#26 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:15 PM

WHAT AN AWESOME DAY!
Thanks to everyone who organised and put the day together!
I got to meet tiny and a few others! I once again didn't get to actaully introduce myself to brett, deb and a few others RRR.. Thou was my own fualt brett did come over when takin car off trailer but i was alil excited at the time just wanted the car off the trailer! Sorry bout that brett :banghead: Always next time! I hope there is another one maybe in 6 months or a years time?
I was really happy with the hatch went out there hopin for 15's ran a 14.6 straight off the trailer! Shared the drivin with a mate who has helped build the car and also been in the drag scene for along time! So he showed me how to do it! Even by doin the best time on his first run! Until the dyo was runnin and i ran a flat 14!!! I duno what mph my time slips are at work :D WICKED DAY!
Thanks again to everyone
Cheers
Stedz

#27 _Torana482HP_

_Torana482HP_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:30 PM

Always next time! I hope there is another one maybe in 6 months or a years time?

6 Months, 6 Months!

I wish mine run 9s but it would cost a heap to get it there, plus it would not be very streetable.

Yeah the front end was lifting up a fair bit on take off

#28 LhMusL

LhMusL

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:06 PM

Awsome day for sure!
First time running the car and got a 12.95@106mph, it is my PB and first run eva!!
Some slicks will come in handy as Bret found out or manybe i just got a bit excited. :rockon:
Thanks to Tiny, Bret and Deb for all of their help and advice. Shevster, Heath and Knoath was good to be able to have a good chat with you guys and put faces to names.
:D

#29 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:32 PM

ly. I was also rapt with the fact that I was part of the first and only ever DEAD HEAT DYO in Heathcote's history. They want me to send in the time slip so they have a record of it. That's one for the pool room.

I am still wondering was the mathematic chances are of what occured,

you ran 15.0835 at 83.38mph with a reaction time of 0.6065
I ran 12.5475 at 108.07mph with a reaction time of 0.7425

yet we got there (to the finish line) at the exact same one thousandth of a second.

damn freaky if you ask me :tease: :tease: at the finish line there was a difference in speed of 25mph. b/n the two cars

#30 _sway_

_sway_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:46 PM

Looked like it was a great day even though I didn't get up there until super late in the afternoon. Talk around the BBQ in Bendigo that night was very positive with most keen on doing this again in 12 months until 6 months was suggested and everyone was in agreeance. :spoton:

Hopefully in 6 Months it will happen again.

Bit of a warm day (especially in comparison to Melbourne's temperature) which was topped off by a cool night - perhaps we could have a night meet next time?

Very impressed with Deb's burnout efforts (woohoo you go girl!) And what a beast that CRITTA is! OMG had me impressed and by the size of tinys smile definately fun.

Was sooo good to catch up with so many forum members and friends. Definately need more excuses to get together on a more regular basis. And to see Tiny and Simmo was just icing on the cake (God I miss you guys!!!!)

Some quality photos have been produced guys well done.

Jadey 0:-)

Edited by sway, 19 March 2006 - 07:46 PM.

#31 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:49 PM

WHAT AN AWESOME DAY!

I cant believe how much fun i had!

I had never drag raced before so had absolutely no idea wat i was doing! My first run was a lil shakey as i had no idea wat i was doing, but each run got better and better and i was improving each time!

Untill the Engine was leaning out at anything over 3grand in 2nd and 3rd! I was spewing! i had no idea wat was happening, Oldn helped me out here it had him a bit baffled too, we assumed it was most prob fuel pressure but couldnt do anything there to fix it. My Girlfriend suggested that maybe i was running a bit low on fuel and when i acellerated to hard the fuel would surge to the back, made sense in theory, so on the lunch break i went for a spin to fill up on some fuel....

Came back and the first run it still happened on! i was a lil cut! i still hadnt had a run where everything worked as it should!

Anyway i thought id go for one more run and take maddy (my gf) down the strip!
For the first time i didnt have a problem going down the strip! No leaning out at all!

I was alil hesitant on this run as i was waiting for it to shit it self! Anyway i got myself a 15.8! which i was very happy with! and the best bit i know it will go faster wheni fix the problem! i reckon next time i go i will run a different diff and get into low 15's "maybe" even a high 14's! i am working this racing stuff out! if i had more money i would be going up again next weekend!

ANYWAY AWESOME DAY! HAD A BLAST!!!

#32 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:49 PM

AWESOME AWESOME DAY!!!! I heard the official word was that we had 47 actual entrants! I was so impressed with the turnout in the end, plenty of cars racing all day, even though from time to time things slowed down a little bit as people were having a break. But just walking around the pits was fantastic, getting to check out all the cars. Stacks of torrie's, and a lot of other variety, it was ace.

