Powercruise 09 (10th 11th 12th & 13th September)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:58 PM

Anyone going to this one ?

If you are going to enter a car, just a quick reminder to pay before 17th july for cheaper entry (as below)

Pre Paid - before 17th July 2009 $120 ............(Includes 1 driver pass & 1 vehicle pass)
Pre Paid - before 25th August 2009 $180 .........(Includes 1 driver pass & 1 vehicle pass)
On the day of the event $240 ........................(Includes 1 driver pass & 1 vehicle pass)

More info..... http://www.powercrui...e=entrants#info

Id say "im going" but after my past history with entering events im saying nothin ! ;)

MT

#2 _UCV80_

_UCV80_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for the info and the reminder im going to pay asap, $120 is not bad at all for 3 days of fun, Ill be there.

#3 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:05 PM

I'm not going to powercruise 9 that was two years ago in darwin, but i am going to pc 19 this september lol. Already entered.

Also dont forget its 30 to camp on top of your entry fee.

#4 _UCV80_

_UCV80_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

Do you know if that $30 covers the driver and passenger for camping.

#5 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:30 PM

Ha-ha ! it does read like that AGGRO , thats what happens when you drink beer and use the PC :spit: yes maybe i should have put 2009 ?

Anyway.... @ Powercruise "19" sept 2009 :P

Camping is now $40 for the whole weekend (or only a day), as below.........

Camping costs an additional $40 per person for Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night

NOTE....The Entry form still has camping @ $30 so guess if you pay when you pre-enter you may save $10 due to them forgetting to change it ?

Do you know if that $30 covers the driver and passenger for camping.

I had some A/V gear hired out @ PC last year so didn't have to pay for my camping, so not 100% sure, but as i read it Nathan, it only covers the driver (one person)

So unfortunately, the car full of 18yr old girls you wanted to take (to keep you warm in the night) may just have to pay extra :tease: he-he !

Spectators Camping info...

http://www.powercrui...ctators#camping

MT

#6 _NSS308_

_NSS308_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

Im going for sure. We have a couple of cars in the build and should be ready by then.3 days of tyre burnin kaos,cant wait

#7 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

Only covers per person. And if the form says 30 thats all i'm paying, so sad, too bad on them for not changin it. Its printed and legal so not our problem - just take an entry form in case they try and pull that shit on ya. I got a text msg today to confirm my entry.

#8 _UCV80_

_UCV80_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:23 PM

i just realised the $120 is only for one driver, i read it wrong. thought pass meant passenger haha. a little dispointing, will cost another $120 per person to come along and camp + spectate

So unfortunately, the car full of 18yr old girls you wanted to take (to keep you warm in the night) may just have to pay extra he-he !

Im sure the misses would like that lol

#9 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:52 PM

Well it is very expensive for them to hire out the track for 4 full days. Its still very cheap. Its what 36 to go to the drags for one night, 150 to do a full day of sprints. So it is still good value.

#10 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:59 PM

I'll be there with my bro in law in a purple RX3. Will have to make sure we line you up on the back straight Steve !!

#11 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:23 PM

Not organising any runs untill the car is at the track mr-t, don't want to jinks myself (again) ;)

Are you guys going to camp any nights ? if so what nights ?

Im thinking about taking half the stuff out of the van and use it to set up a camp, ive got a 7.5kva genset for power and if ive got enough room, i might even take a plasma so we could play the days video footage, or just all the funny stuff from everyones laptops :spoton:

Guess we won't need the BBQ if your in-law is bringing his "chook cooker" :tease: (sorry couldn't resist, go the wankel !)

MT

#12 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:14 AM

Only 2 weeks to go ! :rockon:

So if your still getting your car ready,might be time to light the other end of the candle ?

(he-he)

MT

#13 _Squarepants_

_Squarepants_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:07 PM

Went out today, great turn out! Heaps of cars and heaps and heaps people!
Had a ride in Mums Taxi, FFFAAAAAARRRRRK! Awesome! He dusted quite a few really hot, fast cars, surprised the hell out of me!
Anyhoo, here's a couple pics from today...
Mums Taxi...
Posted Image
Posted Image
A couple stand out Torana's...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
This top dollar WRX broke a back wheel off...
Posted Image
It was a good day, got sunburnt as hell as a lot of other people out there did, but it was worth it!
Can't wait to see that footage Steve!

