• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 _SHOWWHEELS_

_SHOWWHEELS_
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:22 PM

Hey guys,

I�m Steve from Showwheels P/L

I would like to offer our services to you guys for any questions you might have regarding tyre and wheel fitment.

Here at Showwheels we have a lot of experience fitting wheels to standard and modified cars and from time to time we even have fitment questions arise that we may not have the answer for, and in this case will be sure to ask for your help too.

I look forward to meeting you guys and helping you with anything we can.

Cheers,

Steve

#2 _LH SL/R 5000_

_LH SL/R 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:25 PM

Hi Steve, welcome to the site.

Is the KWC 015 available in a 17x8 with a standard 3.5" backspace, HQ stud pattern?

Cheers Brad.

#3 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:48 PM

I have already received great assistance and advice from you guys! Thumbs up from me :spoton:

#4 _SHOWWHEELS_

_SHOWWHEELS_
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:12 PM

Hi Steve, welcome to the site.

Is the KWC 015 available in a 17x8 with a standard 3.5" backspace, HQ stud pattern?

Cheers Brad.

Hi Pal,
We can defenantly help you out with a set of the KWC 015 to suit HQ stud patturn.

feel free to call up any time and we can discuss further or email myself at: [email protected]
We are open 8:30 - 5:00 mon - fri and 9:00 - 12:00 saturdays

#5 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:34 PM

How about bringing Hotwires back.

the moulds at ROH are u/s so we need someone to redo them. in 16 x 8 and 16 x 10 please

#6 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:45 PM

the moulds at ROH are u/s so we need someone to redo them. in 16 x 8 and 16 x 10 please

Agreed but is there not more tyre options with 17 inch?

What is about the maximum overall tyre diameter for the front and rears?

I have 15 x 9 front and 15 x 10 rear that will still require a little clearancing and are wearing AVS 255/45/15 and 285/40/15.

What other tyres keep the same overall diameters but fit say 16 or 17 inch?

#7 _SHOWWHEELS_

_SHOWWHEELS_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:18 AM

I have 15 x 9 front and 15 x 10 rear that will still require a little clearancing and are wearing AVS 255/45/15 and 285/40/15.

Hey mate,
We have to agree the Hotwire was a great looking wheel, and the best tyre range is 17" wheels which clear brake upgrades pretty well.
"Man those are some cool size yoko tyres you have there"
17" equivelant would be 245 or 255/35/17 on the rear we only have 35 series tyres so in this case the rears would be taller than the fronts.

Kind regards,
Steve
SHOWWHEELS

#8 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:18 PM

Agree on the choice of tyres for 17's, but my size choice was influenced by CAMS Tarmac Regs which give a maximum size of 16 inches for the A9X.

#9 _SHOWWHEELS_

_SHOWWHEELS_
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:06 AM

Agree on the choice of tyres for 17's, but my size choice was influenced by CAMS Tarmac Regs which give a maximum size of 16 inches for the A9X.

Hey mate,
You have a totally valid point.
Cams are very restricted in what wheels and tyres you can use. You i am sure would be a lot more aware of these rules and regulations than i am.

Cheers for your feedback mate.

Steve
SHOWWHEELS

#10 _hotlx8_

_hotlx8_
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:19 PM

Hey Steve,

I'm looking to put 17x8 and 17x10 Intro GT Sport wheels on an LX Torana 4 door. Car has upgraded discs on the front and VR Commodore discs on the rear (9" diff with standard width). I've measured what I think is the required backspace but I'm not 100% sure. I measured from the mounting face of the disc to the inner guard (front) / shock absorber (rear) and then deducted 1" for clearance. This has given me a backspace of 4" on the rear and 3.5" on the front. Does this sound right for an LX Torana? Let me know if more info is required.

