Photo

Some Qld drag day pics

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#26 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:11 AM

Thanks T, I use to work for him, Bricklayer from the Nthside.

#27 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:18 AM

what did you think of the interior rocket??

#28 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:44 AM

I havent actually seen the car before, but knew he was building it, just had a chat to him about an hour ago, when Big T organises a nthside run, Ill put my road tyres on and change the exhaust and meet up with him for a look.

#29 _Torana308_

_Torana308_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:56 PM

They are perfect Big T and SLR Goat thanks for that vid.

MT you should really spin people out and tell them that he drove the Vk to and from the track as well.

#30 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:59 PM

He He ,yeh he always drives the VK to & from the track, plus this time he had to drive it to my place first to give me a lift up to Willowbank :spoton:

He did plan on having heaps of runs/skids so he swapped rear wheels this time, but only to put his old half rooted street tyres on, normally he CBF even popping the bonnet let alone changing wheels and still runs 10.7s LOL !

Congrats on the 12 and the trophy Pete, I must admit i was a bit concerned when i saw you pulling off the carby in the pits ..... :o .....maybe you were hoping the carby might return the favour sometime ???..... (HA!)

What was the best mph & fastest time you ended up getting ?

MT

#31 _ripitup5000_

_ripitup5000_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

He He ,yeh he always drives the VK to & from the track, plus this time he had to drive it to my place first to give me a lift up to Willowbank :spoton:

He did plan on having heaps of runs/skids so he swapped rear wheels this time, but only to put his old half rooted street tyres on, normally he CBF even popping the bonnet let alone changing wheels and still runs 10.7s LOL !

Congrats on the 12 and the trophy Pete, I must admit i was a bit concerned when i saw you pulling off the carby in the pits ..... :o .....maybe you were hoping the carby might return the favour sometime ???..... (HA!)

What was the best mph & fastest time you ended up getting ?

MT

Gday,Would like to thank the organisers for great day and good to see the very high standards in some of the cars :clap: ,would of been better if i got to look at them abit closer,but i had a few problems with my car.The pics from the day are awesome.
How often does the club hire the track out.

#32 _waz355_

_waz355_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

A mate got a fair bit of video footage of the day. What is the best way to get on here do you think?

#33 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

Warren- youtube for small clips but if you can get the raw footage to me on DVD I will edit it and add it to the footage I have to make a decent DVD of the day which will be available to anyone who wants it. I could probably load it to Bit Torrent or maybe someone here can host it on their server?

Brian - glad you had a good day. I will organise another Drag Day with Prizes, Trophies etc for around the same time next year however if there is enough interest we can do one sooner. Would probably be a bit more informal ie no trophies etc. The main issue is collecting the payments up front to hire the track as we need 30 cars to book.

#34 _Torana308_

_Torana308_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:45 PM

I wasn't letting a little carby problem stop me racing, sorry to anyone who copped the black smoke it was blowing. Looks like it blew the power valve out and I didnt have one with me, So Skids it was.

The unexpected bonus was a 12.79 @106 on street tyres. It still wouldn't rev out to over 5500 though. I guess I will have to keep pulling my hair out and keep going through everything to see if I can find the prob.

Hahaha MT the car seems to have returned the favour in the time slips. Lucky the carby is easy to muck round with, had to swap the bowls and metering blocks back to the correct spots after it was on somone else I knows car.

I am more than happy to help with anything to get it happening again Big T, Can try and find a few more sponsers or whatever we need to make it a regular event.

#35 _waz355_

_waz355_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

Is next week too soon for another day Big T? I think since you did such a good job you could organise one by then!

Getting this footage tomorrow will probably be best to post it to you.

#36 _ripitup5000_

_ripitup5000_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:07 PM

Warren- youtube for small clips but if you can get the raw footage to me on DVD I will edit it and add it to the footage I have to make a decent DVD of the day which will be available to anyone who wants it. I could probably load it to Bit Torrent or maybe someone here can host it on their server?