#14 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:14 PM

I like the bumpers on fat LH without the centre indent

#15 _Torrie_Man_

_Torrie_Man_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:56 PM

i couldnt believe how much of a sleeper mums taxi is! i saw it on the way out on the track, the only thing that gave it away was the little suction cupped sticker on the window that read "mums taxi" lol

#16 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:46 PM

Hey Spongebob, Steves UC is a weapon hey !! I went out in it a couple of times and near shat myself the first time. The power was unexpected and Steves stopping technique was a bit different (but it worked). He certainly surprised more than a few people thats for sure. The looks on some of the guys faces after being toasted by the UC was priceless. :blink2:

I spent most of the day with my bro in law and his mate with the rotaries but it was good to get a cruise in a real car. Thanks heaps Steve :spoton:

I have some footage from the day that I will edit and chuck up here when I get the chance.

In the meantime, heres a photo or 40. Warning - does contain eye candy of the non vehicular type.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Big T, 14 September 2009 - 05:51 PM.

#17 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:56 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:52 PM

nice pics there T,

did anyone get any of that black early commo parked near FAT LH

#19 _Squarepants_

_Squarepants_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

LMAO! Yeah, the looks on the people's faces in other cars was prolly the best part of it! Ha ha ha!
And yes, Steves braking technique is one that you wouldn't be taught at any driver training courses LOL, but yes, it definately worked!
Great pics there Big T, that Jag was pretty cool and that rat rod goes like a stabbed cat too!
Which is your bro in laws RX? NRX 300?
That gold XU2 with the super charged 350 is owned by a panel beater named Steve who helped out a bit with painting my car. Good bloke! He put the 6/71 on just for the weekend and is prolly gonna pull it off again now and go back to bracket drag racing.
I got footage of Mums Taxi whipping that yellow super charged LC (PRO 388?) among other weapons, and how huge are the wheels on the back of the purple FAT LH?!?!
I especially liked WARTYM, possibly my favourite car of the day (hard to choose amongst such a plethora of high quality vehicles!)
Spewin' I didn't get to catch up with you there, Big T, maybe next time...

#20 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:42 PM

Wow! what a weekend !

Nice pic's guys, hope you all had as much fun as i did, we must have had about a 95% win ratio for the whole weekend, not bad at all with the amount of high calibre of cars, got a bit hairy at one stage with the mixture of oil,fuel and coolant that some cars had dropped on the track during the session, going sideways on full song after hitting oil @ 170+kph, i think you could be excused from saying you nearly soiled your pants mr-t (its OK i have vinyl seats anyway,ha-ha)

I got footage of Mums Taxi whipping that yellow super charged LC (PRO 388?) among other weapons

That was so funny,i think we may have had 4 people in the car to his 2 as well, he didn't come back for another go either,it was so cool toasting a few tuff looking Blown V8s over the weekend, have to check the video but pretty sure we chopped that WARTYM torrie as well, 185s for the win :rockon:

I must have over 3hrs of footage on the camera to get through before i can get some clips up or make a DVD for you guys, ill let you know when i do.

MT

#21 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:51 PM

185s for the win :rockon:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Thanks for the Pics as well guys!

#22 _turbolj_

_turbolj_
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:38 PM

was a great weekend a few mates and i headed down from townsville and camped the weekend. we brought down 3 tuff street cars, JAG427-big block jag, UTRIED-355 vk calias, and VLF18-rb30 vl turbo. had a ball chomping some of the tuff cars their and weil b there next year with hopefully more cars. :rockon:

#23 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:13 PM

I didn't mind that Jag, not all that keen on the big "cake" out the bonnet look, but still got a bit of a soft spot for em i think, and would be a much better car after turfing the old pommy eng for the 427 for sure. :clappin:

MT

#24 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:00 PM

Powercruise, mumstaxi has 2 runs against a ED taxi :clappin:

Car with the camera was A Turbo 6 ED Falcon, plain white ED with alloys,it did have 424rwhp (manual gearbox) it really was quite a fast car and we saw him toast heaps of stuff over the weekend !

If you look close, i think that might be "squarepants" in the back of the UC ?

(On board Camera situated on RHF gaurd of the falcon.)

Posted Image

MT

Edited by mumstaxi, 22 September 2009 - 01:01 PM.

#25 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:16 PM

Have posted more/most of my Powercruise footage links in my car thread......

Turbo Torana

The latest video up-loaded on my u-tube channel contains the footage of the Torana's we raced. :tomaatit:

MT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users