Easternats Contenders

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#26 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:18 PM

Sweet, its a done deal. I count that as an invitation and I say Hell yeah, so kind of you to offer!! No need to go through the boss man now, its all been taken care of :D

You should do the burnout elimations on the sat or sun deb and qualify and then let brett jump in on the monday and see what the judges say. Would be awesome as.

I've only ever been a spectator before so it will be cool to have the experience of the pits and heading out on to the track and stuff.

Peace,

#27 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:00 PM

hey liam was that a hint to brett?? just keep in mind i might steal the keys off him, so u may end up with a ride with me driving!!! hehe

deb

Deb, you do know that there are two liams dont you, that means obviously when you say liam you mean me...

...Right? :blink:

#28 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:29 PM

guys guys guys, the liam im talking to knows who im talking to. unfortunately the offer was for LIAM, not liam.w. Liam is a mate of bretts and is yet to go in his car so i want to take him for a spin. sorry dude.

as for liam(sam) im still not sure how it works at easternats, if we can co enter or what. ill be happy to just do a skid on the front straight in the section.

deb

#29 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:31 PM

Yeah, sorry Liam W. Better luck next time. You wouldn't have enjoyed it much anyway after I had broken both your legs for taking my track time :D

#30 _J&S Racing_

_J&S Racing_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:37 PM

I will be there but with no SS as it's not ready yet, maybe next year although I might be getting it up to the springnats this year.

Brett if you can I would love a ride in that BEAST of yours.

#31 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:01 PM

guys guys guys, the liam im talking to knows who im talking to. unfortunately the offer was for LIAM, not liam.w. Liam is a mate of bretts and is yet to go in his car so i want to take him for a spin. sorry dude.

I was jokin deb :P I probably wont even be there at this moment, might be going jet-skiing, cant go to easternats, life tough lol. You better enjoy that ride Liam! lol.
Enjoy, and post pictures!

#32 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:46 PM

at the rate people want rides in bretts beast we should start charging, hehe!! maybe cost of fuel for a couple laps, hehe, what would that add up to be, hmm $20, hehe.

i hope his car is all ready to go, or you may be all getting rides in his hatch, lol

deb

#33 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:22 PM

at the rate people want rides in bretts beast we should start charging, hehe!! maybe cost of fuel for a couple laps, hehe, what would that add up to be, hmm $20, hehe.

you might want to charge them for tyre wear too :D :D , or they could bring there own for you to fry :spoton:

#34 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:30 PM

you might want to charge them for tyre wear too :D  :D , or they could bring there own for you to fry :spoton:

PWAHH! I'd do that, go down to a tyre junk yard and pick up some really warn ones lol, (I dont think brett would mind if his rims gotta little screwed :rolleyes:) and give those tyres what was coming for them!

Edited by Liam.W, 01 April 2006 - 03:32 PM.

#35 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, sorry mate, seems I've started something here. Looks like your not getting to drive it much when you want but will be playing tourist guide :D "And straight ahead you will see the left hand concrete wall, and if you look again now its the right concrete wall, never mind the smoke, thats supposed to be there..." haha

#36 Guns n roses

Guns n roses

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 07:06 PM

what be the best day to head out??duont wanna go mond cause its just finals,and i also gonna go to the fe fc nationals,so sunday be the go?

#37 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:34 PM

hey all,

well easternats is over for anothe year!!

Entrant numbers were at a high. maybe possibly too high. It was caos, caos out cruzin and caos in the pits. They changed the set up of how you came off the track which really stuffed things up. They way they were directing traffic was actually in my eyes making it worse.

On the track is was busy, but every now and then you would get some free track. Specially as cars would break down on the track or overheat, or crash, it would mean less cars out there, hehe.

brett was kind enough to hand over the keys to the blue beast, so i got some cruzin time, got to kick it out sideways a couple of times and once when i wasnt trying to, geez that was scary but funny at the same time, hehe.

After everyone wanting a ride in bretts car, we only ended up taking guns n roses for a burl, hope you had fun bud!!

