Talk about ingenuity

#302 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:45 PM

Holy shitballs.

Talk about ingenuity

haha, thanks mate. 

The supercharger arrived today, man its going to be tight but i think i can do it. The dizzy and idle valve have to go/be moved to make room for the plumbing but it looks like i can squeeze this under the drivers side manifold. NFI how ill fit a 2nd intercooler in there, i think if i can do it she'll be a 'top mount' from a subaru liberty offset to the side.

#303 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:43 PM

Outsourced the sensor bracket, i asked for thick and chunky. I likey.

DSC_0068_1.jpg

#304 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:46 PM

Well in my usual style i've managed to go 1 step forward, 2 steps back. The 'SC14' i bought turns out to be a SC12, and my turbo shat itself. It looks like someone forgot to bleed the air out of the coolant lines and cooked the CHRA :(. I dont have the cash to spend on a replacement CHRA so I'm thinking ill just use a spare turbo i have lying around. I have a journal bearing Garrett GT4082, a twin scroll IHI VF38 and a R33 skyline turbos to choose from. 

The sensible option would be the VF38, it would be on full boost @ 2500rpm. I've worked out the pulley ratio's and i should get 9psi of boost from the SC12 from idle which will spool the turbo even sooner. This could be awesome to drive, but the turbo would act like its on a much bigger engine so id be bypassing the SC at very low RPM, great throttle response but ill loose the top end with such a small turbo.

The ridiculous option is the GT4082, Im not sure it'll spool (even twin charged) so ill have to sit down and do the math but assuming it does eventually spool id get my 9psi from the SC then get a massive slab of power in the top end. Decisions decisions...

The good news is the SC brackets are done, i've just gotta do a test fit and make sure it clears the intake runners. Also i had a V-belt groove machined off and a serpentine pulley from a BF falcon machined down and fitted.

20150604_114414_resized.jpg

20150604_114551_resized.jpg

20150604_114404_resized.jpg

20150604_114536_resized.jpg

-Damien

#305 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:22 PM

What happened to your old HQ sedan and the Monaro?

#306 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:45 PM

I sold the HQ sedan to my cousin and the Monaro is the blue thing in the background. :)

#307 _Gunmetal LH_

_Gunmetal LH_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:42 PM

S/C looks like it's 'supposed' to go there.

How are you going to do the by-pass?

#308 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:59 PM

It tucks in there real neat, i did have to cut off the rear mounting tab and modify the engine mount.

I'm going to use a drive by wire throttle body, i already have a BA falcon tb but I'm not sure ill get a smooth transition with such a large (3") opening. 

#309 _Gunmetal LH_

_Gunmetal LH_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

Are you using the s/c to blow into the turbo or be separate with 2 intakes?

#310 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:19 PM

Ahh, there will be a single intake. It'll go...

Turbo---Intercooler---Supercharger---Intercooler---Throttle
                                   |             |
                                    ----Bypass----

I would tune the bypass to be open at idle/cruise, than it would transition shut as the throttle position opens until i reach the desired boost level then the bypass would transition back to open again. There will be a compounding effect to start with so boost should rise rapidly as the SC will multiply the boost provided by the turbo. The waste-gate will control the total boost at which point i should have the bypass fully opened. over-boost spark cut will be my friend figuring that one out haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users