Cheers!
Matt

#11 _SHOWWHEELS_

_SHOWWHEELS_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:50 PM

Hey Steve,

I'm looking to put 17x8 and 17x10 Intro GT Sport wheels on an LX Torana 4 door. Car has upgraded discs on the front and VR Commodore discs on the rear (9" diff with standard width). I've measured what I think is the required backspace but I'm not 100% sure. I measured from the mounting face of the disc to the inner guard (front) / shock absorber (rear) and then deducted 1" for clearance. This has given me a backspace of 4" on the rear and 3.5" on the front. Does this sound right for an LX Torana? Let me know if more info is required.

Cheers!
Matt

Hey Matt,
thanks for your enquiry mate.
Your tory sounds real tough dude. Did you have much trouble addapting VR brakes or did you purchase a brake upgrade kit?

For us to be able to order a set of wheels, we need a back space and front space measuring from the front of the hub where your wheel bolts upto.
If you click on this link to our website mate, down load the tech sheet and and this will talk you through what measurements we require.
http://www.showwheel...m.au/downloads/

If you have any problems, or need pricing, feel free to give us a call (03) 9763.7100 or email me at: [email protected]

cheers mate,

Steve
www.Showwheels.com.au

#12 _hotlx8_

_hotlx8_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

Hey Matt,
thanks for your enquiry mate.
Your tory sounds real tough dude. Did you have much trouble addapting VR brakes or did you purchase a brake upgrade kit?

For us to be able to order a set of wheels, we need a back space and front space measuring from the front of the hub where your wheel bolts upto.
If you click on this link to our website mate, down load the tech sheet and and this will talk you through what measurements we require.
http://www.showwheel...m.au/downloads/

If you have any problems, or need pricing, feel free to give us a call (03) 9763.7100 or email me at: [email protected]

cheers mate,

Steve
www.Showwheels.com.au

Thanks for that Steve! I'm hoping she all comes together but just doin things slowly at the moment. The VR brakes were pretty much a bolt-on fit. I got a 9" conversion from Keysborough Diffs and they set it up with flanges to take the brakes, so all I had to do was find the calipers and backing plates from a VR and I was set. I bought slotted cross-drilled rotors to suit. I had to swap the left & right brakes so that the calipers didn't hit the shockers. Am going to have to customise the handbrake brackets as a result but this should be no sweat!

I've downloaded the tech sheet (cheers for this!) and will get all the measurements I need. Will get in touch with you when I have all the info and am ready to get a quote from you.

Thanks again! ;-)

#13 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:44 PM

Hi Steve.

I need some help with the offset needed to put 15" by 7 or possibly 8;s on the back of my lc torana. it is standard banjo rear, lowered suspension etc. what would you recommend as im getting some stockies modified.

Thanks

Paul

#14 _SHOWWHEELS_

_SHOWWHEELS_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:22 AM

Hi Steve.

I need some help with the offset needed to put 15" by 7 or possibly 8;s on the back of my lc torana. it is standard banjo rear, lowered suspension etc. what would you recommend as im getting some stockies modified.

Thanks

Paul

Hey Paul.
Great to hear from you mate.
Our streeter wheels, although they are 17" and 18", we run a 12P offset of the 8" wide, and 6P offset of 7" which should be the same for 15's
this would give you around 4 1/2 - 4 3/4" backspacing which we use.
hope this is a guide and gives you somthing to work with mate.
feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.
cheers,
steve
showwheels

#15 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:40 AM

Hi Steve,

I can also comment on the service provided by you guys it is very good.

I have the streeters with 17x7 all round, and due to the wider than standard diff I couldn't fit the 17x8 on the rear.

I think you want to get the 17x8" streeters with a 5.5" back spacing. Please Please LOL.

Cheers Ryan

#16 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:07 PM

:spoton:

great thread.

well done.