Brian - glad you had a good day. I will organise another Drag Day with Prizes, Trophies etc for around the same time next year however if there is enough interest we can do one sooner. Would probably be a bit more informal ie no trophies etc. The main issue is collecting the payments up front to hire the track as we need 30 cars to book.

No worries count me in on the vid footage and track days,Would like to get around and meet people in the club.Another good day is qld raceway(test day)it costs $120 for half a day or $160 full day and $55 for a AASA clubman licence a year.Its a bit dear but ya get alot of track time and you get to put ya car through its paces.

#37 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:51 PM

Does someone want to collate all the torana clips on youtube into a playlist.

Save the rest of the bastards trying to hunt em down :D

Grant..

#38 _UCV80_

_UCV80_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:39 PM

Was a good drag day, lots of toranas to admire.

had fun driving my torana there.... 4k revs at 90k/hr lol

#39 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:37 AM

Does someone want to collate all the torana clips on youtube into a playlist.

Save the rest of the bastards trying to hunt em down :D

Grant..

Yep, I can do this. If anyone has a video up on youtube can you send the link to [email protected] and I will create a playlist in one central location.

Cheers,

T

#40 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

Sweet.

You'll have to find all the OTHER clips as well - like Torana The Movie hehehe :D

#41 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:16 PM

More photos from the drag day taken by the Xtreme Holdens photographer Daniel Ward. I believe the photos are available to purchase from Daniel if you wish.

Photos are here Daniel Ward Photography

Enjoy :D

#42 _ripitup5000_

_ripitup5000_
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:37 PM

More photos from the drag day taken by the Xtreme Holdens photographer Daniel Ward. I believe the photos are available to purchase from Daniel if you wish.

Photos are here Daniel Ward Photography

Enjoy :D

Thanks Big T,Some good pics there.Do you know if anyone is putting anything on you tube yet.

#43 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:22 AM

Not sure if Waz355's mate has uploaded anything yet? Perhaps I'd better send Waz my address so he can get the footage to me !! Yeah, I know. Im being a slacker :D

#44 _426_

_426_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

Lots of sweet cars there.

I love the black vinyl roof on the dark green Torana.

Pitty there's no Vals in the pics!

:spoton:

#45 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:53 PM

^ That green Torana belongs to Waz355 from here and yeah, I agree, the metal flake looks grouse.

I think I do have a pic of Val that was there later on in the day. I will have to dig it up for ya.

#46 _426_

_426_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:42 PM

^ cheers Big T.

I'll have to look up Waz355's car, i couldn't see the flake in the pics.

#47 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:54 PM

Here ya go man.

Forum member Faro308's 10 sec LX vs a Pacerised Val

Posted Image

Waz355's Torana in all its metal flaked glory

Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 _426_

_426_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:01 PM

Good ol' VC Val. Never seen one as a Drag car before. Usually VE's onwards.

That metal flake is huge.That would have require a 10mm nozle

Looks crisp.

#49 _waz355_

_waz355_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:05 PM

That metal flake is huge.That would have require a 10mm nozle

Looks crisp.

Crisp? I could think of other words for it. The metal flake was shipped in from the north pole, what santa uses on his christmas balls!

Its days like this are numbered. As soon as we move house its getting stripped for a colour change, then maybe my mates might stop putting shit on me (maybe).

#50 _Pete_

_Pete_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

Crisp? I could think of other words for it. The metal flake was shipped in from the north pole, what santa uses on his christmas balls!

Its days like this are numbered. As soon as we move house its getting stripped for a colour change, then maybe my mates might stop putting shit on me (maybe).

To this day I still regret painting this car this colour, f**ks me what I was thinking at the time and I'm still dirty with myself for spending so much time on that flake when I should have just painted it black!

Hey Waz hows it going?, hope the car is working out for you, looks like your running some great numbers there!

Once again Sorry to the Torana community for painting one in such a shit colour.....definately won't happen again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users