Easternats Contenders

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 _LX406_

_LX406_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 12:01 PM

Yeah thats all well and good, but when the winners get $3000, thats when I get furious. The cheque had Peter Gray's name on it before he even did his skid!!

#52 _smokem_

_smokem_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 12:41 PM

unfortunately i never ended up making it over but i still sat
back here in adelaide and picked the place getters a week ago!!
my digg is peter GAY needs to have a sit back everynow and again
and let someone else have a win like some of the other masters have done in the past...Yes,yes i know clints a master aswell, but clints used the new engine all of three times now where as
peter goes to every show he can get to and does the most
desperate measures to win ...ie broken trans i,ll have to go out with 1 gear!!
or on the other hand the rules revolve around me so im gonna bang
the tyres and go for ten more mins and still win!!!
well thats crap weve all banged em before and kept going
thats how we learnt the rule...
as an ex adelaide burnout comp judge im telling you that most of the
burnouts that ive seen peter gay to when ive travelled to shows
interstate....most times i dont think he,s got what it takes!!!!
but thats my opinion!!!

if you are up for a good show thats well organised and ran and judged
fairly gazzanats is for you !!! check it out on the gary myers website
for details....p.s. 4000 first prize :spoton:

#53 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 12:57 PM

Yeah thats all well and good, but when the winners get $3000, thats when I get furious.  The cheque had Peter Gray's name on it before he even did his skid!!

Yeh I know, and that what makes it worse, but I was reluctant to use the word corrupt, but I guess that's what it starts to look like.

I would be spewing if I were one of the guys that did well in that competition because the $3000 I would think is really compensation for the damage you can do trying to win a competition like that as well as incentive to enter. It's very easy to smash your pride and joy, expensive toy into the wall/guard rail.

We should write to editorials like the one in SM magazine etc etc so that these guys realise that this sort of thing doesn't go un-noticed by their audience.

Edited by TORANR AMORE, 21 April 2006 - 01:00 PM.

#54 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 21 April 2006 - 01:18 PM

First of all I just have to say to MYLJ - WHAT A KICK-ASS burnout mate!!! It was bloody fantastic. I watched it from the fence near the start line, and it was easily top ten. I did hear the commentators even saying what a real good, solid burnout it was too. It certainly put a lot of the other burnouts to shame!!!!! Solid, constant smoke, ace driving, it was just mint!!!!

PS. "Might be time to put a pump on top too" -< Are you serious???!!! BRING IT ON!!!

As for the burnout winners - I reckon there should be a rule - whoever wins the comp, should be in-eligible for the next 2 years - they can still perform and entertain, but just not be eligible to take the cash and winners crown home. Keep things fresh and interesting....

#55 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 01:19 PM

Also, MYLJ - where did you end up placing????

#56 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 01:23 PM

First of all I just have to say to MYLJ - WHAT A KICK-ASS burnout mate!!! It was bloody fantastic. I watched it from the fence near the start line, and it was easily top ten. I did hear the commentators even saying what a real good, solid burnout it was too. It certainly put a lot of the other burnouts to shame!!!!! Solid, constant smoke, ace driving, it was just mint!!!!

PS. "Might be time to put a pump on top too" -< Are you serious???!!! BRING IT ON!!!

I ended up 15th or 16th :rolleyes: oh well there is always next time....................................

.........................and yes I'm seroius about putting a pump on the 454, just need to find the funds first :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#57 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 21 April 2006 - 01:42 PM

heheh that thing with a pump on it... "SHOTGUN"!!!

That'll be nothing short of AMAZING :)

#58 _sheppo_

_sheppo_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 04:48 PM

ever notice how the so called heavy hitters in a burnout comp always try to go last no matter what comp you talk about, well i reckon that last years springnats finally got it right.what they did was have everyone in the burnout comp draw a number from a hat and that was your position within the comp problem solved.ppl have as long i can remember try to go last in these comps because it remains a standout within the judges eyes and therefor easier to win or place(what do u remember your last root or the 1 before).another thing is to remember most of these so called heavy hitters that win most burnout comps are paid to be there,wouldnt it make more sense not pay anyone to be in the comp to put things back to a more level playing field.just my 2 cents.