From memory, the honour of quickest car on the day would have been coupe202 (the turbo 6, light purple LJ). Well done mate, I saw you pull off a couple of 11.81's, not sure if you ran faster when I wasn't looking.

As for the V8's - I think MYLJ takes that honour with his 12.49. Man I love your wagon! Kept me entertained all day! And that burnout, YEAH BABY!

My two favourite Torana's for the day were Stedz' hatchback - looked fantastic, sounded fantastic, ran great all day. Was so stoked to see you crack into the 14's. Sounds like 13's are close! Was cool to finally (kinda) meet you, hahahaha. And my other fav was LhMusL's LH. Thanks heaps for taking me for a blast down the strip dude, was very cool! A best of 12.9 for the day in full street trim, on BFG's, and 6 mufflers!!! Love it! That car has lots more potential in her too...

I also spent a bit of time hanging out with 253ToranaSS and oldn64 - totally stoked to see you both having a blast all day. Oldn64 went from a 20 second pass to a 16 second pass, wheelspin city! Was great you cracked a 15 Matty!!!! PS. Your grudge race earlier against Deb was mighty close too!!!!! hehehe.

I take my hat off to everyone on the day - especially the first timers. This was what the whole day was about - creating a laid-back atmosphere where anyone and everyone felt comfortable and just got out there to have a crack. It sounds like a lot of people were racing for the first time, and from what I hear, we have hooked a few!!!! Just remember - chasing those next few "tenths" is gonna be fun and challenging!

An extra big well-done and congrats to all the girl racers, was great to see you all having a go! I was so impressed and proud of Deb for having a crack at her first ever burnout in EHGIRL. How much did she smoke em up!!!! lol. Grinning the whole way. Even the officials got a kick of a chick doing a burnout too!

The dead-heat that gtrtorana mentioned was INCREDIBLE too. I can't believe it was literally the FIRST EVER and ONLY time that's ever happened before at Heathcote before!!!!

Very mad/upset/frustrated my car didn't make it, but if we do another forum drag day, it will be there no matter what! I might even gas it by that stage too.

Deb and I had a great time at the hotel Sat night too - was excellent to kick back around the barbie with a few drinks and catch up with those who came back. Tiny and Simmo - monster effort coming all the way down you too! Hope to return the favour some time.

Lastly, nice meeting a few new people too (finally). Bring on the next one! (I already have big plans - let's go bigger and better - more cars, prizes, lots more trophies, sponsors etc).

Cheers
Brett.

#33 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:53 PM

Oh yeah, and one other thing to mention - the Dial-Your-Own competition winners. I think MYLJ took it out for the blokes and Simmo for the girls. Well done!

:clap:

#34 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:17 AM

Sounds like everyone had an unbelievable day.
My son and I were there for a couple of hours and we enjoyed the racing and having a look at the rana's in the pits, I got to meet Knoath and Shevster which was great and said hello to another forum member who I had met at Hanging Rock but I dont know his name on the forum :huh:
I am sorry I did not get the chance to chat to any one else as you all looked pretty busy or involved conversation.
I did however have a great time with my four year old son and learn't that he has an uncanny ability to pick a winner nailing 5 in a row at one stage.
Congrats to the organisers and participants it was a fantastic sight to see people with a grin from ear to ear :D enjoying their TORANAS.

Regards
Duck05

#35 _svenikus_

_svenikus_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:46 AM

Thanks to everyone involved with organising Sat. I had an absolute ball, my bro (the green rx3) also had a ball, and we both went to bed with massive smiles on our face. It was also good to meet a few of you.

I was quite happy when I got the brumby down in under 20 secs (maybe next time I should race you all down the return road, surely 4wd will give me the advantage there :)), can't wait till I get my torry running.

Thanks again for a great day.

#36 _RTS Guy_

_RTS Guy_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:15 AM

said hello to another forum member who I had met at Hanging Rock but I dont know his name on the forum :huh:

that was me duck05!

typical Heathcote, nice and relaxed.
congratulations to everyone for coming up and making it a great day.

cheers Darren

#37 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:22 PM

RTS Guy,
Pretty funny that really. usually on forums you know the user before the person. Next time I will be right to say G'Day, thanks for that Darren.

BY the way just out of curiosity did the forum make some money out of the day or does entry and spectator fee just cover cost of track hire. It would be nice to think some of the money goes into the forum. :spoton:

Regards
Duck05 (Brett) B)

#38 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:24 PM

The entry fee's, to race and to spectate are standard and what you would normally pay.

#39 _gtrtorana_

_gtrtorana_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:35 PM

I wish I stayed up there with you guys after the racing. I was to focused on racing and as a result, did not meet many people. We will have to make the drag day an annual event.

