LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

Welcome to the forums Tony! You will find an absolute wealth of knowledge on here if you have the time to dig around.

Regarding the brakes, feel free to pick my brain as much as you want. Only more than happy to detail how I did mine (there is also a thread or two in the tech section on the topic too). Looking forward to seeing your new Torana, you should start a thread on these forums once you have it, I'm sure everyone would love to see it.

#55 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:41 PM

I thought I would post up some new pics I haven't put up before.... these are Luke Oxley's other shots from the Xtreme photoshoot last year:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:43 PM

And Luke's action photos:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#57 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:51 PM

NICE stuff mate :)
Nothing better than those action photos! Drive it like you stole it... (Never forget mosskitos!!!)

Welcome Tizzle! Bout time champ!

:spoton:

#58 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:51 PM

Hey Brett, did you ever try polished headlight surrounds on LXCHEV? I reckon that would look ace. Maybe even try a silver grill.... Just to see how it looks!

Just swap grills with the Hatch?

#59 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:54 PM

Brett on the skidpan being silly!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#60 _Tizzle_

_Tizzle_
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:14 PM

love the action shots Brett...so friggin tough...im just hoping i can get mine sounding like yours does man...
Something that shakes the ground everytime its drives past!! lol.

#61 Guns n roses

Guns n roses

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:17 PM

the 1st pic u posted up on this page.the blue looks absolutly awesome in the sun!!

#62 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:10 PM

Tiny - that was a top night at Mosskito's, I haven't forgotten it, HAHAHA! It's good to test out rev limiters now and then - you know, just to make sure they still work ;)

Matty - I have actually tried polished headlight surrounds for a couple of weeks. I will have to show you a pic. They didn't really work on my car, they made the front look really 'boxy'. Because my colour is quite dark, I've always just preferred the 'blacked-out' look for the front, plus it's different to what most seem to do. It might not be as standout and defined, but it's more of a mean / rough look. One day I will have to swap the silver grill in from the hatch just to see what it looks like though. Cheers for the skidpan pics, they get me itching to get back out there!!!! Some of the best fun I've ever had.

Tony - nothing beats the sound of a thumping V8! If you decide to go for a high-tech engine in your new toy, at least get it sounding as angry as you can, otherwise just go old-school!

And Gary - thanks mate. I totally agree - I love how the blue looks in that pic too. For that photoshoot I literally spent 2 straight days detailing the car - claying, polishing, touching up etc... it had never looked so good before. The pics were taken late afternoon in Summer. Galaxy blue really comes to life when the sun hits it on the right angles.

#63 _Tizzle_

_Tizzle_
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:43 PM

Tony - nothing beats the sound of a thumping V8! If you decide to go for a high-tech engine in your new toy, at least get it sounding as angry as you can, otherwise just go old-school!

it will have the biggest cam possible!!! hahah..

#64 _BAILLIE_

_BAILLIE_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:35 PM

Hey Brett, how are you mate?

A real top effort with your build and it's great to know you still get out and drive it. I love your car man, although i know it best as QIK202. I remember you having a brief chat with me and my friends about the car years ago in the car park next to the mountain gate shops. I also remember having a chat with (im pretty sure it was your girlfriend) your missus out the front of FTG Safeway when she still had her Gemmy. She did have a Gemmy right? I also have very fond memories of seeing and hearing you getting all crossed up in QIK202 on a regular basis. About 8-9 years ago i moved in to the units nextdoor to you and got to see your Torry and the red one (your old mans?) all the time, and the chick with the Gemmy lived nextdoor on the other side. Every time she warmed it up in the mornings that Gem would be shaking our lounge room windows at idle.

Ever since then i have been moving house something crazy, averaging something like once every 3months, always getting further away from FTG and it sucks 'coz i grew up there and it feels like home. I've been in the northern suburbs for a few years now and hate the fact that there's hardly any tough street machines out this way.

Last time i saw your car i barely recognised it because of the LXCHEV plates. Anyways, it was great to see and get to know the history of your Torry, your car has helped form and inspire the dreams of my future cars when i was a kid. So thankyou mate, for just being who you are, and BTW i think the all black headlight surrounds and grill suit you car really well with that colour and you shouldn't change em.

Cheers,

-Baillie

#65 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:56 AM

Wow, small world! Cheers for the kind words Baillie, it's great hearing stuff like that mate. It's a pity we didn't get to hang out when you lived in the same street, I never realised there was another car nut up the road. I've moved away from FTG now anyway and bought a house of my own. Now I'm itching to build a dirt big shed! haha.

The Gemmy was an ex-missus car. That's long gone now. It was replaced with a 308 powered LX for a while, but that's now gone too. (If you thought the Gem made noise, you would've loved/hated the Torrie!!!).

It sounds like the car scene out your way isn't too good, that's a shame. Maybe when Spring/Summer time kicks around again, you should head back out East for one of the Knox City cruise night car shows. It'd be cool to catch up mate.

Cheers :)

#66 _BAILLIE_

_BAILLIE_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

No worries mate, im sure your over-due for a shed hey : )

Yeh it would be good to catch up, ill keep it mind. I've got an LX in the build at the mo and hoping to have it on the road by the end of the year. It's up now in members projects under 77 LX Drifter :D

#67 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:41 AM

It is a very nice car, you have done well.
Don't care what anyone says, Hotwires on Torana's are No1.

#68 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:06 PM

Couldn't resist posting these.... some old pics from Deb's phone inside her EH. She got to watch on as I got handed a nice yellow sticker heading up to Springnats in 2007!!! Not happy Jan :( You can see the cop holding his damn wheelie height tester. The only thing that failed on the car was the extractor flange too, I was spewing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#69 _mello92_

_mello92_
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:22 PM

"Insert inappropriate comment about Highway patrol officers here."

But mate, what a car! Posted Image

#70 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:23 AM

HAHA! Thats a great pic to have!! Good work deb quickly taking a happy snap!

#71 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

Haha yeah mello I can think of a few inappropriate comments :)

Just drives me crazy when cops target car events... but let's not open that can of worms.

It's a cool pic to have Matt, but maybe we should try for one better and get some funky aerial pics from a police helicopter - maybe a high speed chase or something! LOL.

#72 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

^^ Yeah, go for it mate! Maybe its something we can do on the TSC photoshoot.

I saw a few cops driving back from Heathcote on the weekend as well... Both TOG's and both had pulled over cars that were coming back from heathcote.... For All i know, they could have been speeding or driving dangerously, and if they were, then they deserve to be pulled over and hit with the law... But if they were just driving back safely and not harming anyone, thats what annoys me too.

P.S, you should have heard Mish's car at last nights meeting!!! DAMMMN!!! Its f*cking loud!!!!!

#73 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:51 PM

Haha yeah he came past my joint after the meeting. Insane LOUD! His 383 is already making more power at half throttle at just over 5,000rpm than mine at full noise! And his should rev easily to 7 - 8,000. I'm meant to be going for a cruise in it tonight, can't bloody wait! Totally spewing I couldn't make it to the club meeting last night :(

#74 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:54 PM

Oh Serious!!

What power did it pull? Thats bloody mental! I am so jealous! Just means I'll have to go bigger and better? Blown LS2 should work....

#75 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:12 PM

Haha blown LS2!!! Yeah that will do it!

At this stage Mish's is making around 230rw-kW. As I said, that was half throttle, around 5,000rpm. His cam is only just getting going. Engine builder/dyno tuner estimates bare minimum it will make 280, but more likely into the low 300's. Not bad for a N/A 383 built on a budget.

PS. He's running the same Holley billet mechanical fuel pump that I bought for mine. Looks like it's a good pump!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users