is anyone spot on with a9x chassis numbers as i just bought another that has missing tags

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

I have just found another A9X. I have bought the car and supposedly the tags are coming, but they were not on the car when I viewed it. For the price that i paid, I don't think they are coming!! They have been misplaced and will be supplied once found???

I have two A9X's already that also have bits and pieces missing, one being a stolen recovered Jasmine yellow Newcastle car. The other - an abysinth yellow Gympie QLD car.
Both car are in need of a restoration.

The recent purchase looks to me to be a Panama green vehicle. It has all the usual A9X features and chassis number is still intact.
I was wondering if anyone can help me with the identification of this car and possible history?

#2 a9xl34

a9xl34

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Name:dan
  • Car:A9X sedan, ss hatch twin turbo 350 on gas

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:49 PM

I have just found another A9X. I have bought the car and supposedly the tags are coming, but they were not on the car when I viewed it. For the price that i paid, I don't think they are coming!! They have been misplaced and will be supplied once found???

I have two A9X's already that also have bits and pieces missing, one being a stolen recovered Jasmine yellow Newcastle car. The other - an abysinth yellow Gympie QLD car.
Both car are in need of a restoration.

The recent purchase looks to me to be a Panama green vehicle. It has all the usual A9X features and chassis number is still intact.
I was wondering if anyone can help me with the identification of this car and possible history?

So what are the clues?

#3 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:58 PM

I'VE got the info on the latest one

#4 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:38 PM

I'VE got the info on the latest one

so is the car known red?

#5 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,008 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

There was a white A9X hatch stolen in Newcastle in the early 90's, and it turned up a month or so later with Sunbird tags painted green. AFAIK the original tags were destroyed. When I last saw the car it had a 5spd Supra box in it and the original fans had been replaced with aftermarket examples. If it's a hatch it could be this car. I looked at buying it at the time (before it was stolen) for around $12,000 (memory is a bit sketchy on the value). If it is that car I could probably track down the owner at the time that had it stolen from him as I'd say he would still have records of it. His brother also had a green 4 door A9X at the same time.

#6 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

it's a sedan, and no past knowledge on it so far

#7 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:21 PM

No this one aint stolen and never was ,has all chassis numbers there untouched just misplaced option tags have given red the chassis numbers and he has given me some info on the car. i have since found out that the tags are available and the previous owner has them, as when the guy purchased it 20yrs ago he stilled owed the sellor $1000 so he held the tags until he came back with the gorilla? now i have to track down the previous owner to find the plates if he still has em or maybe he has sold em and they are running around on another car ? could get interesting. I will upload pics tomorrow as its to dark to take some now as i just got home with it.
THIS CAR HAS BEEN IN A SHED FOR 12 YRS .

#8 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:40 AM

IT WILL MISS THE SHED.

#9 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

After getting the car home i have pulled up the corners of the carpets and the boot and the car has definatly had a full bolt in cage at some stage has brackets welded to boot floor possibly for battery but brackets are in the middle of boot not to either side also has notches cut into rear archers where flares were done has the original 14 inch tyre placard in glovebox, has a hatch console , original bonnet with a sticker saying STREET N STRIP PERFORMANCE ISLINTON PH 614343 which is definatly a old sticker going by the ph number and supposedly the car was in street machine or another car mag a very long time ago?i went to move the passenger side seat forword and i couldnt as there seems to be a hump of some sort or modification to the tunnel blocking the seat from advancing? maybe it has a T10 not sure yet.
Car is panama green with black v5 simmons will upload pics this arvo.

#10 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:12 AM

also on front end has rubber bump stop on the bottom arms and say a 2 inch thick solid steel block on top arms? is this normal for a9x,s

#11 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:17 AM

Hmmmm, this looks like an interesting thread to follow! looking forward to seeing some pics mate!

#12 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:23 PM

Have since found out that STREET N STRIP PERFORMANCE was a car yard in islington ,newcastle NSW about 15-20yrs ago?

#13 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:29 PM

Have since found out that STREET N STRIP PERFORMANCE was a car yard in islington ,newcastle NSW about 15-20yrs ago?

sorry rollo it was a performance parts place not a car yard. my mistake there. but post up some pics it may ring a bell with some of us newcastle torana heads.

#14 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:52 PM

There was a Green A9X 4-Door with a Supercharger and role Cage in a Magazine,it was in Street Machine and Performance Street Cars,the A9X 4-Door was painted in Panama Green.
It has a Supercharged 308 in it,built by Russel Jones,the NSW Reg is LXA.388, IT HAS 14x10 US Five Slot Mags on the back and 14X8 Five Slot on front.
The Performance Street Car Mag is dated Oct-Nov 1989 it says its one of sydney toughest car,the owner had all the stuff to put it back as a A9X,The owner Name is Anthony Samuel.
I wonder is this the car your talking about,i have Street Machine Mags from Early 1980's,1990's,2000's a Huge Collection so it might be in there.
Regards Allan

#15 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:56 PM

And the Battery was in the Boot in the Green A9X 4-Door,i just read from story
Regards Allan

#16 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:04 PM

The green A9X Had a Full Roll Cage and a Munchie Gearbox with a Hurst Shifter and a Ford 9 inch Diff as well,but owner had stuff to put it back to standard A9X.
Regards Allan

#17 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:37 PM

Is that the one with A9X as a custom grill badge?

#18 arrimar

arrimar

"Have you still got that Torana!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Car:Salamanca L34, Absinth LH SLR/5000, Caribean Blue LH 5.0, C250 Merc,

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:58 PM

also on front end has rubber bump stop on the bottom arms and say a 2 inch thick solid steel block on top arms? is this normal for a9x,s

yes normal for L34 and A9X. not quite 2 inches though.

#19 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:26 PM

here r some pics ,some of the hump in passenger side tunnel,boot u can notice bracket in middle floor , diff salisbury with lsd tag still intact, glove box lid has 14 inch tyre placard from new ,and still has davies craig electric fan.

Attached Files

#20 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

Have you been able to locate the tags?

If Anthony Samuels is the previous owner I may be able to put you in touch (maybe).

#21 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:36 PM

The Simmons look really poxy, want me to take 'em to the dump for ya ?

#22 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

Is that the one with A9X as a custom grill badge?

Hi Baron
it was,the Badge on the Grill,said A9X in green
Regards Allan

#23 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

Nice pick up!

#24 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

Have you been able to locate the tags?

If Anthony Samuels is the previous owner I may be able to put you in touch (maybe).

No not yet. Was the one in the article the same colour as this ?
i may have that mag as i remember seeing that car as it had a9x grill badge in green from memory i will check my magazines i have heaps of old ones too from when i was a kid

#25 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

Just had a look at the magazine.Samuels car had a roof ariel and looks a lighter shade of green.You never know,but.
Oct/Nov 1989.Performance Street Car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users