XXKAZXX

#17 _SHOWWHEELS_

_SHOWWHEELS_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:51 AM

Hey Guys,
Thanks for all your great feedback.
We wouldn't have such a repetable name, if it wasn't for you guys, your feedback and the honour to have a set of our wheels on your pride and joy.
we are chasing photo's of previous customers with either our streeters or a set of billets, to up date our website and photo bucket albums.
If you would like your car to be seen by other like minded rev heads, we would love to see some pics.
Please email any photo's to: [email protected]

Thanks again guys, and any questions, feel free to post up here, email or call us on (03) 9763.7100

Cheers,
Steve
Showwheels

www.showwheels.com.au

#18 eyepeeler

eyepeeler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Car:77 SL Hatchback, Chrome Yellow L34, LX IPRA Race Car the White Ghost

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

Hey mate,
We have to agree the Hotwire was a great looking wheel, and the best tyre range is 17" wheels which clear brake upgrades pretty well.
"Man those are some cool size yoko tyres you have there"
17" equivelant would be 245 or 255/35/17 on the rear we only have 35 series tyres so in this case the rears would be taller than the fronts.

Kind regards,
Steve
SHOWWHEELS

So whats the chance of seeing the Hotwires??? 16" or 17"....

#19 _SHOWWHEELS_

_SHOWWHEELS_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:20 AM

So whats the chance of seeing the Hotwires??? 16" or 17"....
[/quote]

Hey mate,
Unfortunatly at this stage we have no palns on taking on the hot wire design. to make it worth while we would need at least 100 sets pre sold to make it viable as there is a huge costs ivolved in designing a new wheels.
At this stage there hasn't been enough demand for these.
This isn't to say possibly one day if the demand increased, we wouldnt look into it.

Thanks for your comments mate.
cheers
steve
showwheels

#20 _89'King_

_89'King_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:50 AM

Put my name on the list for a set of 17" hotwires... at least that's 1 of 100 sets :spoton:

Josh.

#21 _SHOWWHEELS_

_SHOWWHEELS_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:40 AM

Put my name on the list for a set of 17" hotwires... at least that's 1 of 100 sets Posted Image

Josh.

Hey Josh,
haha no worries mate.
its the feed back from you guys that Help us deturmine what you guys want.
so far we have found out Streeter wheel to be most popular with all the old classic holdens, but would love to know what you guys think of it too.

cheers guys
steve
showwheels

#22 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:16 PM

Hi Steve.

Thanks

Paul

Hey Paul.
Great to hear from you mate.
Our streeter wheels, although they are 17" and 18", we run a 12P offset of the 8" wide, and 6P offset of 7" which should be the same for 15's
this would give you around 4 1/2 - 4 3/4" backspacing which we use.
hope this is a guide and gives you somthing to work with mate.
feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.
cheers,
steve
showwheels

hi steve. i need to pick your brain again!

what i need clarification on is the difference between the measurements used in wheel offsets. some people use inches, some +XXp and also +XXmm.

might be a stupid question but it would help me understand wheel spacings!

thanks again, really appreciate your support in this forum

Paul

#23 _parsons5000_

_parsons5000_
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:43 AM

Hot wires are back guys :)

#24 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 19 January 2020 - 12:36 PM

Looks like SHOWWHEELS is back from being off line for about 3 years  :spoton:  :clap:  :rockon:  , http://www.showwheels.com.au

Edited by N/A-PWR, 19 January 2020 - 12:38 PM.

#25 Cook

Cook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:48 PM

Interesting.  I'd be keen to find out who is behind it before I ventured into this.  From personal experience i bought a set of Showheels a few years ago and when I took them to the tyre fitter, he wouldn't touch one of them because the run-out was unacceptable.  I got a replacement after a huge wait and continual hassle, but still the same issue.  In the end they had it realigned by a company in Vic (can't remember their name).  I believe the model I chose was not actually made by Showheels but another US business and they were just branded Showheels and that's why it took so long for me to get a replacement.  Their tolerance were in excess of what I was able to ascertain was acceptable in Australia.  Now I make the caveat that my experience was a few years ago and a lot can change in that time.  Cheers Ron 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users