vy ss sedan interior into a LX sedan

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 _darkone040_

_darkone040_
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:58 PM

hi, im just really researcing at this point in time but i was wondering how hard would it be to put all of the interion out of a vy ss into an lx..

that would include seats, dash, center console, door trims and then i would have to modify the doors somehow to accept the vy's central locking, power windows and different inside door openers..

ive seen the seats and dash done around here somewhere but cant find much information around on how to do it..

cheers adrian

#2 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:04 PM

Surely could be, but why ?

#3 _homer_

_homer_
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:22 PM

Yep.... anything can be done!!!

#4 _darkone040_

_darkone040_
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:23 PM

ive always dreamed that my torri would have the oldschool looks on the outside and a neat modern interior on the inside and i think the the vy commodore interior does the part quite nicely

#5 _sbc57lx_

_sbc57lx_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:23 AM

Don't think the door trims would ever fit ........
Why not just buy a VY SS ( is the trim that GOOD ? ) and keep the LX the way it should be..

BUT, any things possible......

#6 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:34 AM

Door trims would be hard. But everything else is possible!

I think you could create some door trims that fit the scheme of the interior easier.

There is a UC on ebay, that has a VY SS front and rear seats in.

And there was a car on here not long ago that was putting in a VY dash i think into a torry.

#7 _darkone040_

_darkone040_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:24 PM

im thinking the door trims would require me to cut the outer door frame off the torana and weld in the commodore one..
basically so the bolt holes and trim plugs line up..
the modify the door internals so the it will all fit into the different position of the door catch..
make sure the power windows are goin to travel in the right direction..
trim the excess off the door trim assuming the torana door is smaller..

shal be interesting..

#8 _gibbo88_

_gibbo88_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:59 PM

what about the steering wheel can it be fitted with out to much moding of the steering wheel or steering shaft?, i want a vr commodore steering wheel in my uc?

#9 myss427

myss427

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Car:427 hatch, CV8 Monaro, Ve SSV ute. Was part owner A9X sedan until he sold it without telling me!
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:48 PM

At Summernats there was an EH with a full V2 Monaro Interior, dash door trims, front & back seats, steering column etc. Looked fantastic, even the vents that go through the dash to door trims worked. Would have cost a fortune all done in cream leather. So if you can do that to an EH, I would say yes to a Torana.

#10 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:03 PM

Front seats from a VY SS are a snack to fit but they do sit higher so best do a test fit before actually doing the mods.. I have them in my car and they suit me fine, I prefer them being a little higher than std Torry seats, my height is approx 5' 8 and a half inches.

One day in the near?? future we are going to look at lowering the passenger seat a bit as my mechanic only just fits and he likes to come on runs with me. He is quite tall though.

One thing for sure the VY SS seats are far more comfortable and this is very noticeable on a long journey.

Here is a photo taken the day we fitted them. I had them upholstered in old school look fabric and the standard Torry rear seat is upholstered to match.

Posted Image

Cheers
Herne

Edited by Herne, 20 January 2010 - 03:06 PM.

#11 ReplicarSLR

ReplicarSLR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Car:Not anymore unfortunately

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:10 PM

Wasn't someone on the forum already doing late model Commodore dash, seats and door trims into a Torana? Cannot seem to find it though

Herne, relocate your fire extingisher then you won't have to change the seat height !!! :-)

#12 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

Wasn't someone on the forum already doing late model Commodore dash, seats and door trims into a Torana? Cannot seem to find it though

Herne, relocate your fire extingisher then you won't have to change the seat height !!! :-)

hahha pmsl, Danny (mechanic) wondered what he was sitting on ;) lol

Herne

#13 _darkone040_

_darkone040_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:25 PM

those seats look like they were meant to be there.. looks great

#14 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:41 AM

Iv'e been mucking around with a vy ss dash in my LX for the last 4 months or so on and off, Have also got VZ seat in there. I've been very lasy though and I haven't put any pics up of the build for a long time. Will post some up as soon as I get a chance.

Les

#15 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:13 PM

Heres a few pics of the dash

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 _darkone040_

_darkone040_
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:48 PM

oh wow that looks awesome very snug fit, do you have a pic without the dash in place, someone mentioned in another thread that they had to cut a piece out and weld in another piece so it would fit, was wondering exactly what bit was modified

cheers adrian.

#17 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

Damn, been beaten to it, was reading the latest Street Machine and looking at the HQ 2 door with the VY/Z dash in it and thinking how cool it would look in the Torry, looks like i'll have to wait and see how this one goes. Les make heeps of notes and take lots of pics and don't forget a project thread, will be interested in how much is involved and what mods need to be done to fit it in, not too worried about door trims etc just dash, console and seats.

Mort

#18 _slick rick_

_slick rick_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

hi has their been any more pics of the dash ? and has the dash been finnished ? ive been thinking about doing this to my lh

#19 _Wogking_

_Wogking_
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

Hi Les I've just joined this forum and found u again I've sent a couple of messages to u through the comordore forum and eBay. Sorry to hassle u but I really need some advice before I start my project.
Regards
Daniel

#20 _UCMYDREAM_

_UCMYDREAM_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hi Guys, Not wanting to jump on the band wagon but hey who can knock bask a free ride. I would also like to know how difficult, what has to be removed etc to make it fit. Reason being my donor car for my UC Hatch project is a Ex Police Pursuit VY SS commodore that did a pirouette at the end of a chase. Was originally bought from a damaged vehicle auction for the 5.7 L - 6 speed combo but started to think why waste that SS red leather interior? Also plan to use the tunnel to accomodate the gearbox rather than fabricate from sheet metal, therefore using the dash and console just seems logical. Electric windows and central locking actually the whole BCM PTM and EFI harness has been stripped to go into the UC.

#21 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hey mate go onto Members Projects and Plans and look for the thread SLR 6000 project. From my recollection mrlctorana didn't have to trim the original torana dash fascia too much. But the SS dash trimmed and narrowed in a little. Not too much though. Anything fits with patience and money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users