#40 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:44 PM

The entry fee's, to race and to spectate are standard and what you would normally pay.

Thanks Amore,
I knew they were standard fees just was not sure if there was a fundraising side to the day. I was more than happy to pay an entry fee of whatever to see the boy's and girls go at it on the 1/4.

Regards
Duck05 :D

#41 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:42 PM

Wow Thanks for the comments brett :D . So can we start organisin the next one? Haha I wanna crack the 13's now ek i dont want this bug to bite!! Thinks its to late. What an awesome day i still cant get the smile off my face!! I hope the next one we can c both lxchev (the car) and tinys monaro runnin that 1/4!!
So 6 months hehehe :D
Thanks to everyone again!
Ed.

#42 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:56 PM

Pics, pics, pics...

(I'm not in this photo as I was taking it.)

Posted Image

I had to capture these from video:

My 13.79sec run at 100MPH:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Me giving a VL Turbo (with 14pound or more boost) a run.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...more coming up...

#43 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:15 PM

Hey Duck, as TORANR AMORE said, the entry/spectator fees were all just standard fees (actually slightly cheaper than some meets, as Heathcote like to support club/forum type days). $40 is great I reckon, you get as many passes as you can manage. Elsewhere you would pay $55 or higher and only get 3 or 4 runs sometimes.

There was a fundraising side to the day, however we didn't quite make it. For club days such as this, Heathcote have a "50 car incentive". What happens is, if we had 50 cars or higher enter, we would have received back some cash at the end of the day ($10 for every car, therefore 50 cars would have gotten us back $500). The more entrants over 50, the more cash we would have got back. I did mention this in the original thread, but 50 cars is certainly a big ask!

We did hear rumours of 47 entrants on Sat, but someone else told me it was actually only 35ish (which sounds more right to me). That's actual entrants, which is still fantastic! Next time we should aim to get the 50 cars, and chuck the $500 back into the forums, or do something cool with it.

#44 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

... more pics ...

The BURNOUT !!!! :D :rockon:

I took a whole heap of images from video. I've only displayed some of them here, the others are link to the pics.

This burnout was done with a failing LSD diff. The clutch in the LSD was slipping and needs reconditioning or replacement. I was up all Friday night trying to fix it by givin it a service but it didnt work. During the Burnout, one wheel would lock up and spin and then the other and at times it would actually Limo,.. it was a bit amusing. The car wasn't until 2AM on Saturday Morning as it still had stuff to be assembled and completed. I had about 3hrs or less sleep, but wasn't the slightest bit tired on Saturday as the whole day was a real Buzz. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Posted Image

https://cache.gmh-to...63_59PM_001.jpg

Posted Image

https://cache.gmh-to...63_59PM_002.jpg

https://cache.gmh-to...3_59PM_0003.jpg

https://cache.gmh-to...3_59PM_0004.jpg

https://cache.gmh-to...3_59PM_0005.jpg

https://cache.gmh-to...3_59PM_0006.jpg

https://cache.gmh-to...3_59PM_0007.jpg

https://cache.gmh-to...3_59PM_0008.jpg

https://cache.gmh-to...3_59PM_0009.jpg

https://cache.gmh-to...3_59PM_0010.jpg

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

https://cache.gmh-to...3_59PM_0014.jpg

https://cache.gmh-to...3_59PM_0015.jpg

https://cache.gmh-to...3_59PM_0016.jpg

https://cache.gmh-to...3_59PM_0017.jpg

https://cache.gmh-to...3_59PM_0018.jpg

https://cache.gmh-to...3_59PM_0019.jpg

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

https://cache.gmh-to...3_59PM_0026.jpg

https://cache.gmh-to...3_59PM_0027.jpg

The car overheated and the shifter cable got cooked from the extractor heat (so it was a bit stiff later), other than that all was ok.

Trusty old 308's heh heh heh

By the way, this car is running a stock 308 thats tired and in need of reconditioning, the cam and lifters are worn (probably why it backfired so much at times) and there was high bottom end pressure pushing oil through the blowby when revving it, (so rings probably need replacing). The TH400 is crap and flares btw gear changes and needs to be rolled down the driveway, it's robbing about 20% or more power from the engine I reckon. The diff has 3.08:1 gears. The car ran 13.79 and I'm absolutely rapped, and it goes to show that 308's and Toranas have HEAPs of potential. :spoton: :D :rockon:

#45 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,307 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:10 PM

I completely agree. That 308 was running like absolute crap and it still put on an awesome show for everyone. The LSD is screwed, the auto is screwed and I reckon he managed to almost blow that 308 up in the burnout comp... before opening the radiator and running like hell, hahahah that was funny shit.

