59 replies to this topic

#1 kerm74

kerm74

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:47 PM

Happened to be luck enough to play at one of the best golf courses in Australia today - The National which in Mornington Peninsula area in Vic. Pull in to the carpark and what should be there but a jasmine A9X hatchback (with the best interior being brown). I knew it was going to be my lucky day - thought about the car all arvo and played great - unfortunately it had gone by the time I got back in. :spoton:

#2 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:27 PM

What did you score.....? '77 ? :tease:
Gotta like the brown interior. :spoton:

#3 kerm74

kerm74

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:18 PM

What did you score.....? '77 ? :tease:
Gotta like the brown interior. :spoton:

Couldn't bring it in for 77 but managed a 75 which was pretty cool given my preference for the LH - I must be have been thinking of the only torana which is better than the A9X - the L34 (with an very :tease: :D :huh: honourable mention my little friend the LC GTR).

#4 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:20 PM

How did you know it was a true A9X?

Cheers
Herne

#5 torry nut

torry nut

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:32 AM

If you had 75 around National Kerm your wasting your time playing with Toranas !

Great course.

#6 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,470 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

Maybe it was just 9 holes

#7 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

Maybe it was just 9 holes

Nah,18 holes..........No one could contain themselves with just 9 holes at the National. :D That is unless you were a member down there.I wonder if Kerm is a member? If so , can you get me on down there next time Im home ? :tease: :tease: :tease:

#8 _ronaldoredsox_

_ronaldoredsox_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:00 PM

Hey Kern, Small world, It was me. And yes, she is real. 3rd last hatchback off the line. 79,000 genuine k's. Dusted her off over Easter and decided to give her a run from Bayside suburbs to The National. I have owned her for about a year now and had never got her out of the burbs until yesterday. She was SENSATIONAL. I played like shit, but, did not care - the trip down and back made it all worth while. And, how good was the weather? Glad you enjoyed seeing my car. I love that car. I'd have preferred a grey / black interior, but, you don't get a choice do you. And, the brown grows on you. R

#9 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:14 PM

75 off the bat around the National is very good going. Played there many years ago when it was a bit blowy and still enjoyed every minute, a very fine golf course.

So how many on here play golf and what handicaps do you play off?
I retired from club and competition play 4 years ago. Got down to 4 and went out to 6 when I started playing and practicing less frequently.

#10 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:33 PM

Ronaldo down at the National.....COOL. Kerm will be pleased to hear it was you. You two might have to tee up a game in the near future
Ive played there.A very fine course indeed.
Im playing next Monday.Im sure I wont be seeing any of you blokes as I tee off at 8am in Japan.... :huh:

#11 _ronaldoredsox_

_ronaldoredsox_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:24 PM

I am off 24 and rarely play to it. Great candidate for the NAGA award. R

#12 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

I reckon we should look into the possibility of an annual golf day..........We could come up with some novelty prizes.For example the losers have to drive the winners around cental Victoria on a historical pub crawl ( in a classic Torana,of course). Could be a good laugh....... :clap: With a 24 handicap ,Ronaldo, you could come out a winner......... :spoton:

#13 _Lxrana_

_Lxrana_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:43 PM

Golf day sounds good. I've never played at the National but I've played heaps at cape shank. I drove into the national once and couldn't believe how good the course looked, It's amazing. I used to shoot 78's at cape shank but that was a while ago now. I'd be up for a game for sure, we could all meet up and cruz up to the course in our Tory's. That would be a great sight.

#14 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:04 PM

It would be a sight....sounds like a few of us enjoy a hit.It would have to be in March for me..........Maybe we can get a regular game happening.

#15 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:13 PM

Posted Image

#16 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:23 PM

:spit: :spit: :spit:

Can't say I've ever played golf but that's funny.

#17 _Lxrana_

_Lxrana_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image

Ah you poor thing. You obviously have no hand eye coordination. I bet you type with one finger. We all share something in common with you, we all love TORANA'S. Guess that makes you half guy or bisexual. Ha Ha Ha.

#18 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:11 PM

LOL...trackdays are for people with Fcuking Aweful Golf Swings (F.A.G.S)!

#19 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:17 PM

Couldn't bring it in for 77 but managed a 75 which was pretty cool given my preference for the LH - I must be have been thinking of the only torana which is better than the A9X - the L34 (with an very :tease: :D :huh: honourable mention my little friend the LC GTR).

75 off the stick !!! Kerms not aloud to play in any golf days unless he is on my team !!

#20 _Lxrana_

_Lxrana_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

LOL...trackdays are for people with Fcuking Aweful Golf Swings (F.A.G.S)!

Now that's clever. :clap:

#21 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:37 PM

Hey Kern, Small world, It was me. And yes, she is real. 3rd last hatchback off the line. 79,000 genuine k's.

:useless:

#22 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:23 PM

Show us how good this car looks please Ronaldo :spoton:

#23 torry nut

torry nut

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

play off 7

#24 _carsbathurst_

_carsbathurst_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

Show us how good this car looks please Ronaldo :spoton:

Hi guys, i'm fortunate enough to live down here on the peninsula after relocating from Airlie Beach in Nth Qld and can vouch the courses down here being superb and if you do get this annual golf event up and going would love to join in and also can organise accomadation for around 16/18 people...
Am somewhat of a Torana nut owning 2 former ex Group C racers (Fully restored to road specs but do still run the full cage, Droptank and suspension and braking mods) but enjoy getting them out on the odd occassion for a squirt down the highway and a fairly tidy tagged V8 SS that hasn't seen much sunlight in many years which is sad l know...

#25 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:05 PM

I dont have an official handicap,but am happy to play off 18......... :tease:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users