#59 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:51 PM

"Easternats" Did someone say Commodore? I couldnt belive how much commodores...
I went on saturday, and didnt see much, poorly ran... Some good stuff, i saw WYLDLC is that someones cars on the forum? what about NARSTE? TORRIE? PHSYKO? 1TUFLH? I have photo's of them all, anyway, I didnt see Clints car :( or Bretts, my brother went on sunday and said he saw Bretts car... Wouldve liked to see that 454 go crazy...
From a kids point of view - Boronia Rod Run is more entertaining...
Just my two cents

#60 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:56 PM

Post up some photo's Liam.W :D

#61 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:01 PM

Ok, *starts logging on to photobucket* do you guys want everything, or just torries, holdens? plus, they arnt top quality

#62 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:02 PM

Torry's and other Holdens :spoton:

#63 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:09 PM

This will take for yonks, will be fully done round' 7:00

#64 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:02 PM

Son of a bitch stuffed up, ive only put 8 photo's on, damn, oh well, i'll give you my photobucket site, Liams Photo Bucket its under gmh torana stuff, theres only 8, ah well, i got other pictures under Street Machines and Toranas

#65 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:05 PM

Cool, thanks dude :spoton:

#66 _Hotrodder_

_Hotrodder_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2006 - 04:25 PM

I was there, had my hotrod out having some fun too.
For those that took any notice, it was the purple A model tudor with the HSV running gear in it.
Scared quite a few people with the BIG brakes, nearly had a blue torry trying the liberace shuffle too..... the thing needs a serious brake upgrade whoever owns it.
Anyway, as for the judging of the burnouts, that was total garbage. Steve (MYLJ) shouldve placed in the top10 for sure, peter gray probably didnt deserve 1st place, sure it was a good skid but not THAT good.
As for the rules - deduct 5 points for continuing after tyres blown - theres obviously one set of rules for the average joe, and another set for the elite.
If we didnt have a pit garage I probably wouldnt keep going back.

#67 _sway_

_sway_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:38 PM

We had fun this year, Always do! But I can't believe how many of you were there that I never got to see! (Did you not see the photos tent?)

Unfortunatly with all the rain on Saturday crowd numbers were down quite alot and events were delayed & shortened. Sunday saw a huge turn out with some really good events although I was upset when I got a text telling me LXCHEV was sitting on the other side of the track with a problem I had encountered once before. Was good to see him back ot on Saturday though.

MYLJ - saw your car but never saw you, would have loved to meet you! One of your fellow Mates Rates friends has specifically asked for photos of the LJ (c? Can't tell you right now I'm not looking at the photo) in the drags that we got for him but doesn't seem to be cluey on the internet. I thought maybe you can give him a hand?

Next year we are going to need some more people to help us I think - it was a very full on event photos wise. We got the pics up earlier than expected www.easternatsphotos.com But I have to warn you that they are heavily watermarked and low res because SO MANY people told me blatently they were just going to take their photos from our website rather than pay for them. :furious: So to them :finger: I wish it was viable to upload without a watermark at all but that's just never going to happen.

Jadey

#68 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2006 - 02:42 PM

Some pics of all the nice torries would be great. There was one, SLAPWR I think the rego is, purple LX, A9X scoop, tubbed, as well as the many other extreme ones that go every year.

Anyone got a few to share?

#69 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2006 - 02:47 PM

Yeh but they are Nokia phone pics....
You want me to post them up?

#70 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:49 PM

Yeh but they are Nokia phone pics....
You want me to post them up?

Yeah, that would be good, i'd load up my nokia photo's but my internet is slow...
Im still waiting for the first of next month!

#71 _svenikus_

_svenikus_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:36 AM

Photos from Saturday and Sunday, unfortunately got a bit too tipsy on sunday night and couldn't recover in time for monday, otherwise I would have been there. I'd say it wasn't quite as good as last year, but then again the weather and the amount of bombadores that seemed to have been borrowed off mum's ruined it this year.

I loved the show of torry's!

Easternats

Jade: if you need a hand next year just give me a yell and I'll try and sort something out with you.

Brett: Nice to meet you and great work with LXCHEV and SHUBES.

MYLJ: Saw critta (didn't see the burnouts :() I absolutely love the car!

#72 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:35 PM

Totally what I was after svenikus, thanks for posting :spoton:

Peace,

#73 _Southo_

_Southo_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:54 AM

I have put a few higher resolution ones up with little watermarking..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Southo, 01 May 2006 - 04:06 AM.

#74 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:28 PM

Southo - cheers for posting the pic up! You've made my day using my blue beastie as an example! haha. I just checked out the other high-res shots on your site and they certainly show the fantastic quality of the photos you guys have taken, well done. You amaze me at how many great shots you get every year.

I hope everyone takes such a great opportunity to buy copies of their car in action - I will happily swing you guys some cash for copies of mine. Looking forward to it. I think Deb has already been in contact with Jade, so whatever the going rate is mate, I'll be grabbing a CD for sure. Can't thank you enough.

PS. I'm glad I polished my droptank up that weekend. Looks great in that pic above.

Cheers once again :spoton:

Brett.

#75 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:30 PM

PS. Jade - sorry we barely got to see you and chat the whole weekend! Damn hectic car events!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users