LJ Rubber kit

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 _Machine_

_Machine_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:29 AM

Am i right in saying that the only LJ Torana rubber kits are made by rare spares and repackaged by other companies?
M.

#2 _Phantom10_

_Phantom10_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:23 PM

Theres a few on ebay, not sure who they are made by tho.. i know one thing.. they are DAMN EXPENSIVE!! lol

#3 _Machine_

_Machine_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:39 PM

yeah well the one I am looking at is just selling the hollow door rubbers and they are saying that they make them they are not rare spares ones!!!
Suss I think.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=270421438721
straight line performance parts.
I would also like to know what a complete rares kit costs as opposed to these ones.
M.

#4 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

Am i right in saying that the only LJ Torana rubber kits are made by rare spares and repackaged by other companies?
M.

Yes in most cases, Rare Spares manufactures all door seals from 48 � Commodore although there are a couple of companies making some simple door seals but still using Rare Spares material. All of the moulded rubbers are Rare Spares vent window seals, windscreen seals etc. Rare Spares is trying to stop people repackaging their product as this is misleading to the public and is called passing off and may result in court action.
Les

#5 _Machine_

_Machine_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:52 PM

so that link ^ he is b...s...ing me eh?
how much is a full rares kit for Lj 2 door with the new door seals Les?

#6 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

so that link ^ he is b...s...ing me eh?
how much is a full rares kit for Lj 2 door with the new door seals Les?

I do not know if it is BS, there is an extrusion we make that is called the hollow section he may be using that, yes the doors close very easily for a time as the seal is designed for a snug fit and only to be opened on rare occasions not the rate that a car door is opened and shut but more in line with an electrical cabinet.

For the rubber kits have a look here https://rsp-secure.com/gmhtorana/

#7 ryano1911

ryano1911

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Name:Ryan Catterall
  • Car:LC 2 door S

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

I recently(September) brought a full rare spares kit and have been a little dissapointed with the fitment especially with the boot rubber havn't got to the door rubbers yet.
Have you had issus with the boot rubber not fiiting in some cases Les??? and Is there anything I can do?

#8 _BIGCAV_

_BIGCAV_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:22 AM

i havent personally had any complaints before, Les is currently away

what was the exact issues?

#9 ryano1911

ryano1911

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:52 PM

The rubber seems to be to high and doesn't compress I've fitted it both ways and I can't close the boot. I have tried adjusting the catch but still no luck

#10 _BIGCAV_

_BIGCAV_
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

sorry ryan i think i missed the reply, i am going to test fit up a seal as soon as i can arrange for a test car, early next week i hope

#11 ryano1911

ryano1911

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

sorry ryan i think i missed the reply, i am going to test fit up a seal as soon as i can arrange for a test car, early next week i hope

Thanks Mate, I'm also talking with Bob Brown about it and He's offered to send out a replacement free of charge cause he thinks that maybe a case of wrong rubber right bag. But I have replied to him saying that all the plugs line up fine its a more a case of the rubber not compressing enough cause it's making the boot lid sit 10+mm high without the striker fitted which is wired.
When the striker is fitted you really have to slam the shit out of it and most of the time it bounces back up.

#12 darway43

darway43

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Name:David
  • Car:LJ 2 door
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

I bought my set through Clark Rubber as my wife works there. The first set were shitty like the ones I already had (10 years and the doors still didnt shut properly) so she sent them back and their supplier sent some "new stock" that had been modified and they fit great. I think the suppliers may have a lot of the old door rubbers in stock and are just trying to get rid of them. But having said that they were more than happy to swap them over. They are supplied by Spectrum Rubbers.

Cheers
Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users