There were some awesome and im talking awesome torries out there, i havent stopped talking about how i want me and brett to build up a show rana now. I want one more than my panny now!!!

we had some dramas with bretts car on sunday so we were left in the que for time trials for nearly 2 hours before being flat towed back to the pits. we got it going again for monday, and got some more cruzin done. And then brett went in the drags, it was funny being in line, cos as the que moved up we wondered what car we would end up next to, there were some commodores, torries, hq's, and a heap of full on drag cars and ones with nos. In the end it was quite comical, we went up against this little corolla, the guys just looked at us and knew they were going to lose. it was funny!! We absolutely thrashed them, getting us into the next round.

as we went around the track we saw more and more drags cars in the line and less slow cars, so there was no stopping us being up against something with serious power. not sure what was in it, but we ended up aginst a lj or lc drag car, we had him at the start but he sailed on past us in the end, only for it to break down at the end, doh!!! if only he had of broken down and let us win, cos in the end he was out due to the problem so that sucked!!

We had heaps of fun over the weekend, but were both soo worn out from it all now. Hopefully brett will post up some pics when he gets time. Cant wait to see how jadey's offical easternat pics turn out!!! Keep us posted to when there up chic!

EHGIRL-DEB

#38 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:41 PM

Hey Deb,

Good to hear you guys had such a blast! I was disappointed I missed it all, but I was torn between two things and was going to miss out on something either way. I was driving back on monday thinking of all those nice cars and yep, I could be going round the track right now. Whats more I came home past calder and saw a few nice rides on the road which just helped to remind me.

The drags are always like that, pure luck determines how far you get because of the such wide level of cars entered. But fun is the main thing and you would have had plenty of that. And its good to see that the conversion is almost complete for you to torana's, haha.

Pics would be great.

Cheers,

#39 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:56 PM

hey liam,

yeah if you saw the torries that were there on the weekend, you'd understand why ive fallen more in love with them. hehe. I dont know its a good think tho, cos the kind of torrie i want now is probably going to cost more than the panny, hehe. Hmm shinny blower, tubs, the list goes on. You guys have created a monster in me now!! hehe

#40 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:16 AM

yeh, there was WAY TO MANY EFFING COMMODORES!!!!! people think they own a v8 commo they can enter easternats!

But on the other hand the quality of the other torry's there was awesome! My favourite one was the Green LH dumped on its arse! i think with the plates GMHLH or something like that! i loved it, i can post pics eventually! i got a bout 75, i took my girlfriend along and she absolutely loved it, i got claw mark in my arm and back... every time a good car went past she would get excited and dig her nails into me! she didnt even realise she was doing it! and it was her idea that when we got home that i take the hatch out for a spin to "blow out the cobwebs'!

#41 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:10 AM

yeh, there was WAY TO MANY EFFING COMMODORES!!!!! people think they own a v8 commo they can enter easternats!

I AGREE, too many crummiedores that we way too stock, clogging up the track and making it less fun for the rest of us.

#42 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:33 PM

Does any one know who took out the burnout final??

#43 _J&S Racing_

_J&S Racing_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:38 PM

Julz and I went on the Monday had a look around the Pitts we saw some very nice cars one of them being LXCHEV, I got a good look at Mick Voase's Lx hatch thats a very nice Torana he was of course in the finals for the street drags with that Purple Cortina but he lost, going by the tyre smoke for most of the way down tyre traction was the cause.

There was way to many commodores something they need to stop next year.

LX406, thats a good question there were a few that could of and plenty that got bood off.

#44 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:00 PM

Burnout winners

1st Peter Gray--- 1967 Comaro, blown 454

2nd Clint Ogilvie Pink LJ torana, blown 308

3rd Phil Youlten Orange cemini , 355 strocker

#45 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:12 PM

I knew it!!! :furious:

Peter Gray's skid was good, but not the best, plus he continued to spin his wheels for ages after the tyres had blown . I reckon he would have dug a hole in the track for sure. I just checked the rules and I quote:

"Continuing to do burnouts on your rims will incur a 5 point penalty"

The blown and injected XT falcon was a winner in my eyes. Clint Ogilvy did a worthy skid, and thoughily deserved his second.

Like ususal, I get so mad when it comes to burnout judging at the easternats. How do I become a judge? I know, be mates with Peter Gray. :furious:

#46 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:13 AM

I'm with you LX406. Same as last year. He popped his tyres about 20 seconds in from memory and came away with 1st prize, its so rigged.

#47 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:44 AM

Last year the orange gemini of Phil Youlten blew his tyres within the 1st 30 seconds. I had it on video and out a stop watch on it. I quote the rules from the easternats website:

"Burnouts must last 70% of the allocated time. No static burnouts are allowed. "

1.5 minutes is the allocated time. He went on to take away the $3000 1st prize. There is a lot of money being won, surely they can get the rules enforced. A mate of mine came 8th with a ripper skid last year. He got something like3/10 for presentation. He has a professionally painted two pack spray job, very shiny. Maybe he didn't have a blower sticking out.

