hoon drivers and cruises targeted

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 _sik208_

_sik208_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:44 PM

just reading todays sunday mail and again there is a 2 page article on hoon drivers and burnouts. Thanks to all these idiots we are all now getting targeted so be very carefull on any cruise in s.a as the police WILL target you no matter what club you are from even if you dont hoon or participate in stupidty we all will be frowned upon time to leave the torrie locked up in the shed longer not worth the headaches just my rant cheers

SIK208

#2 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:47 PM

I know for me it got to the point where I could not park the car anywhere without midnight spares wanting to have ago, drive it without the cops wanting to hassle me which only left washing and polishing, but I built mine to drive, but finding a quite backroad safe from others and the harsh penilties yeah sold it 2 years ago really miss it now

#3 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:24 PM

Yep, minority stuff it for the majority again.

I think we need to focus on what can we do to improve our image!

Any ideas?

#4 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:32 PM

Any ideas?

easy.....turn on "hoons". Just ring the cops and report their late model car...Do it everyday.......If eveyone does it and reports a LATE MODEL car then the focus will gradually change....

#5 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:02 PM

The cars are for driving not hiding them in sheds...

HTC will not tolerate that kind of behavior.
I for one, haven't seen it on any of our outings.

Our image is improved by the quality of its members cars.
Too valuable and precious to treat them with such disrespect.

Individuals being wankers, should not be allowed to cast shadows on well run car clubs.
Isn't that why SA has Hoon Laws , to stop these idiots ?

Could be a good discussion point at the meeting Baron...

APL

#6 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:15 PM

Our image is improved by the quality of its members cars.
Too valuable and precious to treat them with such disrespect.

Cops cant discriminate......thats why they are cops...think of them them as kids...they like your car,they dont like your car.......It doesnt matter......They decide...They like your car or they dont like yor car......THATS WHY THEY ARE COPS.......They DONT THINK!

#7 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:34 PM

I'm still considering a HB.

No one would be considered a hoon in a HB.

#8 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:01 AM

I'm still considering a HB.

No one would be considered a hoon in a HB.

And you too could join the [inner sanctum] isnt that scarey but a win- win situation,but has to be black.

#9 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:04 AM

Any ideas?

HB stands ive heard for hairy butt not a good image.

#10 _sik208_

_sik208_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:07 AM

understand the cars are for driving and not for hiding but if we as owners of modified cars are going to be targeted at organized cruises whats the point even if we are not part of these clubs with bad reputations we still will be frowned upon wonder if they are going to take notice at the bay to birdwood later this year?????

#11 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,150 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:16 AM

I wonder if anyone is getting hung up on incorrect use of terminology - is their definition of 'cruises' different to what we would normally use? I know over here the term being thrown around is 'congregation', aimed at stopping the boy racers from gathering in large numbers (especially in certain areas) which is supposedly where the idiots come out to play.

Regardless though, many of these ideas in general are due to blatant intolerance for our hobby. The end result is usually that the more mature enthusiasts miss out and the less mature rebel :sad:

#12 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:12 AM

the problem is one of preception, however the answer is not an easy one if people believe something it is very hard to change their minds if not impossible, and lets face it not everyone with a old hotted up torana is law abiding in fact i would surgest that most are not, that said most infringments would be of a minnor nature noise exhast a few km over the limit

#13 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:07 PM

We had a police man and a police women stop at a club meet yesterday. They parked next to our cars, got out, said g'day and asked if we minded them admiring the cars. The were young cops and just wanted to have a look which was great.

During the day we passed by a few marked cars and not one of them bothered to pay us any attention.

I think up here the ricers get more attention than the classics which suits me fine......until my R33 arrives from Japan......

#14 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

While the main guts of the article was about the poor behavior of one group in particular there was a mention of the good reputation that SAMAS have with the police faternity. This was great to read in the article as previously there would have been nothing good mentioned at all in an article of this type.
Sadly lots of readers don't read much further than the head lines or first paragraph and wouldn't get to the bit about responsible clubs.

#15 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:18 AM

I wonder if anyone is getting hung up on incorrect use of terminology - is their definition of 'cruises' different to what we would normally use? I know over here the term being thrown around is 'congregation', aimed at stopping the boy racers from gathering in large numbers (especially in certain areas) which is supposedly where the idiots come out to play.

Regardless though, many of these ideas in general are due to blatant intolerance for our hobby. The end result is usually that the more mature enthusiasts miss out and the less mature rebel :sad:

Just think things could be worse Mr.Rann could organise to have us arrested every time we get together i can see the headlines now [inner sanctum members jailed]

#16 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:19 PM

Just think things could be worse Mr.Rann could organise to have us arrested every time we get together i can see the headlines now [inner sanctum members jailed]

With all that horse power and the classic styling of the HB, it shouldn't surprise anyone that the Inner Sanctum could be a target.

APL

#17 _greenmachine215_

_greenmachine215_
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:51 AM

Im going to "mantle piece" the hatch, and just keep drivin the daily on cruises

Ive found it pretty hard being an Under 25 driver having the hatch People do throw u in the YOUNG LAD HOT CAR "hoon" category, But to be 100% honest, I never want to lose my hatch,Get any fines.Or defected

Ive put Hundreds and hundreds of hard time and effort and Thousands of dollars into the car over the past 5 years,
When i went on cruises I was on my best behaviour Knowing that i would probably have been watched to start with

So its pretty simple for the S.A Gov in other words " if you dont want to lose it, Dont bring it out"

This whole HOON Uproar is starting to get a bit out of hand and im personally sick of hearing about it.

(p.s i just hit my 500th post YAY! :rockon:

Edited by greenmachine215, 21 July 2009 - 02:52 AM.

#18 _sik208_

_sik208_
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:15 PM

thats my exact thoughts except the under 25 part lol no matter how mellow u drive its classed as a potential hoon car eg anything that fits into muscle car fits that catagory will be targeted it doesnt take much these days for a copper with a slight attitude to slap another canary on the window even if you are just doing the right thing as much as i love the cruising side of it im not to keen on the extra attention and headaches involved with removing another defect just easier to leave it in the shed till the heat calms down and all the attention gets focused on the real dickheads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users