#46 _Simmo_

_Simmo_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:21 PM

i had an AWESOME day and Weekend for the matter

Was my first time racing down the strip i did it in the stock daily the AU and ran a 16.4 with a .5 reaction time which is pretty good im told.

Now i cant wait to do it in a car thats 5 seconds faster.

Was a good way for me to learn how the lights work and how to get a good reaction and to learn a burnout even if it ws a single legger :D

Thanks to everyone that came to the day it was a great turnout and everyone seemed to have a good day from what i saw when i wasnt in the car.

LOL and thanks to TINY for letting me thrash the daily to...

Hope to see you all again soon

#47 _Torana482HP_

_Torana482HP_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:24 PM

yeah a 13.79 is pretty good for a standard 308 thats tired and a heavy struggling auto.

#48 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:44 PM

Well... Weve just gotten home and i'm finally able to catch up on the going's on!

Firstly, Ive gotto say one thing that i COMPLETELY forgot to mention on the day with everyone there and that's a MAMMOTH THANK YOU To some personal friends of mine who came up for the day, paid their own way and gave up their time to help us to run the day. Jeff, Nicole, Mel Thank you guys so much so for help it really made the day run so much more smoothly and helped the racers enjoy themselves so much more.
Nicole and Mel were good enough to spend their whole day in the time card booth handing out the time slips to the racers ( To save everyone getting out of their car! And also making sure the printer was working fine) and also in race control whipping the guys into gear to make sure everything happened smoothly. Jeff was taking photos of everyone as well as playing chaperone to some of the newer racers to give them some hints and tips! Thank you guys Extraordinary effort... Especially for ford people :tease: :tease: :tease:

I Also need to say a Huge Thank you to BRETT (LXCHEV) for his hard work in helping us to organise this day. Brett really did all the leg work when it came to speaking with Heathcote and organising everythng so Thanks mate, You made it happen!

And a couple more thank you-s... Heathcote park staff, Everyone there really did well for us, they were happy for us to make mistakes and enjoy ourselves in a really relaxed atmosphere So thanks to Heathcote Dragway,

And Lastly but Definitly not least... Thanks to all the members who attended. THe day was organised FOR you, and you guys showed up and really made the day the great event it was. Thanks to everyone for their patience and understanding ( especially with my terrible explainations on the day!!) and it seems like everyone enjoyed themselves and that is really what makes me feel great!

Continued next thread....

#49 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:04 PM

In addition to all the thanking of people above, i need to appologise to the people that i didnt get to meet or spend alot of time with! I cant belive how busy i was just trying to catch up with people, Helping out to ensure everything ran ok, and teaching simmo everything she knows about drag racing ( And taking out the Chick's DYO bracket heheh!) I would hate to have seen if i had of been racing the monaro too!! Yikes!

It was great to catch up with everyone at the track, Especially the people i hadnt met before! I wont try and name everyone but thanks for coming up and introducing yourselves.. I was pretty busy most of the day and it was great to put a face to some of the nicknames!

It was awesome to see Deb racing in EHGIRL, i hadnt seen that car for so long! and she did so well in it too! Great stuff! ( It must just LIKE to be thrashed deb... it only plays up on a "nice" cruise by the sounds of it! Maybe youve gotto be harder on it! hehehe!) I missed the burnout, so i'm going to watch the video of it as soon as i get off here!! DYING to see it!

MYLJ: Congrats on taking out the DYO bracket, popping a perfectly good set of tyres, and being paqrt of the first EVER Dead heat at heathcote raceway... I think you stole the show mate! And congrats on running your best time on your burnout engine not your race motor! hehehe!

Lushaz: You did really well mate! Jeff and Nicole both told me that you just got out there and gave it a red hot go and had a blast doing it! I hear that with Jeff's help you got your times down a bit too? Good on you for getting out there and having a go it was great to meet you!

Theyre just a few of the comments that i wanted to say.. My brain is a bit fried still so no doubt there will be more to come, But once again thanks to everyone who made the effort to come out and make the day so great, Thanks to all the new racers and the mates of members who came out and had a go and had some fun! Hopefully weve got a few new hooked drag racers amongst us and the next day will be bigger and better than this one!

I'm off to bed before i pass out!
Cheers!

#50 _LUSHUS LH_

_LUSHUS LH_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:13 PM

Tiny thanks for the words of encouragement. i had absoulutly NO clue what so ever an thanks to everyone that helped me!! i Realised later on that i was going until the green light came on so i got program myself to go when the last yellow comes up an to keep the revs up, to worried i was going to break something.
next time ill bring some different tyres up an give the burn outs a go!!
and well done to simmo for winnin the girls DYO. i didnt realise you hadnt raced before, so good on you aswell!!!
Thanks everyone an see you all next time for sure.

lushaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users