#48 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:51 AM

That's what i hate about Burnout Comps etc.

While there is a set of guidelines for Judging them, there is no objective way of judging them!

Its all up to the judges opinion and feel of the show that's put on by the contestant.

Have a look at the comments raised about a recent burnout comp at WSID, The winner followed none of the guidelines while others pulled mammoth skids only to win.... NOTHING.

http://www.gmh-toran...?showtopic=4382

Scroll down and see the link that Struggler posted. Says it all!

Cheers.

#49 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 10:44 AM

well I've been trying to think of the appropriate thing to say about the Easternats Burnout comp. , as a competitor I was dissapointed to say the least. The commentators need to stay impartial, the amount of "hype" that they gave to first 3 place getters compared to the rest of the field was disgusting. If part of the "scoring" is based on crowd reaction then it is not fair for the commentators to build up one car/driver over the rest. If these comp's are to be taken seriously (and they are with the money now on offer) then it has to be an even playing field for all, no commentator favoritism hyping up the crowd!

It was also interesting to note that the last 3 cars to run on the day came 1st, 2nd and 3rd :rolleyes: I wonder if the results would have been different if they were not allowed to do this and had come out earlier in the finals.

On a seperate note scruiteneering at the easternats was a bloody joke!

The first question I was asked (after I opened the bonnet) by the young girl scruitineering my car was (and this is not a joke, this is what she said)

"is it front or rear wheel drive? you will have to tell me cause I don't know the difference"
................WHAT THE :furious: Its a 1972 HQ with a 454 chev , if the person scruiteneering cant tell that its rear wheel drive then what the f-ck are the doing scruitineering cars :furious: :furious: :furious:

they then proceeded to fail my car for one of the headlights being out :rolleyes: apparently the car needed to be "roadworthy in appearance" to pass scruitineering, what a f-cking joke several other cars had there headlights removed for turbo intakes but it was ok for them to not have operating headlights :rolleyes:

Pity really as Easternats is one of my Favourite events, as I said at the top "it was dissapointing to say the least."

Well thats my 2 cents worth, now I'm off to the shed to pull the 454 out, I had to put 2 more bottles of chemi-weld into it on Finals day as it desided it wanted to turn the coolant into a cappachino :rolleyes: so its time to fix it once and for all.....................................................might also be a good time to put a pump on top of it too :spoton:

#50 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:36 AM

Bias is always a factor that is difficult to control and is expected to be kept at a minimum, yet lately it seems that it's blown beyond that. :<_<:

On Monday, I was there at the fence, near the centre of the burnout area, with a very good view.
There were plenty of burnouts during the competition that were just as good if not better than the last three and there were a few that I would say were better. There is some obvious bias there and the people that organised this obviously plan and pre-stage these events to a certian degree. Maybe they think they are preparing a climax or something. Yet it is not clearly advertised to the audience as to who the winners are (probably coz there would be the risk of a lot of dissapointed/outraged brawlers)

During the middle of the competition there were some excellent burnouts that the crowd enjoyed and cheered. The green 454 HQ was one of these: I hooted and cheered my lungs out, but then again, I'm a bit biased. :spoton:
I was also biased when that chick jumped out of one burnout car at the end of its burnout and flashed her tits. LOL. I think there should be something adding points in the rules about tits, LOL :tease:

The first question I was asked (after I opened the bonnet) by the young girl scruitineering my car was (and this is not a joke, this is what she said)

"is it front or rear wheel drive? you will have to tell me cause I don't know the difference"
................WHAT THE  Its a 1972 HQ with a 454 chev , if the person scruiteneering cant tell that its rear wheel drive then what the f-ck are the doing scruitineering cars 

they then proceeded to fail my car for one of the headlights being out apparently the car needed to be "roadworthy in appearance" to pass scruitineering, what a f-cking joke several other cars had there headlights removed for turbo intakes but it was ok for them to not have operating headlights 

Dude, you should have told her that the headlights only work at night time :tease:

At the end of the day, the people aren't silly and they can see who's done well. There are too many witnesses who can judge for themselves and this only makes the judges (and even the relevant organisers) look stupid and discredit them, ruin their reputation and shame them in the public eye. Hopefully 'they' will notice the criticism and take it positively and take measures to avoid these things next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users