment=1386:Pictures_114.jpg]

Lovells lowered springs and Koni adjustable shocks.

The car has an aggressive look but still handled extremely well even though slightly lowered.

Photo taken by Phil Black at a Canberra Torana Club photo day.

Cheers
Herne

Thats beautiful Herne. Yeah definately going to go Lovells. Are these sport low?

#15 _markbeath_

_markbeath_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:10 AM

Yes i do KYB,BOGE,KONI AND ULTIMA I do them all we need to talk when you are ready just ring or email.

I'll send PM now. Thanks

#16 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:34 AM

Thats beautiful Herne. Yeah definately going to go Lovells. Are these sport low?

Yes I believe so :)

Herne

#17 _slydog71_

_slydog71_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:36 AM

I think Herne has been sneaking a peek at my car lol , I run the same as Herne lovells springs, koni adjustables and whiteline rear sway bay and fat torana iten on front . Seems to go and handle ok until you have 120L of fuel on board , but I haven't managed to find any scrub yet.

Edited by slydog71, 18 March 2009 - 10:38 AM.

#18 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:31 AM

I have had Lovells in all my old holdens, especially my torana's. They are a great riding spring and handle very well and stage one are perfect for a legal ride height. Mind you I just put a set of stage one Kings springs in the rear on my new toy, only because it has them in the front and I like to have the same brand all round. They seem OK so far too.

#19 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:24 PM

Lovell front and rear springs,
Bilstein shocks,
Whiteline front bar,
KMac rear.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 _markbeath_

_markbeath_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:45 PM

Lovell front and rear springs,
Bilstein shocks,
Whiteline front bar,
KMac rear.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now thats hot. Why different sway bar for the rear?

#21 _markbeath_

_markbeath_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:46 PM

I think Herne has been sneaking a peek at my car lol , I run the same as Herne lovells springs, koni adjustables and whiteline rear sway bay and fat torana iten on front . Seems to go and handle ok until you have 120L of fuel on board , but I haven't managed to find any scrub yet.

Yeah i like the look and stance Herne's car has so i think ill go the same.

#22 _markbeath_

_markbeath_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:47 PM

I have had Lovells in all my old holdens, especially my torana's. They are a great riding spring and handle very well and stage one are perfect for a legal ride height. Mind you I just put a set of stage one Kings springs in the rear on my new toy, only because it has them in the front and I like to have the same brand all round. They seem OK so far too.

My brother uses King springs in his commodore but didnt think they did Torana's.

#23 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:08 PM

We originally ran KMac front and rear, but the front was not up to the task and we changed it.

We have put a lot of work into the suspension over thast 18 months, specifically aimed at Targa racing. At the moment we are very happy with the results.

I highly rate Lovells springs for the torry as an off the shelf purchase. Once you start looking at custom and race setup ther are other options, but to walk down to a speed shop and grab some over the counter - Lovells, no question.

As for the 'bars, whiteline seem to be the only ones doing quality work. Kmac QC is all over the joint and there much loved (every car that finished the 1979 bathurs was wearing our bar....)front bar doesn't bolt up without minor modification.

hope this helps.

#24 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:16 PM

Personally I think the Whiteline swaybars are better made but the K-MAC swaybars are a better design.

The Whiteline pictures were sent to me when I was enquiring about their swaybars.

Whiteline front mount front swaybar. Brake duct can not be fitted with this swaybar.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Whiteline rear mount front swaybar. Extractor and ground clearance can be a problem, note spacers fitted in this picture.
Posted Image

Whiteline rear mount rear swaybar.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

K-MAC Front mount adjustable front swaybar
Posted Image

K-MAC Rear mount adjustable rear swaybar. Exhaust clearnance is an issue for street cars.
Posted Image

Posted Image

K-MC Front mount rear swaybar. Muffler location can be a problem.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by ls2lxhatch, 18 March 2009 - 01:19 PM.

#25 _markbeath_

_markbeath_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:19 PM

We originally ran KMac front and rear, but the front was not up to the task and we changed it.

We have put a lot of work into the suspension over thast 18 months, specifically aimed at Targa racing. At the moment we are very happy with the results.

I highly rate Lovells springs for the torry as an off the shelf purchase. Once you start looking at custom and race setup ther are other options, but to walk down to a speed shop and grab some over the counter - Lovells, no question.

As for the 'bars, whiteline seem to be the only ones doing quality work. Kmac QC is all over the joint and there much loved (every car that finished the 1979 bathurs was wearing our bar....)front bar doesn't bolt up without minor modification.

hope this helps.

Ah ok that makes sense

Yeah i think im set of Lovells and Whiteline

Thanks for all your help guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users