Clints LH Project

• Please log in to reply
307 replies to this topic

#301 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:21 PM

BTW, what are the panel bolts you used?  Cheers Ron

They are cheap chinese dress up bolts, The old bolts/washers had damaged the paint and left ugly chips etc. I was looking at these LINK but they are super expensive. So got THESE on ebay

When I had the guards off I noticed the speednuts were rusty so had to replace them and did so with M8 ones to suit these bolts, could not find any in imperial.. would prefer some without the logo but could not find any.

Attached File  bolt.jpg   225.03K   18 downloads

Attached File  bolt2.jpg   218.34K   14 downloads

Okay I gotta ask... how the hell do you fill up that washer bottle without removing the guard every time?

With one of these fluid transfer bottles, I drilled and tapped a M10 bolt on the top near the edge I can get to with the wheel at full lock then just pump some water in. But to be honest I rarely use the windscreen washer on any of my cars so I don't foresee my needing to refill it often.  

Attached File  A9434903.jpg   10.33K   11 downloads

#302 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:00 AM

Attached File  treesmall.jpg   453.95K   10 downloads

Took her out for her first voyage, was about a 200km trip. Went down to Dunalley and Eagle hawk neck area. Missus does a blog for our friends/family back home to see the state (Tas) if any of you mainlanders want to see what your missing out on ;)

https://wideopenmind...eck-pirate-bay/

#303 308mate

308mate

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Name:scott
  • Car:76 SS hatch (Royal Plum, Chevron Chamois interior), HQish Van (Orchid Metallic)
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:11 PM

Awsome Clint, long time between drinks, but what a drink...no where better for the maiden voyage.

#304 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:49 AM

I got myself a CNC router a little while ago. Chinese frame which is decent but all the electronics and wiring were rubbish so stripped it all out and replaced with good gear, been playing around abit and made myself a Wiper motor cover plate :)

Attached File  C1.jpg   207.29K   15 downloads

Attached File  c2.jpg   158.74K   13 downloads

Attached File  c3.jpg   278.15K   14 downloads

Attached File  c4.jpg   382.53K   12 downloads

Some billet bonnet hinges are next :)

#305 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,955 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:08 AM

I got myself a CNC router a little while ago. Chinese frame which is decent but all the electronics and wiring were rubbish so stripped it all out and replaced with good gear, been playing around abit and made myself a Wiper motor cover plate :)

Be interested in what you did with the router.

Looking at doing some of the same type of stuff myself.

Converted my drill press but its very limited in what it can do for obvious reasons.

#306 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:33 AM

I got one of these

https://www.ebay.com...&frcectupt=true

Basically binned the control box (in hindsight I should have seen if I could of ordered it without one)

Got a 48V power supply, Gecko G540 stepper controller, Ethernet smooth stepper and Mach4 software, couple of fans and wired it all up with proper earths and shielded cables.

Actually also upgraded the Y-axis to fully supported rails and replaced the bed as it was abit too flimsy for Aluminum. Added limit switches and built an enclosure.

So yea took abit of work but can now reliably cut aluminum.

Edited by Viper, 14 January 2019 - 09:34 AM.

#307 Rockoz

Rockoz

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,955 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:43 AM

I got one of these

https://www.ebay.com...&frcectupt=true

Basically binned the control box (in hindsight I should have seen if I could of ordered it without one)

Got a 48V power supply, Gecko G540 stepper controller, Ethernet smooth stepper and Mach4 software, couple of fans and wired it all up with proper earths and shielded cables.

Actually also upgraded the Y-axis to fully supported rails and replaced the bed as it was abit too flimsy for Aluminum. Added limit switches and built an enclosure.

So yea took abit of work but can now reliably cut aluminum.

Sounds like you didnt use too much of the original purchase at all.

Cheers for the info.

That will go onto my list of things to do.

Thanks

Rob

#308 _2 girls racing_

_2 girls racing_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:47 PM

Would you mind putting up some photos of your finished machine? Just been asked at work to train on our cnc aluminium router so curious to see yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users